Chapter 1

What Luck!

 

I was growing Tired of waitressing and doing make up on faces of people with awful skin or oily skin. Bleh.

The other day I took a really big chance and walked over to Big Hit. A young man was puffing a cigarette outside the doors of the entrance, I assumed he worked there..he was pretty well dressed and why would a company like Big Hit allow any random person here anyway? While that thought flowed through my mind the next one that came to me was "well what the am I doing here?" Just as I was about to turn around and make a run for it, (because knowing me I'd make a fool of myself) A Man came to the front door and asked me if i needed any help or if im lost? I guess he could see I was foreign..I was asian but the wrong type of asian..I was Indian...from South Africa.

The man spoke broken english, but i could understand, I picked up on a bit of korean in the year i spent here...and I knew a little before i relocated. "I-I uh, Anneyong Im (Y/N) and  Im a qualified graphic designer from south Africa..would it be possible if i could get a job here...are there any positions avaible?" I said with confidence that really just came out from no where.

I handed the man my Curriculum Vitae and he accepted it, which for me was a shock..I had a bit of hope. I started getting nervous when he just stared at me for a few seconds. My hope was now fading away. F my life. 

"please wait here for 2 minute" the man said as he walked back inside. I waited as he said and in that time that felt like 2 hours instead of 2 minutes i watched the young dude smoking trample his cigarette and take out new one. 

The man came back outside and said "We will contact you by next week monday if we have avaible job"

"ahh Thank you so much Sir! I really apreciate this, can I have your name?" I said with excitement,hope and every possible happy feeling.

"Beom Seok ssi" he said. 

"ah thank you anneyong" I yelled as i headed back to restaurant.