Chapter 3

What Luck!

I walked into the living room and closed the door behind me quietly as possible. The lights were all turned off so I assumed Tae probably wanted to sleep in early and that she might be in bed already.

I went straight for the kitchen, I was soooo hungry and my stomach really doesn’t know how to control itself. On the nearest counter there was a note left by Taerin saying “gone out with Jae beom, don’t wait up”

Okay…so im alone. I hate being alone.

As I ate the Ramen that Tae left in the warmer for me, I remembered the 2 unread texts I had. Why did I not feel like opening them? Why am I not eager to find out if I get the job or not? Why am I so calm?

Why do I keep wasting time asking myself questions that I can’t answer? Why am I still doing it? “urggghhh!” I groaned loudly

 

I opened the texts and it was from a friend in SA, saying she got a new phone and she’ll be visiting Korea soon for a business project and that she’ll want to meet up. Really? Really? All that worry as to who those texts were from, was now pointless and I just feel stupid.

 

Why did I apply for that job at Big Hit anyway? Why would they even accept me? I’m a foreigner and I speak such little Korean. How was I suppose to communicate effectively with them. With all those thoughts collecting in my brain, my head began to hurt, and right now I just needed sleep. Yes, sleep…god I love sleeping!

I went to the bathroom and took a long, hot shower…Hot showers before bed always managed to soothe my body and mind. Too bad Tae isn’t here,  Honey tea is definitely not happening. I guess the shower would have to do…Damn you Tae, why’d you leave me alone!

I went straight to bed after the shower and man did I have such a good rest. I woke up feeling refreshed. I grabbed my phone off the bed side table and checked the time. It was 12pm and I had 6 missed calls and 1 new email.

Holy , were these from Tae? Did she need me? Oh my god, what if she needed me!

I checked the call log, and it was 6 missed calls from unknown…okay that can’t be Taeri. Wait. What day was it? I immediately checked my phone again and it said “Sunday” god, obviously wtf is wrong with me..yesterday was Saturday after all. I sarcastically laughed at myself. Seriously what was up with me these days?

I opened up my email and uhhoahh my . ! It was sent from Big Hit Entertainment. This can’t be happening it’s not Monday yet…How?

Was my C.V that impressive? I doubt it. Wow I doubt myself waaayyy too much.

 I opened up the email and it read:

 

Dear Miss (y/n)

 

Thank you for sending through your application for an available post as a graphic designer. Our company is very glad that you came along. We’ve been searching for qualified graphic designers, album designers and photographers. Your application has been acknowledged, your various skills, attributes and employment experience is notable.

We are very satisfied and our company sees you as a potential designer working amongst the artist crew.

Thank you very much, we look forward to you working with us.

We hope its possible that you could meet us at the Big Hit building at 1pm later today, that would be a great opportunity to discuss further details with you.

 

Yours sincerely

 

 

Han Suyeol (Artist crew manager)

 

 

 

What? Is this really happening? Is the universe finally being fair towards me?

Why am I still wasting time asking myself questions?

 

I checked the time on my phone again, It was 12:16pm. I cursed loudly.

I ran out my room and headed straight into the bathroom. I was going to be late. I cant ruin this for myself. Stuff like this doesn’t happen to people everyday. Im not gonna mess this up.

 I shouted for Taerin from the shower about 5 times and when I got no answer I just assumed she stayed over at Jae’s.

Why is that girl never home when I need her?

After my quick shower, I changed into one of the outfits I bought yesterday. This one was smart-casual. I didn’t know whether I was supposed to dress formally or not. So I put on a pair of black skinny pants, boots and a long blue military coat. It was winter so I wore a polar neck underneath. I had my hair untied and I wore a scalf. Is this too much? No I look appropriate. I look good, right? What the..no one is going to answer me. Why do I talk to myself so much?

 

I quickly scribbled on a sticky note and stuck it onto the fridge for Tae incase she got back home before I did, and then I sprinted towards the restaurant I worked at.

I seriously needed a coffee before I met up with Beom seok ssi or Han..damnit I can’t remember his name.

When I got my coffee it was already 12:48pm. Its okay im gonna make it. I started to calm down a little when I realized I was gonna be on time.

But seriously, when did I learn how to control my emotions? Its as if I don’t know myself anymore.

 

Finally I arrived at the building, I was 5mins early, so that was good. I hope I didn’t look too stressed out. I looked like when I was stressed out.

 

“Ah Mr Beom seok ssi, right?” I immediately said when I recognized the man that walked towards me.

“yes,yes hello Miss (y/n), thank you for being here on time” he said with a smile.

“annyeong-hasimnikka, it was no problem I was really glad when I was informed to meet up with you” I said politely

I began with a formal Korean greeting just to make a good impression.

 

“Please come inside” he said in a welcoming tone.

“thank you sir”, I said.

 

Beom spoke to me in Korean and he had a translator aside of him interpreting what he said to me in English, of course.

Basically he asked me a few questions about my current job and my future job here. That took about 15mins. I was really nervous, I honestly don’t know how I held myself together.

 

After our conversation, he wanted to show me around the building, also the environment and people I would be working with/amongst.

Woah, could this mean I’d be seeing BTS? I’d be meeting them? Like physically? Like in person? Oh my god, I couldn’t feel my legs anymore…I could barely breath. Get a hold of yourself man..Come on, Ive kept it together for this long, I cant be losing it now. Please not now.

 

After he showed me the office I’d be working in, and some of the people I’d be working with..he said “this is it Miss (y/n)”

I hope that you will feel comfortable working at our company.”

“Thank you sir, I already feel at home” I said.

Really now, I already feel at home? Is that even an appropriate thing to say? What if he thinks I wanna live here? I wish I didn’t say that. I really hope he didn’t understand me.

 

Hold up. Am I not meeting bts? Am I not gonna work with them or see them?

Nooo, why..I really..

Wait…This isn’t the reason I applied for this job. Not just because I wanted to see Bangtan right? I can’t think like that…I should just appreciate the fact that I actually got a job here.

 

I walked towards the entrance again because I was now on my way, when suddenly I heard the most familiar and dorky laugh come from the corner of the lobby along with a husky giggle and something in Korean. I froze. I couldn’t feel my face. I didn’t want to walk any further because I knew it was them. It was one or two of them at least. I just couldn’t do it. I couldn’t move myself.

Okay, so what? Am I just going to stand here and wait for them to go away? Or am I gonna wait until I magically disappear?

Ah there’s the idiotic me I know! Im back! Yay. Welcome back idiot. Thanks for coming back now. This is the perfect time for me to be acting immaturely.

 

The sounds coming out of them were getting louder and closer. If im not mistaken I think the two boys were Jhope and Jimin.

Oh they’re coming closer…what do I do? I cant walk back to where I came from. I don’t even know where I came from. I cursed under my breathe.

Within seconds the two boys were standing about a meter away from me, Yup I was I right it was Jhope and Jimin…

It was Jhope. And Jimin. The minute I laid my eyes on them I felt my soul leave my body…Oh crap, I can’t hear anything, why is everything going black? The second my vision became unclear I just knew what was going to happen.