Chapter 13

What Luck!

I got back to the apartment around 11pm that night and it was quite surprising to see that Jae and Tae were still up watching television in the living room. 

"geezz... You guys are up late.. " I said. 

"yeah I couldn't sleep and you weren't here to accompany me so I just told Jae to stay with me.. " Taerin argued.

"ahh, I'm sorry.. " I blushed. 

"no.  It's okay (y/n) I love being with Tae so it really wasn't a problem. " Jae said. 

"haha okay... "I said awkwardly. 

"Soo how was the concert??!!" Tae asked excitedly. 

"It was amazing, ah what a Weekend" I said happily. 

"Dammit,next time I'm sooo coming with you! " Tae said regretfully.

"I'm sure there will be plenty more upcoming concerts... So you both better be there!!" I said playfully warning them. 

"any plans for tomorrow guys?" Jae Beom asked suddenly.

"oh I have none... I gotta rest this hand." Tae said in dissapointment.

"uhhh actually.. I do.  I was thinking I'll go see Jinhyung" I answered shyly.

"ooooooh why?? " Tae asked in a teasing manner. 

"arrgh goodness Tae.. It's nothing like that.. His brother past away and he is having a hard time.  So since we're friends... Well at least I think we are... I should go see him. It's the least I could do." I said honestly. 

"oh I'm sorry.." she said while giving me a sweet smile. 

"tch.. It's okay man. " I uttered while laughing.

"Jae is spending the night here (y/n) is that okay??" Tae asked. 

"of course dude, Jae beomi is like family. " I said while pulling his left ear.

"uhhh family? Yeah not for me.. " Tae said.

"argh,  you know what I mean..." I said in a giving up tone. 

"you guys I'm going to bed.. I'm really tired." I said while yawning.

"ah okay.. Anneyong..." both Jae and Tae said. 

 

I was too tired to brush my teeth before bed, so I headed straight to bed without even changing into a comfortable pair of clothing.

I immediately fell asleep the second I rested my head on the pillow. 

 

 

The rays of sunshine were trying extremely hard to get into my room through the blinds the next morning.  It was so annoying.  I really wanted to sleep in.  I pulled my phone of the bed side table and checked the time.  It was 11:46am. Whoa.. I had slept for like 12 hours??

Okay maybe I should wake up... I still have to pay Jinhyung a visit.

On my way to the bathroom, I had to pass Taerins bedroom. Her door was open so I peaked in only to see that Jae and her were still asleep in each others arms. 

Ugh...gross...

Should I wake them? Should I let them sleep?

I had no time to decide so I just ran into the bathroom.

After spending a fair amount of time in the bathroom, I got dressed in a ripped, faded denim skinny jeans, a fitting sleeved and collared shirt and white high tops.

I held my hair back in a pony tail since my hair refused to set.

After I got ready, I wrote on a little sticky note informing Jae and Tae that I went out and left the note on the kitchen counter top.

Since I was too lazy to make myself something to eat, I went to the restaurant on my way to Jinhyungs place, to pick up some coffee and a doughnut. 

By the time I reached Jinhyungs apartment I had finished the doughnut but not the coffee. I hadn't even touched the coffee since it was steaming. I decided to give Jin  the coffee since I can't go in there with a coffee I bought myself right?  That would be selfish.. In a way. 

I knocked on the door of his apartment and it was answered by a girl who was so damn pretty. What was a pretty girl doing at his apartment? 

"hii,  can I help you?" she asked with a facial expression that pretty much said what the hell are you doing here.

"uhhh.. I..uhm.. Is Jinh-h-hyung here?" I asked while stuttering.

Before the girl even had time to answer me, Jin rushed to the front door. 

"(y/n) what are you doing here?" he asked.

"uh.  I came to see you.. But it seems as though you're busy.." I said. 

"no, no I'm just.. I'm not busy, she's just-" 

Before he could finish,  I cut him off and said "no it's okay, I'll see you at work tomorrow okay?" I said with a half smile. 

"no don't go,just come inside" he said shyly. 

"are you sure?  Cause really, I could come back later....i need to buy a few things from the store anyway... Maybe I'll comeback afterwards?" I asked hesitantly.

"uhm I guess that's okay, but really you can stay now?" he said,sounding like he actually wanted me to stay but also like he wanted me to leave. 

"ugh... I'll be back later okay?" I said and ran off immediately.

 

 

 

What the hell?  Who was that girl?  Why was she giving me looks like I had done something wrong.

I shook my head and cleared my thoughts. I really didn't feel like over thinking right now. 

I didn't want to go back to his place either.  I think I'll just make up an excuse that I got sick or something? 

I was a few steps away from the restaurant when suddenly my phone buzzed and It was a text message from my friend Megan from South Africa.

Her text said "hey I think I can see you"

I replied instantly and said "what!!  Where are you?  You were supposed to tell me when you arrived in Seoul.??"

"are you wearing white sneakers? And is your hair tied up?" she asked. 

"oh my god yes!! Show yourself! " I replied back.  I was so excited. I had missed her so much. 

"(y/n)!"she screamed 

"oh my word, Megan!!" I yelled back while hugging her tightly. 

"wow.. It's been ages!" she said. 

"ahh I know how are you??" I asked. 

"I'm doing pretty good. Why don't we grab some coffee since we're standing right outside a restaurant." she suggested.

"you know I just bought some coffee.. Maybe I'll get something chilled this time... But okay let's go..." I said while gesturing my hands towards the door of the restaurant.

Megan and I sat down and spoke for what felt like hours but was only 30mins. 

We both had so much to tell eachother... Me about my new job at big hit and her about her new job and how, soon she might move to Japan.

It was really nice catching up. 

"uhm,dude...there is someone staring at you.. From the window??" Megan said with a strange facial expression plastered across her face. 

"hoah! God no! " I said trying to hide my face. 

It was Jinhyung...why was he here?  Why did I suddenly not want to see him? 

"uh... He is kinda heading towards us,who is that?" Megan said between gritted teeth.

I stiffly shook my head to tell Megan not to ask.  Would she understand that?  I don't know.. 

 

"h-hii Jin.. " I said with a fake smile.

"could you give me your damn number" Jin said impolitely.. 

"geez.. okay..." I said while taking his phone and saving my number to his contact list. 

"you see, if you had just done that the other day.. I could have just called you and not come looking for you!" he said in an annoyed tone.

"if it was such a mission, why did you even bother?" I snapped. 

He didn't answer, he just rolled  his eyes, gestured me to move over so he could sit down next to me. 

 

"hi I'm Jinhyung.." he said while holding his hand out to shake Megan's hand. 

"hi I'm Megan..nice to meet you" she said politely returning the handshake.

"uhh,(y/n) I gotta go now, I'll text you later?" Megan said in a reassuring manner. 

I gave Megan a stiff look as if to say please don't leave me with him. 

But I failed since she just winked,smiled and waved to Jin on her way out the restaurant.

 

 

"did she leave because of me?" Jin asked without looking at me. 

"tch.. Probably." I said coldly.

"right." was all Jin said

"ugh.. I'm kidding.. She's a busy woman, she probably has stuff to do. " I said with a sigh. 

"oh." was all he said again. 

After a long silence, I decided to speak. 

"so how are you doing? Are you okay?" I asked in a sincere tone. 

"ah I'm fine..im doing better I guess.." he said while pulling my drink towards him and taking a sip of it. 

I bit my lip trying to avoid laughing cause that was ginger beer soda and I couldn't wait to see his reaction.

"ugh god,what is that stuff?" he asked me with a totally put off expression. 

"serves you right for stealing my drink!" I said with a chuckle. 

"it's ginger beer soda" I said again. 

"why would you even order like that?" he asked confused. 

"it works when my throat gets itchy." I simply said. 

"what are you sick?" he asked.

"no, I just have an itchy throat sometimes." I said.

Again after an awkward silence.

"So why did you come to see me? " Jinhyung asked staring they directly into my eyes. 

Why the hell was he doing that? 

I turned away immediately.

"I wanted to come and check how you were doing okay?  I thought maybe we were friends."

"oh.. Thanks and sorry I indirectly chased you away earlier.." Jinhyung said. 

"it's fine.. I got to hang out with Megan. " I said with a smile. 

"hey do you wanna come back to my place?" he asked. 

"uhh.. I uh.. " I said. 

"well it's Sunday, you cant go home so early. " he said.

" haha youre right.. I guess I don't want to disturb my roommate and her boyfriend either." I joked. 

"hmm I know where we can go..." he said.

"uh.  Where??" I asked. 

"just come and I'll show you." he said as he stood up, gesturing me to wake up from my seat as well.

I followed his lead.

"where are we going??" I asked curiously and impatiently. 

"ugh, we are going to the beach.." he said with a sigh. 

"why there?? I'm not even dressed for the beach.  And it's damn cold." I said annoyed. 

"could you stop complaining..you'll see why! " he said as if he had some surprise awaiting me.