#71/76 - Yoongi x You

Send me a pairing/bias and a number and I’ll write you a drabble

#71 “Kiss me quick.”

#76 - “I need you to pretend we’re dating.”

 

Word Count: 770

Pulling his black beanie down over his ears and almost over his eyes, Yoongi’s gaze shifted from left to right warily. Shoving his hands into his jean pockets, the man walked briskly through the crowd. The coast was clear or so he hoped. “I’m gonna kill Seokjin hyung for setting this up.” The streets of Hongdae were busy this time of night, so it made escaping that disaster waiting to happen that much easier. He prayed that his ex from over five years ago hadn’t spotted him as he had spotted her waiting in the cafe. It was supposed to be a blind date. One that he only agreed to on the grounds that Seokjin would shut up about this dongsaeng he knew that was perfect for him. Honestly, he was content alone. Life was easier, quieter, better. There were some things he missed from time to time but really intimacy wasn’t that hard to find these days for a night. Yoongi knew how to take care of his needs. He was good. 

“Yoongi-yah!” 

. Speeding up, he kept his eyes glued to the ground and pulled the beanie down even more. The voice was still following him. Looking around at his options, they were slim. If he kept going straight he’d hit a dead end and the opposite direction was not an option. Facing Ah Rin was absolutely not an option. A bookstore, acupuncture, some other smoky and very questionable bar were up ahead. Was there nothing else he could escape to? Scanning quickly, an idea, albeit a crazy one formed in his head. Glancing back he saw Ah Rin getting closer. That sealed his fate. Fixing his beanie, he raised an arm waving at a random girl who was reading a book by the rack at the entrance of the bookstore. “Minji!” He called as if he actually had any idea what her name was. He called again, picking up his pace to a jog. Stopping right in front of her he didn’t waste any time. “Kiss me quick.”

The utter shock written on your face as you raised your gaze from your book to this stranger, showed for the world to see. Yoongi realized how forward and brash his words were just now. his lips he added with a nervous glance back, “I need you to pretend we’re dating.” Such desperation filled eyes, on a rather not too bad looking face, had you not saying no but not saying yes. Your book already slightly limp in your hands, you stared back at the strange man in front of you. Yoongi didn’t wait but half a second, hesitation was as good as a yes for him. Cupping your cheeks in both of his large hands he pulled you in for a kiss. A stranger's lips were on yours and for some odd reason you didn’t have any urge to stop him. Perhaps it was shock… or perhaps you just might like it.

     With everything moving so fast, Yoongi’s mind couldn’t keep up. She smells so good, like Christmas cookies. Of all things to be thinking about, he broke away from your lips bringing himself back to the present situation. “Does that show how much I missed you, Minji-yah?” He watched as you blinked still too surprised for words. Tilting his head in towards yours he poked your cheek, “Aigoo, isn’t our Minji-yah so cute when she’s surprised.” Daring to glance behind him seemed too fake so he took this farce one step further. Stepping next to his Minji, Yoongi wrapped an arm around her shoulder and pulled her close. “Shall we?” A petite fist hit his chest, “Oppa! So embarrassing...ah..” The blush on your cheeks was very real as well as your embarrassment that everyone on the street paused to see such a sight. You were the cause but you still played along. A pretty young girl, probably about your age with long straight black hair past her shoulders lost her smile and turned away. It looked as if his mission was accomplished, a twinge of guilt rolled around in your stomach. The stranger however let out a big sigh of relief and dropped his arm from your shoulder. 

Thoroughly embarrassed now, Yoongi seemed like a different person as he stumbled over his words offering his thanks and compensation of coffee on him to his Minji. He may have avoided one blind date but he had somehow gained another. Grumbling under his breath as he lead you who had said yes before being able to stop back on the streets of Hongdae. “I’m going to kill Seokjin.”