#32/98 - Jungkook x You

Send me a pairing/bias and a number and I’ll write you a drabble

#32/98 - I think I’m in love with you and I’m terrified./I can’t watch you with someone else. It’s tearing me apart.

Jungkook x You

Word Count: 643

 

“I-I said that I think I’m in love with you, and I’m terrified. You know better than anyone that I don’t express my feelings well, so please just hear me out. You’re my best friend, and I know I shouldn’t be thinking this about my best friend, but I can’t help it. I’m scared and confused, and I don’t know what I’m doing. All I know is that when I see you talking to her I feel . . . jealous?” you began, tears welling in your eyes. He knew you were referring to Sooyoung, a girl in his Music Theory class that was getting awfully familiar with him. The thing was, Jungkook wasn’t doing anything to stop it.

 

Taking a deep breath and trying to regain your composure, you continue. “She’s always texting you and calling you. Whenever you see her or talk about her, your face lights up as though it’s Christmas or something. I can’t watch you with someone else. It’s tearing me apart. Maybe this is selfish, but I want you all to myself. I want you to be mine. I don’t want anyone else to have you.” You whispered the last couple words, unable to stop the tears from falling. Your heart ached, and you wished for nothing more than to stop it. The pain was becoming too much, and you had kept quiet for far too long about this.

 

Jungkook scooted closer and wrapped his arms around you, hands rubbing comforting circles on your lower back until you were finally out of tears. He didn’t say much while you cried except for the occasional “It’s okay” or “I’ve got you”. After a few more moments, you pulled back, rubbing the tears from your eyes and chuckling softly. “I’m sorry. I’m a mess, look at me. I-I didn’t mean to come at you like that. I just wanted you to know how I feel.”

 

Jungkook smiled softly and tucked your hair behind your ear. “Sooyoung is just my friend. And she has the same major as me, so of course I get excited when I talk about her or to her. She’s someone I can relate to as far as school goes. But you’re special to me. And please don’t be afraid about being in l-love with me,” he said, stuttering over the word. His cheeks grew a bit warm as he thought about what he was going to say next. “I love you too, okay?”

 

You stared wide-eyed at Jungkook. Never had you believed he would actually reciprocate your feelings. “You do?” you asked, shocked.

 

“Of course. I just never had the nerve to tell you. I’m sorry though, I never meant to make you cry,” he apologized, looking guilty. Jungkook cupped your cheek and pressed his lips to yours. The kiss sent warmth throughout your whole body, and you smiled against his lips.

 

Jungkook moved to wrap his arms around your waist, pulling you flush against his body. “Don’t ever be afraid to tell me what you’re feeling,” he spoke, kissing the tip of your nose. “I’d hate for you to feel that way again.”

 

The heavy weight on your shoulders seemed to lessen, and you wrapped your arms around his neck. You knew you still looked like a mess from crying, but Jungkook showed no reaction to that. He simply leaned in to kiss you again. “I’ll be more open from now on. Well, I’ll try, anyway.”

 

Jungkook nodded and took your hand. “Good enough for me. Can we, uh, finish our movie now,” he picked up the remote hesitating before pressing the play button, “the best part is about to happen.” His eyes shone with excitement for the Iron Man movie the two of you had seen over 12 times now.

You smiled wide and squeezed his hand before his fingers entwined with yours. “I’d love to.”