Chapter 7

What Luck!

“So uh, Jinhyung…can I call you Jin?” I said to make the situation I got myself into less awkward.

“yeah, why not?” He said.

It was evident that Jinhyung spoke fluent English. So communicating with him was rather easy and with that, Mr Han made us design partners. So I guess we were working on this poster together.

 

As we both sat in front of the computer, designing the poster, Jinhyung taught me a couple of designing techniques that I could use for upcoming projects. It was clear that he was far more experienced than I am. Something about the way he did things on the computer was so interesting and I found it weirdly attractive.

It’s not like me to find regular guys attractive. It was only ever kpop idols.

 

We worked for about 2-3 hours until he said

“hey, wanna grab something to eat? Im hungry and I’m craving a cigarette.”

“uuh, of course! I was getting kinda hungry myself.” I said with a chuckle.

 

As we went downstairs, Jin and I could hear music coming from what I think might be Bts’s practice room. I literally froze and felt chills travel down my spine.

Typical me, I couldn’t make that reaction any less obvious so Jinhyung noticed and all his attention was now on me.

 

He laughed and said “hmmph, you’re a fan girl, I knew it.”

“whaaaat? No, I was just wondering where that music was coming from..” I said while scratching my neck.

“Sure.” He said sarcastically…”want to go watch them?” he asked.

I couldn’t tell if he was being serious or not. His facial expressions are extremely difficult to read.

“Really, we can do that?!” I asked excitedly.

Why can’t I hide my emotions?

“See, you’re a fangirl…” he said as he shrugged his shoulders.

“okayyy, so what? Does that bother you? Are there really no other employees that enjoy listening to bts? I am the only one?” I snapped at him.

Oh , why did I do that? That wasn’t nice…what if I get fired on my first day?

 

“No, I never said anything like that…we all love Bts here. I’m not a fan boy or anything but I do get on well with them.” He said.

“Wait…so you’re friends with them?” I asked

“Well I’ve been designing their album covers and posters for a while now, its quite necessary for the designer to ask for their opinion you know? Their opinion is most valuable. So every time I went to query with them. We just sort of, got to know each other…”  he said, as if that was the most normal thing in the world.

 

“o-ohh…wow. Uhm okay, so does that mean, I have to query with them too?” I asked trying to hide my excitement.

“It means we both have to, together” he said with a wink.

What was that? Why did he just wink at me? Even thought that was the hottest thing I’ve seen all day…why did he do that???

Oh my god, I can’t breathe. I could just feel myself turn red.

 

As we ate lunch, we didn’t say much to each other…why were things suddenly awkward?

I began daydreaming once again…I was so deep in thought that I didn’t even realize that Jinhyung was unexpectedly having a conversation with Seokjin oppa and Jungkook??????

That caught my attention, and when I finally snapped out of it, I dropped my fork on the floor causing all the 3 of the boys’ attention to focus on me. Well done. You’ve embarrassed yourself again.

 

“ah-ah..I’m so sorry” I said as I bent down to pick up the fork. Seokjin did the same but reached it before I did and handed it back to me with the kindest smile I’ve seen.

“thank you so much” I smiled back at him and blushed so hard.

“Jungkook, Jin..that’s (y/n)…she’s my new design partner.” Jinhyung said looking in my direction.

“Anneyonghaseyo!” I said to them both while bowing.

“anneyong!” they both said with smiles while bowing in return.

I went up to them and shook their hands. “It’s a pleasure to meet you both” I said with the hugest grin ever.

God I probably made it so obvious that I was a fan… At least I didn’t faint this time.

 

 Jinhyung, Jin and Jungkook were having a conversation in Korean. So obviously I didn’t understand what they were saying. And obviously I couldn’t join in conversation. So I sat there feeling a little awkward. From time to time I picked up on some of the basic Korean words they were using. I smiled every time that happened…seriously these boys probably think I’m such a creep.

 

A few minutes after they spoke, Jin and Jungkook said bye to both Jinhyung and I and whilst doing that Jungkook gave me this smile that I cannot even describe, but it was just so handsome and I couldn’t help but imagine myself rolling of my chair and onto the floor.

 

Why do I have to be surrounded by such good looking guys at work?

Why am I even complaining about that?