#11 Taehyung x You (2nd ver)

Send me a pairing/bias and a number and I’ll write you a drabble

#11 – “Don’t you dare throw that snowba-goddammit!”

Taehyung x You

Word Count: 855

 

A mop of dark brown hair with light brown highlights was hanging limply over a snow covered bench between the man’s legs. From afar he looked dejected to any passerby and more than one hesitated for the briefest of moments to walk over to him. If it wasn’t for the sharp winter wind that cut through even wool coats, they may have taken the few steps necessary but instead rushed home to their loved ones. It was long after five o’clock and most people had a hard day, whether from school or work or even looking for work. Life moved on, always bustling around the unfortunate. As it grew darker, the brunette was still rooted to the same spot, hadn’t moved an inch. Whether that was due to being frozen by the cold night air or the snow that was softly falling, landing on the back of his neck only to turn into slush and slide down his spine into his clothes. The young man didn’t seem to care.

 

Couples, groups of kids and people alone continued to pass by without even a glance. One however stopped, standing right in front of him. You had more of a heart than you should or so your friends say. They were always worried that one day you were going to be kidnapped or worse killed because you always seemed to find all the broken people in the world and offered them a warm hand to grasp onto. Tonight was just like that you supposed. He looked so small and alone that it wasn’t in you to just pass by. Reaching out you hesitated and then pulled your hand out. Perhaps he didn’t like unknown people touching him. “Sir? Sir, are you okay?” He didn’t move. For a moment you wondered if you were speaking too softly. Wrapping your red scarf around your neck a little tighter, you cleared your throat and tried again, louder. “Sir, is everything okay? Do you need some fare for the bus, food…” You trailed off as he slowly raised his head just enough so that he could see you underneath his lashes. “Thank you but I’m fine.” The words came out in one of the most depressing tones you had ever heard and it felt like there was a whimpering puppy at your feet.

 

Squatting down, you tried to get a better look at him. Curious eyes, yes you’ve always had them. Luckily your round face seemed to have been deemed cute enough by most to get away with it. Not all of time but enough that you still did these things without even a second thought. “Perk up. I’m sure whatever is going on is upsetting, hurtful and hard right now but this is only a tiny blip in your existence. Tomorrow is a new day. You decide how it will be.” Feeling like you were talking too much, you stopped waiting to gauge his reaction but he just kept staring at you from beneath his lashes blankly. So, why not, you continued on with your mini lecture to a stranger. “You can be upset today but don’t let it ruin tomorrow. You’ll regret it.” Finally, the brunette raised his head fully, a shiver running down his spine while his back ached from the change in posture after sitting so long. “I will?” He questioned bitterly. The words just rolled right off your back. Nodding, you gathered the snow at your feet in your hand, patting it from all sides to make a small snowball. He watched you with slight curiosity. “Yep, you will. If you’re going to let it ruin your day then I’ll just have to deck you one.” Grinning at the man who honestly gave you the feeling of your older brother who sometimes got so down in the dumps he was like this as well. It was hard for you not to feel comfortable with him. Plus, it helped that when he had raised his head you were able to see just how cute he was. A puppy really fit him well. Stretching his legs out as he leaned against the back of the bench, the man eyed you skeptically. “Why should I-“ Not even letting him finish that negative sentence you winded up, readying to throw. “Don’t you dare throw that snowba-goddammit!” Hit him square in the face and for three seconds he sat there just blinking the snow out of his eyes. “You hit me?!” He said incredulous. Trying to stifle your laughter behind your gloved hand, he began to stand. “I don’t even know your name but you better start running if you don’t want one back in that pretty face of yours miss.” Bending over he started scooping up some snow.

 

Backing up slowly, you finally introduced yourself and he grinned at you, finally coming out of his dejected stupor. “Kim Taehyung.” He said just before throwing a snowball back at you, starting a game that you honestly were enjoying more than you should have on a late cold winter’s night with a stranger you had just met in a park passing by.