Chapter 18

What Luck!

It felt so amazing to just be standing in Jhopes arms. With the wonderful smell and warmth of his body, I could spend the rest of my life in this position.
It was surprising since he didn't let go of me.
No, I didn't want to let go either.. But how long were we gonna stand there like that? I didn't want to be seen that way with Jhope. Not by the other members or any of the staff.
I could seriously get fired.

Noises of shuffling came from outside the practice room. Something that sounded like footsteps startled both Hoseok and I, so we both abruptly pulled away from each other.

"My lunch break was probably over like 15minutes ago.." I said with a shy chuckle.
"haha, oh yeah? Well, the guys are probably looking for me too, so I guess we should both get back to our, uhm stuff..right?" Jhope said shyly rubbing the back of his neck.
God, can he ever look so hot?

Hoseok and I left the room together, but then went our seperate ways, because the place he had to go to was at the complete opposite end of the building.

On my way back to the designing office, my head was spinning. Spinning because I was once again, thinking too much. Why was I thinking too much? Jhope...thats why.
I couldn't help but recall the images of what just happened in the practice room.
Why did I hug him? I really didn't have to do that. Touching him should be forbidden.
I didn't just touch him... I held him...for a really long time.
Okay I guess it wasn't such a bad thing,since he didn't scream or run away. But still.. I'm not gonna do that again. It's not professional. The only people that should be touching them... Are the stylist Noonas.

When I entered the office, Jinhyung looked annoyed.
And he walked towards me, like he was about to take me to the principles office.

"where the hell were you?!" Jinhyung raised his voice at me for the first time ever.
"oh? Oh.. I'm sorry, I went out for, uh..lunch." I said, hiding the fact that I was with Jung Hoseok for a bit.
"Your lunch break shouldn't be more than 20mins." He said sternly.
"okay, I'm sorry... It won't happen again. Guaranteed. Why are you talking to me like I'm some kid?" I apologized and then asked a bit annoyed.
"Mr Han was looking for you...you have a solo project..you better go find him and apologize for not being here."

Oh . Oh no. I'm so fired.
I ran to his office immediately and when I arrived, he welcomed me into his office with a smile. Uhm...thats a good sign. I think.
" Miss (y/n), I have a project for you... This one doesn't include mr Jinhyung."
"Yes, of course sir. I will work hard. But before we talk more about this. I'm very sorry for not being around when you needed me, I was on a lunch break, and I wasn't keeping track of time." I said in high hopes that he would forgive me.

"It's okay, you're forgiven, as long as that will be the first and last time that happens?" he said.
"yes sir, Never again." I said sincerely.

"okay this project will be your first big,yet solo project. We will be expecting a lot from you. That makes it very challenging. But do not stress. We will never give any of the staff a job that we think they aren't capable of. But you, I think I much more than capable."
"wow, Thank you so much sir. I will not let you down."
"what exactly needs to be done though, Mr Han?" I said excitedly.
"ah I was getting to that." he said.
"oh mianhe" I said embarrassed.
"You need to design the cover for BTS's new album, that will be released for their comeback in two months."

Okay Pause.
Whaaaat the? Oh my...what the does Han think he's doing? Giving me a task like that?? Does he really think I can do that?? Me? What? No way.. No.. No, no, no, no.

"uhm, Miss..." Han said, waving a hand in front of my face.
"ohh. Yes! Of course! I will begin uh, right away!" I said both excitedly and nervously.

Oh my god. Was I really capable of doing this without Jin?
Wow.. I need to talk to Jin, ask him for some advice.
After yesterday...should I even expect him to talk to me?

I got back to the office and Jin was busy doing his own thing at his computer, his back facing away from me. I walked in so silently, I don't think anyone heard me.
So I walked towards him and tapped the back of his shoulder.

He turned around rather calmly. That was strange, I would have freaked out if someone did that to me.

"what do you want?" he asked coldly.
"uh...Uhm...I..was just..." I couldn't complete my sentence. I was gonna ask him for help but he was being so harsh, I just left it.
"if you don't mind.. I'm busy." he said and turned back to his computer.

Wow, did I hurt him that much yesterday?
Okay..
I went back to my desk and worked in silence for the rest of the day.
When it was time to leave, I excused myself silently from the room,and took a walk back to the apartment.


I got home and I saw packed bags in the living room. What??
"Tae??? Is Jae moving In???" I asked confused.
She stuck her head out the kitchen, and said.
"uhhhhhhhhhhh...actualllyyy....." she said suspiciously.
"actually..what?" I asked in a serious tone.
Something was going on....she sounded like she was hiding something.
"Honey...I know it's extremely sudden.. But I'm moving in with JayBeomi...
"you're what?!!" I said shocked.
I swear I was about to have a fit. She can't leave me. No.. I can't stay alone. I hate being alone.

"I'm sorry (y/n) but we really want to do this." she said.
"But Tae...you know I can't be alone...you know what happens." I burst into tears.

I cant stay alone. Okay..I can for a couple of days. But not all the time.
When I first moved to Seoul, and I was all alone. I went into a slight depression,and got a bit home sick. But that was over quickly because I was treated and Tae came into my life.
She can't just leave me.

"Tae!! You can't leave me!!" I yelled while crying.
Tae came towards me and hugged me.
"(y/n) you're not gonna be alone okay? We'll visit you every day. I promise." the sound of sincerity was in her voice and I knew she wouldnt lie to me. However... I didn't know whether I'll be able to stay alone. Or even look for another roommate.
"you will be perfectly fine okay? I mean you were all fine when I was in the hospital...i was so proud of you." she smiled at me.

Tae, wasn't just my friend. When she spoke to me like that...i felt like a child. But in a good way. She was like my sister and second mum. I really appreciated her. She was very important to me and I didnt want her to leave.
I guess she and Jae Beom want some space too.

"okay..but promise me you'll never leave me and you will visit me every single day??" I said like a little girl.

"I promise.. And I'm sorry I broke that news to you so suddenly." she said hugging me tightly.

"it's okay... Well my shift at the restaurant starts in like 5mins. I should really hurry." I said wiping away my almost dried tears.

"okay, be careful on your way there." she said.
"uhm. Tae...are you gonna be here when I get back?" I asked.
"probably not (y/n)...I will visit you tomorrow okay?" she said disheartened.
"okay..uh..see yah." I said with no feelings whatsoever.

 

*At the restaurant*
"Hey halmuhni! I missed ya" I said, quite happy to see my very kind boss, who I thought of as my grandmother.

"Anneyong,its so good to see you!" she said smiling at me.
"sorry I've been away for so long, I've just been really busy." I said in an apologetic tone.
"it's okay, I understand.. It's a part time job anyway...and lately we haven't been very busy." she said.
"well, its still my job and you're still paying me, so I'm gonna complete my shift today and help you out okay?" I said trying to make her feel better.

I went to my usual spot on the second floor of the restaurant, the spot where the BigHit building was clear in my view. It was 9:45pm. 15 more minutes and my shift will be over. Then I can go home. Go home to a lonely apartment. I didn't feel like going home today.
I sat starring out the window, nothing exciting was happening outside until I saw 7boys walking out the building with exhausted body language.

Hmm, they work so hard... I hope they go back to their dorm and sleep now. Knowing how hard Bts works, makes me want to work hard too.

Thinking about that,reminds me that I have to get working on my project. I suddenly felt really determined to start working on it asap.