Chapter 20

What Luck!

 

I got back to my apartment around 8:45pm. The restaurant was ever so quiet these days, so working hours had changed.
I was really drained. I felt mentally and physically tired. I guess it would've been okay if I had just one job, but working at Big Hit and at the restaurant was getting a bit too stressful.

The restaurant hadn't been busy for the past 3 weeks. We'd at least get a maximum of 20 customers in a day. So it wouldn't even matter if I didn't attend my shift.The place is always half empty, the other waitresses should manage on their own. Right?

Maybe I should just explain to the Unni how I feel and she'll let me go. I mean I really want to stay and help out, but I don't have time for myself anymore. I hardly even have time to work on my project, and I really need to put a lot of effort into that.

Thinking too much about my working situation was bringing back that headache I had about a week ago. Ugh this isn't good.
I went to the kitchen to get a glass of water and a pain killer. The moment I opened up the cupboard containing the medication I heard my doorbell ring.
Ugh, who could this be? If Tae and Jae are dropping by, this really isn't the time. For once I just wanted to be alone.

I put my pills down and headed for the front door to check who it was.
I opened the door and it was Jinhyung.
"Jin.. What are you-"
Jinhyung cupped my face abruptly and pushed me further into the living room with his lips pressed firmly against mine.
My brain barely had time to process what was happening,the next thing I knew I fell back against the sofa and Jinhyung was on top of me.
I was so shocked and confused that I didn't even know if I kissed back or not.
With all I could, I pushed him off of me.
"what the Jin?!" I said shocked and annoyed.
He stood up immediately.
"I'm sorry, I don't know..im just.. I'm sorry okay?" he said sounding just as confused as I was.
"I don't understand...why did you do that?" I asked still annoyed.
He sat down on the single sofa nearest to the front door.
"I guess I just... Sorry it was a mistake. I really don't know why I did that." he said.
"it won't happen again" he said again.
"I'm still confused. You were you being so cold towards me for the past week...
And now suddenly you show up at my apartment and kiss me for no reason??" I said trying to process my thoughts.
"Oh my god Jin. There is something wrong with you." I said again.
"look I'm sorry okay? I just needed time away from you. I thought I liked you. When I first kissed you at my place..I couldn't stop thinking about it. It just felt so different. And I know I kinda have a girlfriend,but with you.. It was just.. I never felt so many emotions while kissing someone and I never expected you to find out about the situation with my girl friend that way. I know it made me sound like an , and time away from you only made me realize how big of an I was." he explained.
"I forgive you okay? But I don't think I like you that way..and I think you should dump that so called girl friend of yours because she's a ..you don't deserve that." I said coldly.
"I know you don't like me that way... Besides,you and Hoseok have something going on." he said somehow understanding.
"so you're okay with me not liking you back? And wh-what the hell are you talking about..?"
"hahaha like you don't know.." he said sarcastically.
"yeah. No I seriously don't know what you're talking about." I said.
"well even if you can't see it. It's clear that he seems interested." he said.
"Really?!" I said excitedly.
"I mean dude it's Jhope we're talking about here. Why would someone like him.. Like something like me?" I said again, my face heating up this time.
"haha... There is nothing wrong with you." he said.
"oh you don't know half of me." I said trying to prove my point.
"okay well. You'll see." he said.
"Jin. I'm sorry that I don't like you... back,but just please don't let that stop us from being friends?" I said shyly.
God I felt so bad.
"no.. It's okay. It's my fault anyway. It's a good thing I came here tonight and kissed you.. Cause this time I felt nothing." he said laughing.
"wow. I don't know whether to feel relieved or offended." I said jokingly.
"you should feel offended." Jin said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry for the short chapter guys. I promise to make the next one a bit longer.  :p