#57 - Jungkook x You

Send me a pairing/bias and a number and I’ll write you a drabble

#57 - "Teach me to fight."

Jungkook x You

Word Count: 399

 

Being pushed, shoved, dirt thrown in your face and hair yanked in all different directions if not completely pulled out was the norm for you. So what if you had a little extra insulation around your tummy? You were still cute. All pigtails and puffy cheeks that everyone wanted to poke, you were cute. This was something you had always believed. Now, that you were eight, you were growing up. This is why the constant bullying, verbal and physical got a little hard sometimes. Shedding a single tear in front of those losers was something you were determined not to do. However, that only meant you found clever hiding places to let out those wet blobs. You might be strong but you weren’t invincible. One of those places happened to be up in a tree that overlooked your neighbor’s backyard. Jeon Jungkook knew you but boys didn’t play with girls much. Instead you watched him practice Taekwondo by himself.

Jungkook was very observant but also quiet. The neighbor up in the tree always watching him, he had been well aware of this. She was such a crybaby. Most times he just ignored you. That was until the day you climbed to your safe haven with a particularly long gash on your arm. It was smeared with drying blood you had been ignoring. Today had been the worst yet. Once again you wished to fight just as fluidly as Jungkook was able to. About ten minutes into his practice the young boy just stopped, resting his hands on his hips and staring up at you with these dark indiscernible eyes. Wiping a stray tear, you gulped.

“Hey, you! Yeah, you, crybaby! Get down here.” Pointing a finger at yourself in question like the unintelligent person you actually were not, he waved you down. Wordlessly obeying, your feet took you to solid ground and by the bushes that separated the two yards. “Are you just going to continue being a crybaby?” Staring at him blankly you could see his annoyed impatience towards you. Shaking your head no, you made a decision. A decision for yourself, for the present you and the future you. Ending your blubbering here and there, your eyes steeled over with determination. You spoke, “Teach me to fight.” It wasn’t a question but your neighbor didn’t seem bothered, in fact a small smile appeared. “Get over here then.”