Chapter 23

What Luck!

Waking up for work in the mornings hasn't been the easiest thing recently. I get enough sleep, so that to me doesn't make much sense. I guess it's just my body being physically tired.
Megan still stayed at my apartment. I didn't mind. I actually felt bad for her. She didn't get fired from her job, she kinda quit because it was too pressurizing and so she didn't have enough money to fly back to our home country. That would technically make her my temporary roommate and I could totally use the company.

Taerinseok on the other hand called me last night and said that she had been really busy and that she will visit me as soon as she is available.

Just as I was about to leave the apartment for work, my phone buzzed in my jeans pocket.
I checked my phone and it was a text from Jhope.
Whaat! Last he texted me was over the weekend, its now Tuesday and wah OMG that's really soon!
I felt kinda nervous before I opened up the text, but I did anyway.
Jhope: "hey, I didn't see you yesterday, I was hoping you could meet up with me during your break today, maybe the same place you had your lunch the last time?"
Me: "hey Hoseok,of course, that's no problem I'll meet you there."
He replied immediately.
Jhope: "okay cool, but uhm what time do you take your break again?"
Me: "around 12, Is that okay?"
Jhope: "that's fine."
Me: "okay..see you later Jhope :)"

And he didn't reply...
I got to work at exactly 8am and headed straight to the office to work on BTS's album design.
Jinhyung was already working when I stepped into the office.
"hey jin!" I said.
"heyyyy..whats up?" he said.
"uhm nothing yet. I just got here haha, but I'm gonna work on the album now." I said with a chuckle.
"oh cool, did they get back to you?" he asked.
"aahhh no actually..." I said.
Hmm maybe that's why jhope wanted to meet up with me.
"oh they will soon. Rapmonster will definitely let you know." he said reassuringly.
"oh okay thanks" I said.

For the next four hours or so, I worked on the album design and switched between a few other tasks that needed to be done.
I hadn't been keeping track of time and so when I did check my watch it was 12:12.
"Oh !" I said loudly.
"what?" Jinhyung said.
"nothing hahaha I gotta go eat now." I said, again hiding the fact I was gonna meet up with jhope.

I ran to the old dance practice room and when I got there Jhope wasn't there.
Oh no, I just ruined things. He probably thinks I didn't care or forgot about meeting with him.
"No no no.." I said to myself.
I stood and waited for another 5mins to see if he would come. But he didn't show up.
Ugh what if he was here at exactly 12 and I didn't show up on time? Ugh typical me. Damn I'm so annoying.
I texted him just to be sure.
Me: "hey jhope.. I'm here outside the practice room. If you were here before I'm sorry I came late. I wasn't keeping track of time and if there's another time you want to meet up that's perfectly fine ."
I wasn't paying attention to anything else besides that text, I was so worried.
Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder. When I turned around it was Jhope grinning that big, beautiful smile of his.
"sorry I'm lateu" Jhope said with a chuckle.
"oh no it's okay! Don't worry! I was actually scared that I was late because I just sent you a text message and OMG please don't read it because it's going to be embarrassing now..." I said whilst rambling.
"hahahaaha" jhope laughed while whipping out his phone.
"what are you doing?" I asked shyly.
"nothing I just got a text." he said.
"oh oh okay" I said with a smile.
Jhope starred at his phone while reading the text and seconds later a smile grew on his face,and few seconds later, that smile turned into a laugh and he looked up from his phone and began laughing at me.
"haha why are you laughing at me jhope?" I asked shyly.
Then I realized..omg he just read my message.
"no, no, no, no.. Jhopeee!" I fussed.
I had no right to do this but I reached out to grab his phone.
"I need to delete that text from your phone Jhope." I said while laughing.
"nope!" he grinned and pulled his arm right above his head so that I couldnt reach.
"awh bu-b-but.." I said still trying to reach for it.
With his free hand he took my hand in his and gently held it down.
Oh my god his hands!! His hands were softer than the softest thing in life. I immediately gave in. I mean he was technically holding my damn hands.
My breath caught in my throat, and I took a step back. He took a step forward when I stepped backward, he spoke in a low tone and said, "it's too late, I've already read it."
He then stepped back and burst out in laughter.
His adorable laugh was way too contagious and so I began laughing too.
"Jhope you're the meanest." I said jokingly.
"nope, I'm the nicest, which is why you will come to my party on Saturday night. It's gonna be here." he said and walked away with the iest ego ever. OMG is this even Jhope?
I could barely breathe. I think he knew Id be too shocked to say anything, which is why he walked away not waiting for an answer.