Chapter 11

What Luck!

I really wanted to go to bts's concert today, so I asked the unni at the restaurant if I could skip my waitressing shift. She agreed as long as I made up for it.
It's been 3 days and still no news from Jinhyung. Where the hell could he be?
Should I go see him? What if he's not at home?
Argh, I'll just take a walk after work.
I'm not worried about him or anything..it's just..okay maybe I'm a bit worried, but that's only because he is my partner and I get lost at work easily when he isn't around.
-4pm later that Saturday-
I rang the doorbell of Jins apartment, and he opened the 3rd time it rang. 
When he saw that it was me,he had a shocked facial expression as if to say "what the hell was I doing here?" 
"Where were you?!" I asked in an upset tone.
"Here.." Was all he said.
"Why? I had to do finalizing of the posters on my own...I had to go to bts on my own, why did you not call and let me know you weren't gonna be at work? I was worried!" I explained. At this point I felt mad.
"I booked off for the rest of the week okay?" He said as he strained his voice.
"Why would you do that and not tell me?" I asked.
"Okay firstly I don't even have your number..so I have no idea how to contact you. And secondly...my older brother past away! Okay!? I didnt feel like being at work, or doing anything!" He said as I saw tears fill his eyes.
Oh no..what did I just do? I just yelled at him and got mad at him for no reason.
I could see so much pain in his eyes. Why do I always mess things up?
"Jin I... I'm so sorry, I didn't know..I'm really.." I couldn't finish my sentence because I felt so bad.
He didnt respond, he was sitting on the living room couch trying to hide away his tears. I went towards him and sat next to him on the couch. He was alone and he really needed someone to comfort him. Since I was there. I thought I'd be the one to do it.
He really tried not to cry in front if me ..his eyes were all red and puffy. 
I reached out my arm and cupped my hand at his cheek.
Oh my god, even the skin on his face was so damn soft. What was up with this boy?
I brushed my thumb against his cheek and told him that he'll be okay with the warmest smile I could give.
But that of course...only made him cry more. This time I just pulled him in and gave him a long comforting hug. 
He held me so tightly, I could feel how much he needed someone to be with him right now. 
Wow, why did he have to smell so nice?
I could literally feel myself moving my nose closer to his neck to breathe in his scent more.
I think he was surprised by my reaction so he pulled away from the hug. Okay maybe that was inappropriate to do in his current situation.
I apologized softly...
He sat back against the couch and just stared at the blank tv screen in front of us. I took his hand and gave it a comforting squeeze. In return he just held my hand loosely. And when I tried to pull away, he held it a bit tighter.
Man, I felt really bad for him.
I wanted to stay with him, but I had to go. The concert was going to start soon.
"Jin, I gotta go... I'm really sorry, but I promised bts that I'd be at their concert.." I said in a saddened tone.
It's okay, don't worry, go enjoy it.." He said while trying to let out a tiny smile.
"Wait, why don't you come with me?" I asked.
"Ah..it's okay..I'm not really in the mood...please just go enjoy it.." He told me.
" ahh okay...take care of yourself? And go get some rest?" I suggested.
"Okay, I'll try.." He said.
I smiled at him and left the apartment.