5TH CHAPTER

TOGETHER

Daesung and Seungri are now in their game room currently playing “Fallout 4” with their latest PlayStation 4. This room is full with many pc games, X-box and playstations bought by their hyungs. Taeyang is the main guy who bought these games for his dongsaengs. A big room with different lightings at the ceilings and a giant sliding door at the balcony, this is Seungri’s real hideout in the house. If the hyungs can’t find him in his room, they will found him here. While they are playing, Jiyong is standing at the door looking ready to go somewhere with his dark blue shirt and grey jeans.

 

“Daesung-ah, hyung wants to go out for awhile. You and Seungri stay at home and if you guys want to go out as well, text me. Inform the driver as well, and don’t forget prepare for dinner. I’ll be home soon and help. Got it?” instruct Jiyong.

 

“Where do you want to go, hyung. I want to follow you,” Seungri said after straights away pausing the game and get ready to get up from his seat. Before he manage to get up, Daesung hit his head with a cushion.

 

“Kyaaa!! You stay with me!”

“Don’t want. I want to go with Jiyong hyung,”

“Shut up! Stay and restart the game. You are the one who asked me to play, right. Now, finish what you started,” Daesung pulls Seungri’s leg and force him to sit beside him.

 

“Seungri, you stay and please go shower. It’s 2.30 pm and you still in your pajama. I’ve some business to settle. Don’t be kids,” tells Jiyong clearly annoyed with his dongsaeng and leaves the two in the room.

 

After Jiyong left, Seungri keeps on pouting at Daesung as he just get scolded from Jiyong,and this annoyed Daesung to death.

 

“Now, it’s 2.30pm Ri-a. How about you go shower first and then let’s go out shopping for dinner and “play” a bit?” asked Daesung with interesting face, trying to tempt Seungri.

 Seungri looks like he is thinking about the offer and slowly smiles form from his lip. He nodded crazily and straights away get up from his seat to his room.

 

“KYAAA!! You should at least tidy this up!! Haisy. It’s always me who ends up cleaning up the mess” said Daesung while turning off the game.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Meanwhile Jiyong stops his car in front of a hotel. He gets out from the car and gives his car key to the valet and walks into the hotel. He stops at the elevator and presses the button to get in. Once he gets to the 20th floor, he turns right and stops at one suite. He smiles and knocks the door twice. Later, someone opens the door but Jiyong couldn’t see who opens it as that person is hiding behind the door. Slowly he walks in with grin on his face.

 

“Gaahhh!!!” he shocks the person behind the door and the person is laughing crazily in respond to him then straights away jump on Jiyong and hugs him tightly.

 

“Ji!! I miss you!” screams the lady.

Jiyong hugs her and swipes her off of her feet then they laugh together like there is no tomorrow and when Jiyong finally put her down, he kiss her on her forehead with love.

 

“I miss you more, Han Da Ra!” he squeezes her cheek and ends up kissing every parts of her face like a crazy man.

 

Han Da Ra is Jiyong’s girlfriend for 3 years and no one knows about this as they keep their relation as a top secret. They first met when they both pursuing for their studies in the university and they only meet on the weekend, in various hotels without attracting any attention. The reason why they keep it as a secret is because; Da Ra is one of the legal heirs of HanShin Group, one of a giant company in Seoul, and a beloved sister to Han Jonghyun, the real enemy of Jiyong and Seunghyun in the business world. They can’t imagine what’s going to happen if their relationship is known by their both brothers. They have it all – love, passion, intimacy, wealth and a world of possibilities for their future, but by being themselves, and love each other, it will not be easy and that being together will pose challenges that neither of them would anticipate.

 

Da Ra pulls Jiyong’s hand heading to the bed. She climbs on the bed, lies down and then she pats the mattress like a kid asking Jiyong to lie down with her. Jiyong just can’t brush off his smiles from his face. He lies down with her and put her head on his left arm.

 

“It’s just 2 weeks and I felt like 2 years. Haisy,” tells Jiyong while playing with her hair. He keeps on smelling her dark brown hair like a madman. He misses his woman so bad it hurts.

 

Da Ra smiles brightly and she turns to face Jiyong while she rests her left hand on his chest, playing with his shirts button and she just stares at her man with love. This guy in her arms is the only one who manages to swipe her off of her feet, lifts her in the air, kiss her endlessly and loves her unconditionally but no matter how much they love each other, she can’t stop worrying that where is this relationship is going. Will they end up together? Will they end up marrying each other? Having family with kids running around the house like anyone else. At these thoughts, her bright smiles fade and turn to a sad one. Jiyong notices this. He holds her cheek with his right hand and looks into her sad eyes.

 

“Why, baby?” Jiyong whispers.

 

Da Ra just stays quiet and still keeps on staring Jiyong’s face like he will disappear any moment.

 

“Baby?” Jiyong starts to feel uneasy. The silent is deafening.

 

Da Ra slowly gets up and sits. She rubs her hand and she can feel that she can break to tears anytime now. Jiyong gets up as well and hugs Da Ra from behind. He can sense that something is wrong and he needs to know. He waits for her to speak and they sit like that for quite some time till Da Ra finally speaks up.

 

“Till when we are going to stay like this Ji. Meet in private every time, we can’t hold hands in public, we can’t date like everyone else. No one knows. We keep the families in the dark for years. I can’t meet your brothers and you can’t come to my house. We can’t even go somewhere for a vacation without feeling worried that someone is following us around.” Da Ra is now crying and she moves Jiyong’s hugging hands from her and she turns around facing him. She holds his hand like she’s pleading to the man before her.

 

“I love you. I really really love you. I want to live my life with you. I only have you and I want you Ji. Do you want me?” asked Da Ra softly.

 

Jiyong keeps in silent. He doesn’t know what to say. He doesn’t know how to reply. He loves this woman before him. He loves her unconditionally, he wants to support her goals and dreams, honor her for the rest of his life, laughs with her, cry with her and bring her the world no matter where the life is taking them.

 

“Always,” replies Jiyong softly. He looks into her eyes showing how sincere he is with her.

“Let’s tell them. Let’s stop hiding. It’s time.” Da Ra is trying to convince by holding his hands tightly, transferring the confident and strength.

Jiyong looks at her and slowly he looks down. This is just not about love, this is more than that. Family, business and many more. It is not as simple as let’s tell everyone and then live happily ever after. No, it’s not. Slowly Jiyong pulls his hands from Da Ra and carefully moves to sit at the edge of the bed. Da Ra can read Jiyong’s mind and she’s not upset when Jiyong pulls his hands from her. She understands why he wants to keep this as a secret before but now she needs him to understand why they need to reveal everything now.

 

“We are too scared without first facing the real thing. We are living in a dream and now it’s time to wake up, Ji. We need to wake up. I don’t mind even have to meet you like this all the time because I’m willing to do anything for you. For us. But what I’m asking you now, till when?”  Da Ra explains when she’s at the same time now hugs Jiyong from behind. The man in her arms now is scared of the reality and she needs him to wake up and fights for their love for real now.

 

“It’s not that easy, Da Ra. The situation that we are in now is complicated. The reality is that we are COMPETITORS! Your brother never stops from trying to take over everything, chasing my brother, shaking everyone. He’s a threat. Your family is a threat. I understand how you feel. Suffocated with all this secret but I don’t have a choice. We don’t have a choice. If we tell them now, there is no turning back and every dreams that we have will turn to ashes. I can’t afford to lose you now,” Jiyong replied.

 

“Then, do you afford to lose me later?” Da Ra pulls away.

 

Jiyong turn around and face his lover. No. He can’t afford to lose her at any time.

 

“I’m asking you Ji. Do you afford to lose me later?” Da Ra look right at Jiyong’s eyes looking for answer.

 

“I love you Da Ra. More than you can ever imagine but I love my hyung more and I can’t just do this to him. I’m sorry,” Jiyong’s answer hurts Da Ra so much. She looks down at her hands not knowing what to say. Do we have to lose everything now?

 

“I understand.” she said quietly.

 

 

Jiyong gets up and turn around, and then he kneels down to face Da Ra. He takes her hand in his. “Give me time, Da Ra. We will get past through this. I can’t afford to lose you now, and I won’t afford to lose you later. Losing you will be the death of me. No matter what happen, I won’t let you go. I promise.” pleads Jiyong.

 Da Ra looks Jiyong in the eyes, convincing herself that this parade has to go on for each and everyone sake. She wants to believe that they can go through this and she has faith in Jiyong that he will never let her go.

 

“I’ll fight for you; I’ll fight for us,” Jiyong continues.

 

“The man who dare to shots a glare to my brother, must also be able to fight for me right?” she whispers to his ear.

 

Slowly Jiyong can see Da Ra’s smiles for him. Jiyong wipes her tears with his finger. Oh God,I want to look at that smile forever and able to have her in my arms till the end of time. I want this. I want us. Jiyong finally smiles.

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

Those two boys arrived home at 5.50pm after their groceries shopping and their so-called “play-time” and now they are frantically panic because Seunghyun will be home by 7pm to have dinner together. Even Jiyong is not home yet and now Seungri in his panic mode, dialing his Jiyong hyung’s number while Daesung is busily taking out their groceries from the plastic. Totally focus on preparing dinner.

 

“Hyung, Jiyong hyung is not picking up! Where the hell he went?”

“Instead of trying so hard to reach him, it’s better for you to come here and HELP ME!” Daesung is now crazy and keeps on looking at the clock hanging on the wall near the stairs while cutting onions. Seungri quickly put down his phone and go help his hyung preparing for dinner. Today they will cook Buldak (Spicy Chicken) which is Seunghyun’s favorite, Dwenjang Chigae (Beef & Vegetable Stew) which is Daesung’s favorite, and potato pancake.

“I am so going to kill Jiyong hyung when he reaches home,” said Seungri dangerously while washing the vegetables.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

“Kids, I’m home!!!” Jiyong shouts as soon as he enters kitchen butDaesung and Seungri just ignoring him and continue to serve those dishes on the dining table. Jiyong knows that his dongsaengs are angry at him at the moment because he just broke his words to help preparing the dinner and now is 7.05pm, even Seunghyun is nowhere to be found. No car or shoes

 

“Dae, Ri…. Hyung is so sorry for being so late. Hyung stuck in traffic just now, and my battery is drained, I can’t reach you guys either,” Jiyong said slowly with pout on his face. He helps to carry the dishes but the dongsaengs still keep quiet and only talk to each other only, this frustrates Jiyong so much!

 

“Kyaaa!! Hyung is sorry you know! Don’t punish me like this. I’m so sorry!” Jiyong said loudly and hugs Seungri from behind and refused to let him go. Daesung just stand at the table and watch, he bite his lips to surpass a smile, he can’t continue being angry at his hyung for too long.

 

“Ri-ah, stop it. Just forgive Jiyong hyung. Now let’s sit and waits for Seunghyun hyung, I think he’ll be here in any minutes,” Daesung said smiling and he pulls the chair and sit.

 

Seungri still with his sour face, he pulls one of the chairs there and Jiyong just follows him like small kids. Jiyong sit beside Seungri and continue to stare at his maknae’s face, asking for some attention but Seungri just ignore him. Now, it’s his turn to tease his hyung.

 

They waited for Seunghyun together for more than 40 minutes now and Seungri starts to complain that he is hungry. Jiyong tries to call Seunghyun but it sounds like Seunghyun off his handphone.  Daesung just fill his tummy by drinking as he doesn’t like to comment anything for now even he starts to feel angry at his hyung.

 

“You still can’t reach him, hyung?” asked Daesung calmly while drinking his water for more than 3 times now.

 

“Seems like he off his phone, Dae,” Jiyong just stare at his phone, not knowing what to do and then he hears a weird sound from Seungri. Yes, Seungri’s stomach starts to make sounds now, he is really hungry.

 

“It’s late now and I don’t think Seunghyun hyung will be here in any minutes. You guys are tired cooking so let’s just dig in,” Jiyong elbows Seungri urging him to start eating and the respond is quick, as he straights away eating the rice and the dishes. Jiyong just smirks looking at his dongsaeng and slowly starts eating too but he looks at Daesung. Daesung doesn’t move a bit to eat. He just stares at the dishes and see Seungri eats his cooks. Daesung finish his drink and slowly gets up from his chair.

 

“Where are you going Daesung-ah?” asked Jiyong looking at his dongsaeng that suddenly gets up without even touch his foods a bit. Seungri suddenly stops eating. He hates this situation.

 

“I’m tired, hyung. I wanna lie a bit. I’ll eat later; I’m not that hungry anyway. Eat well hyung, Ri,” Daesung gives his sweet smile and turn away heading upstairs to his room. Seungri now eats slowly as he doesn’t have the mood anymore now. He knows Daesung is hungry and tired as well and Seunghyun hyung shouldn’t be such an for not coming home. Jiyong sigh at this and seriously he is angry as well but continue to eat, accompanying Seungri that he knows is damn angry as well.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Meanwhile Seunghyun is now warded by force by Lee Jong Suk in one of the VIP room, after Seunghyun told him that he still didn’t eat anything from last night. He was quickly being sent with a tray of foods and was specially fed by the senior nurse Kim Hae Sook. He doesn’t want to be treated like a patient but he himself is really weak at that time and no one is listening to him anymore. His bed is slightly bigger than the normal bed in other ward and the room is quite large with couch and coffee table inside the room. Not to mention a television in front of his bed. Right now Seunghyun is sleeping peacefully even with the beeping sound from the cardiac monitor, the IV tube at his hand, wires at his chest and mainly the nasal cannula at his nose. That’s why he hates hospital. Jong Suk convinced him by telling that tomorrow is Sunday; therefore there will be no problem for him to spent one night in the hospital because Seunghyun is actually really needs rest.

 

Then, carefully one girl walks inside his room. Step by step heading towards his bed and slightly bending down, looking closely to Seunghyun’s face then she slowly stepping back. She now walks slowly to the coffee table and take the tv remote control and walks to the television in front of Seunghyun’s bed. She turns on the tv and hurrily slows down the volume, she changed the channel one by one and finally stop at one channel that currently shows a music performance. Her all time favorite singer is performing and there is he the one that she’s looking for, she smiles with satisfaction and slowly singing along with the song, “Nose, Eyes, Lips”.

 

About 15 minutes later, Seunghyun is moving a bit, started waking up from his long sleep after slowly hearing giggles and small voice near him. Someone’s voice, a girl’s voice. Seunghyun opens his eyes slowly, vividly he sees one lady watching the tv inside his room. That brownish long hair lady is totally focusing on the tv in front of her not realizing the man behind her on the bed already wake up. Seunghyun wonders who the hell is she and slowly registered his mind that the lady is wearing a doctor coat. She must be a doctor here. Before he manages to speak, suddenly the lady moves stretch her hands up and yawning as she sounds so tired then she turn off the tv and casually walks out from the room like nothing happened. Not to mention, that lady carries the remote control with her. Seunghyun totally speechless and wondering the face of that lady as he only able to see her back. Seunghyun then looks at his side, on the table and takes his handphone. Who the hell switch off my phone? Seunghyun then switch on his phone and at the same time he looks at the clock hanging on the wall near the couch. 9.45pm, something is not right and he can feels it. Then his phone at his hand vibrates so many times as so many notifications come in. So many miscalls from Jiyong. He opens the text message,

 

“I know that you’ve a lot of work hyung and I called the guard just now but he said that you didn’t come to office today. Where are you? You are not going to office and I can’t recall any appointments for you today. Where did you go? You promised us that we are going to have dinner together at 7pm today, dongsaengs were waiting for you. They cooked a lot and what is more important than family, hyung?”

 

Seunghyun’s eyes turn wide looking at that text. ! Seunghyun gets up with full speed from his bed but he got stuck with the wires on his chest. He straights away pull the wires, the IV drip and he crazily searching for his shoes. He found them in the small cupboard near his bed and crazily puts on his shoes ignoring the blood that come out from his left hand because he pulls away the IV drip just now. Then someone enters the room, Jong Suk and the nurses come in with horror expression on their face.

 

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING CHOI SEUNGHYUN!” Jong Suk yell at the man before him who is right now the face is full with damn serious angry expression.

 

“WHAT THE WITH THE QUESTION? YOU SWITCH OFF MY PHONE!” Seunghyun yelling back and right now he’s ready to leave but Jong Suk stops him by pulling his arm.

 

“You can’t leave! Are you crazy?”

“You are the one who is crazy! Switch off my phone without me knowing!”

“If I didn’t switch it off, somebody will interrupt you while you were resting and rest is the only thing that you really need right now!”

 

 

Seunghyun stops and he take a very deep breath while closing his eyes, with full effort to control his temper right now because he is so freaking mad. With more calm tone, Seunghyun speaks.

 

“Interrupt? Somebody?” Seunghyun said while raising his eyebrows. “My dongsaengs were looking for me Jong Suk. They were freaking waiting for me, you get it! I don’t need any rest! I just need my dongsaengs! Do you understand?” Seunghyun continue and then he turns away and walks out from the room.

 

With full speed, Seunghyun drives his car and for the first time in his life, he is really scared of his dongsaengs. They must be so freaking mad at him right now. Later, Seunghyun reaches his home, and then he walks into the house. So silent, no sound at all. Seunghyun slowly walks towards kitchen and the kitchen is clean. He just stands there looking blankly towards the empty dining table. He pulls the chair and sit. Seunghyun buries his face in his palms thinking on how stupid he is now, for making a promise that he can’t kept.

"Hyung?"

Seunghyun looks up finding the source of the voice and it came from upstairs, it’s Daesung. Without waiting for Seunghyun’s answer, Daesung walks down the stairs and heading to the silent Seunghyun.

 

“You just come back, hyung?”

“Yes, Dae” took hm awhile to reply.

“Have you had your dinner yet, hyung?”

“Not yet,”

“Then wait here. I’ll serve the dinner, let me reheat them for awhile,” said Daesung who then walks to the fridge and take out the dishes to be reheat. He take a bowl of rice, make some drink and put it on the dining table in front of Seunghyun. They don’t say a single word while Daesung serves the dinner. When Daesung finish putting everything on the dining table, he takes another bowl of rice and then sit in front of Seunghyun at the dining table. Seunghyun looking at his dongsaeng who looks like he is ready to eat.

 

“Let’s eat hyung,” said Daesung who then put the chicken in Seunghyun’s bowl.

“You don’t have your dinner yet Dae?”

“Nope,” Daesung said while eating. His mouth is full already, looks like really hungry.

“Why didn’t you have your dinner?”

“Because I want to eat with you,” Daesung answered simply.

 

Seunghyun speechless while looking at his dongsaeng eating and he can see that Daesung is really hungry. This time Seunghyun really feels guilty towards his dongsaengs. How time flies and everyone is growing up so well but he was not there for them. Daesung notices Seunghyun still didn’t touch his food.

 

“Hyung, eat”

 

Seunghyun slowly picks up his chopstick and later he slowly smiling to Daesung. Smile is a rare thing to him.

 

“Thank you for the foods, Daesung-ah. Hyung will eat well.” Seunghyun said slowly to Daesung while smiling.

 

Daesung gives his hyung his eyes smile. Carefully, he said,

 

“I miss you, hyung….”