Chapter 2

What Luck!

After my night shift at the restaurant that same evening, I took a taxi back to my apartment which was only walking distance away. Obviously I was too lazy to even think about walking or doing anything for that matter. My body was so tired and all I craved for right now was that honey tea Taeri made me every time I felt stressed…it really worked.

 

When I got back home, it was around 9:30pm and I could hear Taeri running the water in the bathroom so I assumed she was showering. I headed straight to my bedroom and completely threw myself onto the bed…Within minutes I was asleep. I really didn’t know why I was so tired…Maybe all that worrying  about whether or not I’d get the job at Big Hit was bothering me and my mind chose to focus on sleeping and nothing more.

The sleep I had only felt like a few hours of rest and before I knew it, Taeri was shoving me off my bed so I could get up.

“Wake up sleepy head! We’re going shopping, its Saturday!” She said with such energy and enthusiasm.

One thing I disliked was enthusiastic people in the morning. Don’t get me wrong I love Taerin.

“AAAaargh 5 more minutes” I squealed

“okay I’ll go make breakfast then” Taeri said willingly

Breakfast sounded good, so I awoke immediately, besides I skipped dinner last night. God I was hungry.

 

Whilst brushing my teeth and washing up I remembered that I hadn’t told Taerin that I applied for a job at Big Hit yesterday. She’d kill me if I didn’t tell her..so I better do it soon.

 

*at breakfast in the kitchen*

“so Tae..I sent my CV in to Big Hit entertainment yesterday” I said shyly

“You did what?!!” She said in shock while dropping a spoonful of her cereal.

“yeah they said they will contact me by Monday if they have any available posts” I said calmly.

Why the hell was I so calm about this??

“you..you did wh- and you uh- but you? And how? But BTS and wtf (y/n)??!! why are you so calm about this??” she asked as she ran out of breath.

“Honestly..I have no idea why im so calm, I guess it just hasn’t hit me yet” I shrugged.

“Okay, whoo, wheeew..Oh my god, I think I might be feeling half the emotions you supposed to be feeling for you!” she exclaimed

“(y/n) Do you know what this means?” Taeri asked.

“I might see Bangtan?” I answered questioningly.

“No tt!! But no..It means you and I have to go shopping right now if you want to look good for them!” Taeri said excitedly.

 

She grabbed my hand in one hand and her handbag in the other and we dashed out the door to the nearest mall.

 

*back home from shopping*

 

“Im so glad we went shopping, now you can look good at your new job and make a good impression on bts!” Taeri said.

“well I really hope I get the job first Tae…” I said softly.

“Look I gotta get to the restaurant now, my shift starts in like 10mins” I said while looking down at my wrist watch.

“okay then, I’ll just be here. I’ll make dinner and leave leftovers for you in the warmer. Oh and (y/n) what about your job at the beauty salon?”

“Ohh yeahh..that was a part time job anyway so I told the lady in charge that’ll I will be leaving about 3 weeks ago..she didn’t really care.” I said hopelessly.

 

The restaurant was surprisingly empty, all I did was watch BTS videos on my phone while staring out this huge window on the 2nd floor of the restaurant. It had a pretty clear view of the BigHit building. What was I doing to myself? I was already nervous enough…I didn’t have to surround myself with things that constantly made me worry if id get the job or not.

 

I checked the time and my shift was almost over. So I asked the unni if I could get going since the place is so empty, she agreed and I left.

I decided that I’d walk back to the apartment that evening. I mean I really needed the fresh air. I plugged my headphones in my ipod and listened to some j-rock. I didn’t exactly choose to listen to that. My playlist was on shuffle.

Just as I was about to open the front door to my apartment, I received 2 new texts from an unknown number…This was strange. This almost never happened.

Who the hell could this text be from?

Then I thought to myself.. what if this is…B-ig..

No. It cant be? I mean a big company like that would call or email, right? Never text..

Besides its only Saturday, why contact me so early??