#8 - Yoongi x You

Send me a pairing/bias and a number and I’ll write you a drabble

#8 - “I’d die for you. Of course, I’d haunt you in the afterlife but really, it’s the thought that counts.”

Yoongi x You (Haneul)

Word Count: 366

 

   

Panting heavily, puffs of what looked like mini clouds appeared and disappeared in front of your mouths. It was tiring all that running. You had been chasing your childhood friend for pulling a prank on you. Spread out on the grassy front yard, you ran your fingers through your very noticeable bright green locks. Letting it fall from your grasp you sighed and punched the jerk lying next to you in the arm. “Oww, Haneul-ah!” He moaned and groaned, over exaggerating the pain from your rather weak punch. You rolled your eyes at his antics, not giving into them. “Why did you chase me for so long? Ugh, I’m so exhausted. My legs hurt now.” Letting out a scoff, your hand patted his surprisingly flat stomach, “You could use the exercise, Yoongi-yah.” Giggling at his grunting in dissatisfaction of your comment, made you smirk. He deserved that after mixing green dye into your hair dye.

A comfortable silence built between the two of you as you each caught your breath. “I’d die for you.” Yoongi’s serious tone caught you off guard. Turning your head in his direction, your eyes searched his expression. Even though you could tell feel the sincerity dripping off of him. Now, was one of those times. Reaching for his hand your fingers found his and wrapped around his. Smiling to yourself, he had some sweet moments. Yoongi wasn’t expecting a response, just stating a fact, you knew this. After all, the two of you had been friend for over 16 years now. “Of course, I’d haunt you in the afterlife but really, it’s the thought that counts.”

Immediately, your hand retracted but his grip tightened on yours not letting you go. “Yah, Min Yoongi what th-” He squeezed your hand, “Aigoo Haneul-ah… It’s the thought that counts. You taught me that.” Sighing in exasperation your hand relaxed in his once more, fingers entwining. He heard you grumble about telling him such words and poked your cheek. Yoongi knew you hated when people poke your cheeks. He really was pushing his luck today. “Just you wait Yoongi-yah, you’re gonna wake up with hot pink hair one day and it’ll be me haunting you.”