#18/19 - Taehyung x You

Send me a pairing/bias and a number and I’ll write you a drabble

#18/19 – “This is without a doubt the stupidest plan you’ve ever had. Of course I’m in./The paint’s supposed to go where?”

Taehyung x You

Word Count: 1218

 

“This is without a doubt the stupidest plan you’ve ever had.” Jimin whispered harshly to Taehyung, as he was crouching outside of an apartment door. Taehyung stared at his best friend like, ‘Are you in or not?’ He might have thought this was the stupidest plan ever but there was no way he was about to leave his best friend to do this by himself. “Of course I’m in.” That boxy grin that Jimin had seen time and time again was back. “Good, because I was doing this with or without you.” He looked around at the buckets of paint next to them. They were outside of his girlfriend’s home and for some reason were both crouching at her door in the middle of the night. They looked like inexperienced troublemaking teenage burglars when in fact they were neither of those things. In fact, Taehyung actually had a key, which he pulled out of his pocket and stood up. Jimin followed suit shaking his head at how dumb they were being. Sneaking into his girlfriend’s apartment went smoothly. Carrying all the buckets of paint without knocking into things in the dark did not.

 

A string out of hisses and a few curse words slipped out from both of them at various moments each running into a couch or end table. Jimin almost dropped the paint he was carrying because he stubbed his toe so hard. His friend was snickering softly at him, which only made Jimin about to really drop the paint and go tackle him. Unfortunately, the very dark room around them reminded Jimin real quick of why they were there and being quiet was of the essence. Putting a finger to his lips he shushed Taehyung and pointed harshly in front of him to focus on whatever his plan was. Jimin didn’t actually know more than that they were supposed to paint something for honey bunches of oats, which was what he had once heard Taehyung call her on the phone and now he never failed to tease the other. He had to admit it was kind of cute but completely ridiculous and embarrassing. How could anyone say that?

 

Leading the way, Taehyung went into the kitchen where there was a very clean canvas, that canvas being the very wall of her apartment. Setting the paid down, he ran back out to grab the pans they would pour the paint into along with the brushes. Going back through the apartment was much easier the second time around as his eyes had adjusted to the dark. By the time Taehyung was back, Jimin had the light over the stove and another by the sink to give them some lighting. He didn’t want to use too much as he wasn’t quite sure if it could wake up the sleeping girl. They set to work, Taehyung had already drawn out what he wanted on the wall. It was just going to two pretty sunflowers on a backdrop of burnt orange. He was more than sure that this would turn out well, while his friend was skeptical of their painting skills. However, he’d try his hardest. It took them hours and somewhere in the middle of it, a paint war had begun. Hushed laughter and snickers floated through the kitchen air as the two attacked each other with their paintbrushes. It had turned into a paintbrush sword fight. The wall was almost complete so they felt it was okay to take a break. Actually, that was a lie, the two had just been bickering so much about the color of the second sunflower, Jimin attacked with red paint to his friend's cheek and that was all it took. Taehyung retaliated and things escalated. They were running around the island in the kitchen, paint was beginning to drip everywhere and possibly even be getting on the white cabinets. Running around the island one more time and waving his sword back and forth, Taehyung knocked off a plastic container that hit a wooden cabinet before falling harshly to the floor to bounce a couple of times on the tile and making the loudest sound. The boys froze, it now hitting them that their painting wasn’t done but there was yellow and red paint all over the themselves as well as the entire kitchen.

 

Sneaking on tiptoes, they went back to the wall, holding their breath while trying to behave themselves and finish the painting. Only the boys kept bumping into the others shoulder and snickering and giggling. So much so that they didn’t even hear Taehyung’s girlfriend padding into the kitchen. “Ahem.” You cleared your throat to get the intruders attention. Sleep was very much in your eyes as it was only 4:30am much too early in the morning for you to be awake. Arms crossed over your chest, you took in the state of your kitchen. Spinning around sharply, the boys at least had the decency to look somewhat apologetic. The expression you were steeling them with didn’t leave room for much else to be honest. “So, the paint’s supposed to go where?” You waved an arm around at your entire kitchen that was pretty splattered in ketchup and mustard colors. It looks like they were having a war with condiments if it wasn’t for the fact that you could see the very pretty incomplete mural going on. Jimin nudged Taehyung in the side, as if to say he was not about to say anything. Smiling brightly, “Jagi, you’re up early.” He began to walk over while your foot was tapping on the ground. Taehyung kissed your cheek, making sure to point the paintbrush he was holding away from you but his nose was dotted with red paint and now it was smeared along your cheekbone. It was cold and wet so you knew there was some on you.

 

Jimin started to snicker so you trained your eyes on him and it stopped immediately. “Tae? Explain.” He only smiled bigger before swaying side to side. “Jagi, I wanted to surprise you for your birthday. Remember how you always said you wanted to paint something on this wall but weren’t sure if you could? Well, I checked with your landlord and he agreed and I just you know, wanted to make something you’d like. Sunflowers, your favorite.” Nodding, you gave him a small smile. “Yes, I can see that. I’m actually impressed, so far it looks very nice but Tae,” you looked around your kitchen once more. “Explain that. Actually, no don’t explain. Just clean it up.” It was too early in the morning to make him explain what you could pretty much figure out on your own. “Happy Birthday!” Jimin finally piped in and this made you laugh. Your sleepy grumpiness was edging away, smiling at them both you pecked Taehyung’s lips and then walked over to pinch Jimin’s cheek. He scrunched up his nose but accepted his punishment. “Want some help?” You asked as you grabbed another brush that was sitting in one of the paint pans, casually waving it around but intentionally smacking the both of them with paint. A wicked grin spreading across your face right before you attacked. They were still cleaning this up but might as well get some payback while you can.