Chapter 8

What Luck!

(Before you start reading this chapter, this is Jinhyung...and how i imagined him to look)

Jinhyung and I got a little bit of work done in the last two hours of our shift, who knew designing would be so stressful?

Jin left the office before I did, so I had had no idea where he was. I guess I’ll just leave. My shift at the restaurant was gonna start soon anyway.

 

As I was walking down the stairs to the lobby, I saw Jhope and Suga in front of the lobby sitting on blue sofas. Oh no, that means I have to pass them before I exit the building.

I took a deep breath in, and began walking. I somehow wasn’t as nervous as I was the first time I saw Jhope.

I can’t just walk past them, right? That’ll be rude. I guess I’ll just greet them and leave. Yeah, that’s fine. Just greet and leave.

 As I got closer to them Jhope lifted his head and saw me walk by.

 

“Heeyyy! Youre that girl from yesterday!” Jhope shouted and waved with a grin.

“Anneyonghaseyo!” I bowed and said with a smile.

I can’t believe he remembered yesterday. I feel like dying right now.

“Suga hyung, this is (y/n),right?” he said as he tried to introduce me.

I can’t believe he remembered my name!! I feel like screaming. I’m so happy right now.

“hiiya Suga Oppa!” I said with a huge smile. I was so happy.

I went up to Suga and shook his hand.

“Hi nice to meet you, are you a foreigner?” he asked bravely.

“yeah Im from South Africa, I’m Indian” I answered shyly.

“WAHH! South Apurika.” Jhope said with the most adorable accent.

I chuckled and said “ah Hobie Oppa, South Africa is okay, but! there are many ARMY in my home country.”

“ohwmahgawd wow man!” Jhope said with a happy and surprised expression.

“yeah! you guys should visit!” I said excitedly.

What the heck is wrong with me? I can’t tell them what to do and where to go. I really got to stop being so careless.

Suga and Jhope grinned at each other in response. I hope that’s a good sign..

“Ah Oppa’s I gotta get going now, I have to go work at my other job at Sangmun Palace” I said in disappointment.

I mean..I really wanted to stay and talk to them.

“Ah okay okay, see you tomorrow!” Jhope said with a smile.

“anneyonggg!” Suga said as he waved.

 

Had Jhope just said ‘see you tomorrow”?????

Oh my damn!!! Could that mean he wants to see me again? Oh my godddd.

 

Wow, so I’ve met 5 of them…why weren’t Rap Mon and V ever around?

I’m starting to feel more confident now that I’ve met and spoken to most of them.

I hope I get to see them tomorrow…If I don’t bump into them, I’ll just ask Jinhyung to take me to them.

No….whats wrong with me? I can’t just use Jin like that…I’ll just be patient.

 

 

When I got to the restaurant, it was once again…empty.

Why was unni not getting business recently?

 

I went up to her and asked her “Unni, why’s the restaurant so empty recently?”

“ah, I don’t know. I think maybe the new restaurant across us is taking all our customer, many competition” she said in her cute, broken English.

“ That makes sense actually…don’t worry Unni, I’ll get us some customers” I smiled and  re assured her.

 

How was I supposed to get her customers now? I really have to sort myself out, there’s something wrong with me.

Before I knew it my shift was over again. Even though it was quiet at the restaurant, Time flew.

I took a taxi back home. Again, I wasn’t in the mood to use my energy. I need to have enough vigor for my new job.

 

When I got back home, the doors were open and the lights were on. Yay, Tae’s back. No more lonely nights!

As soon as I got in, I ran towards Tae and hugged her tightly, but not so tight, as I didn’t want to injure her anymore than she was.

 

“oh my god Tae, you have no idea how much I missed you!” I said with a smile in my eyes.

I was so glad to have her back. I can’t go two days without my best friend.

“ I-I  kinda miss the hospital…” she said with a shrug.

“what?!” I said with a sarcastic shock and threw a cushion at her.

I knew she was joking, she loved me too much.

Wait…what if she isn’t joking?

 

“Can I make you something to eat Tae?” I asked politely.

“no,no I’m not hungry..Jae bought me some Ramyun earlier” She said calmly…”dude, don’t you have stories to tell me!?” she  asked.

 

“ohhhh…oh yeah..” I began blushing.

“well…go on..im waiting…” she said eagerly.

 

For the next few minutes we just spoke about my encounters with the five bts members I met. I also told her about her Jinhyung.

 

“So this Jinhyung guy…he seems kinda interesting?” she said as if she waiting for me tell her something.

“yeah..you said it yourself..he is kindaaa interesting” I said trying to avoid speaking about him.

Why was I trying to avoid speaking about him? He didn’t do anything to me.

“TAERII! Whats wrong with you?? I told you a whole bunch about my encounter with some of BTS and all you got from that was Jin?”

“He…he seems kinda cool.” She said.

“okay firstly..you haven’t met him, and secondly…kinddddaaaaaaaaa” I said in annoyed tone.

“why so defensive (y/n)??” she asked curiously.

Why am I being like this? What’s going on with me?

 

“Im not, how am I?” I asked with some kind of attitude.

Whoa attitude? I never give people attitude…yup I’m going to see a doctor tomorrow.

Tae just gave me a look, like the answer was so obvious in the tone of my voice.

“Maybe you need some rest (y/n) you had a long day didn’t you?” she asked with concern in her eyes.

“Maybe I do, I’m sorry Tae, I didn’t mean to act like this..”  I apologized sincerely.

“Noo, its okay…I understand” she smiled at me.

That’s another thing I loved about Taerin…she always understood.