#18/25 - JiKook

Send me a pairing/bias and a number and I’ll write you a drabble

#18/25 This is without a doubt the stupidest plan you've ever had. Of course I'm in/I can't believe you talked me into this

JiKook!Friends

Word Count: 1292

(I actually messed up on this request >< and wrote the wrong pairing. So the person who requested this gets a freebie fic for my fail)

 

The war between Bangtan Boys had been raging since debut. It had started out as an innocent comment, “I wonder who gets the most likes and retweets.” While Namjoon was posting one of his music recommendations on twitter. However, Jimin, Taehyung and Hoseok all widened their eyes as the idea hit them all in a row. Ding. Ding. Ding. “Let’s bet.” Yes, the war started as simple as that and had escalated as the months turned into years. They would go through spurts mainly when they had a little more time to post on social media but the running tally of who got the most was going on in their dorm, dry erase board full of different colored tallies. They would make dates of the highest and it would change weekly. Whoever got the most would get to choose whatever he wanted for dinner on a day that they were at the dorm, unless of course you were Taehyung and always wanted to eat McDonald’s as your dinner. That was able to be acquired anywhere.

 

This week it was Taehyung who was leading with his silly selca where he was biting his dog. It was dumb but ARMYs loved it and he had been prancing around the dorms all week singing about McDonald’s. Jimin was actually getting quite tired of fast food along with Taehyung and all his gloating. The week wasn’t over yet. There was still two days left. Standing in front of the board in their living room, Jimin had his arms crossed and sighed. “Jimin, no matter how long you stare at it, it’s not going to change.” The voice interrupting Jimin’s thoughts was of course none other than the rude cheeky makane. Turning towards the younger Jimin smacked him in the arm, “Hyung.” He said pointedly, the brat was never calling him that and it got so frustrating sometimes. Just because Jeon Jungkook was taller than him didn’t mean that he could treat him like a kid. That mop of brown hair was swept out of his face and along with it came a bright grin. Jungkook was so proud of himself ruffling his hyung’s feathers. “I know it won’t Jungkookie but I can still hear that damn song Taehyung’s been singing all through the house. Isn’t it annoying you?” His eyes were back on the board while he frowned at the markings indicating Taehyung’s almost imminent win if someone didn’t pull off something more adorable than selcas with a dog. Really, though what was more adorable than your favorite idol with a puppy? Nothing.

 

“Aren’t you tired of double cheeseburgers and fries?” He looked back at the younger and then sighed again. Of course not. Jungkook had shrugged but moved behind his hyung to massage his shoulders a little and hopefully get him to relax. “Not really, but we could always trick Taehyung.” Jimin didn’t turn around because the mini massage he was getting without having to hound the maknae to do was quite soothing and he really didn’t want it to come to an end. “Oh?” He asked, tone indicating that he was all ears for whatever sort of prank this kid was up to. In hushed tones, the maknae told Jimin all about his idea. The smirk on Jimin’s face was getting bigger and bigger the more Jungkook told him. “This is without a doubt the stupidest plan you've ever had. Of course I'm in.” It wasn’t a horrible plan but it was. It was a brilliant plan but it wasn’t. There was certainly an upside and also a very bad downside to it. In the process of taking out Taehyung they were probably going to risk their lives a little. It involved including Yoongi into this competition which isn’t something he does very often at all and even when he does post selcas it’s more for the fans than the game.

 

Neither of the boys thought it’d be wise to let Yoongi know of their plan in case he refused. Instead they took every opportunity to convince Yoongi to take a selca. It did take them a little bit of time but finally Jungkook had convinced the elder. He even took the picture for him, it was probably one of the cutest selcas that Yoongi had taken yet and also involved a plushie. They all knew just how popular Yoongi was when he put plushies on his head or even just held one. The room of the fan signs would burst out in all the “Awwwsss” almost immediately. If Taehyung was allowed to use his dog then Yoongi was certainly allowed to use a plushie. However, the plan wasn’t just to get Yoongi to post a selca, but for the two tricksters to make various twitter accounts to boost the number of likes and retweets it got.

 

The fact that both Jungkook and Jimin had been very quiet for the next two days as well as on their phones almost constantly should have been a dead giveaway but the hyungs were enjoying the quiet and Taehyung almost always entertained himself someway. Hoseok was his victim of choice when he learned Jimin wasn’t in the mood to play with him much. The end of the week came quick. Jimin, Jungkook and Taehyung were all holding their breaths once midnight hit marking the end of that week’s game. Quickly they counted the likes and retweets to see who had won. Hoseok and Jungkook were immediately disqualified because they hadn’t played. Namjoon and Jin were towards the bottom of the list and Jimin was ahead of them by a consistent amount. Taehyung and Yoongi had actually been pretty close in their numbers but the elder had still won by 548 more likes/retweets. Taehyung upon watching Jimin write the number on the board with a red marker groaned. “No way! There’s no way I lost to Yoongi hyung!” Jungkook and Jimin were snickering and pointing at the number. “The numbers don’t lie.” Jungkook chirped out while patting Taehyung on the back in mock concern. “I demand a recount!” Which, the two let Taehyung count their numbers again but he only came to the same conclusion that Jimin had. Pouting, Taehyung slunk away to go find Yoongi. “Hyung, you won. What do you want to eat. Perhaps Mc-“

 

“Donalds? Hell no.” Yoongi grumbled, and then looked up at Taehyung who was completely dejected. “What do you mean I won, won what?” The elder had been consumed in his lyric writing and even if he hadn’t he probably wouldn’t have known what the younger was even talking about. “The selca war, hyung!” He waved his hands exasperated at the other not knowing and walked away grumbling how it wasn’t fair for Yoongi to win when he wasn’t even playing. Meanwhile, Jungkook and Jimin were watching from afar, hands covering each other’s mouths as they tried not to laugh too loudly. Yoongi glanced over in their direction catching a few stray snickers. “You two. Spill. Now.” He eyed them harshly so that they wouldn’t weasel their way out of it. “I can’t believe you talked me into this,” Jimin muttered under his breath to the younger, not sure about his very probably imminent death standing in front of him. Bouncing over Jungkook gladly told their hyung of the plan they had concocted. Honestly, he had expected to be flicked in the forehead and hard. Instead a small grin was given to both boys. “That was wrong…but god I’m so tired of McDonald’s. What do you guys want?” The question threw both Jimin and Jungkook off guard but it was soon followed by more laughter, high fives and a new plan of dinner that all two conspirators and the pawn wanted.