#80/87 - Namjoon x You

Send me a pairing/bias and a number and I’ll write you a drabble

“How can you think I'm anything but hopelessly in love with you. "

"You were never just a friend."

Word Count: 642

 

A slack expression was exposed to the one person you would never want to see something so…well, dumb looking on your face. It wasn’t as if he hadn’t seen your dumb expressions before, but this was different. Has one ever been in an earthquake because the suddenness of the onset along with the jarring motion was occurring to you right now, only internally. “What?” The words stuttered out of your mouth were to be the cause of your own cringing later. Yes, later, when you were done being stunned into oblivion. Taking a step backwards you stumbled and grasped onto the nearest solid object, a chair. Water in the pot could be heard as it started to boil. However, lunch was the last thing on your mind right now. Slipping into the chair you stared up at the already taller than you, silver haired best friend of yours.

“Really, Alex, how can you think I’m anything but hopelessly in love with you?” If it hadn’t been for the slight exasperation in his raspy voice and tinge of pink dusting his cheeks and tips of his ears, you wouldn’t have believed anything of this was real. Raising your arm out like a crossing guard at the end of school, you said, “Wait, wait, wait…Namjoon-ah there’s a girl in a new skirt at your door every week.” Raising a brow at him, how in the world could you realize anything when as of the last month he had a myriad of girls traipsing about. His blush deepened; nervously his hand rubbed the back of his neck, eyes looking past you now. Stumbling over his own words he tried to explain. “They weren’t anything or in skirts some had jeans…aish, I just wanted to see if you’d get jealous. Why weren’t you jealous?!” Namjoon’s frustration shined through the last of his words.

Running your hand through your hair, you shook your head, still having a hard time coming to terms with your best friend being in love with you. The water spilled over the pot, causing a loud hiss to interrupt the both of you. Pushing off the chair you went over to the pot to turn the burner off. His hand grabbed your arm midway, turning your gaze in his direction his eyes told you his story. There wasn’t any hint of a joke or lie there. Namjoon didn’t lie to you anyway, he was horrible at it. The gaze he was giving you cried out for you to see his love and even more so, for you to reciprocate it. The heat in the kitchen was making your skin itch. Needing a break from his intensity, you looked at the burner again. His hand released you and you turned the knob, saving the stove from more damage.

“Namjoon-ah, you were never just a friend.” The words softly left your lips. It felt like a huge weight was lifted and you could breathe easier. Not being able to meet his gaze you whispered, “Your happiness is my happiness even with those annoying girls.” Your cheeks became flushed, foot tapping the floor as you were quite embarrassed now. His deep chuckle filled the room. “So, you were jealous. I knew you had to be.” Without even raising your head you knew there was a smirk on his lips. Ugh, he was so annoying.

Punching him in the arm you brushed past him. “Make your own lunch, jerk.” You didn’t get but a few steps out of the kitchen before his strong arms wrapped around your waist lifting you up and swinging you around. Yelping at the surprise, he set you on your feet and nuzzled your neck. “This means your mine now. So, no trying to escape,” His smile could be felt against your neck. Entwining your fingers with his, you nodded. As if you’d try to anyway.

--------------------

A/N: Updating from my phone is really horrible >< but I wanted to post these so, hopefully the formatting didn't end up too horrible.