Chapter 31

What Luck!

 

By the next morning my eyes were literally dried out, I hadn't been able to get any sleep whatsoever. All that crossed my mind through the night was the idea of me being fired and never getting to see Jhope, Jimin, Jungkookie, jin, Rapmonster, Suga and V ever again.
Well...i couldn't just let that happen, they all had become very important people in my life and letting that go, would just break me.
I couldn't allow Taerin to do such a thing. My mind still can't fathom why she'd ever do something like that.
So I'm not just gonna sit here and sulk. I have to fight for myself. Fight for my job, that I was lucky enough to get.

*mobile phone rings* *JB calling*

"yeobosyeo?" I answered
"hello? (y/n)?" he said.
"yeah, it's me...why are you...can I help you?" I asked with an annoyed tone.
"no.. But I can help you." he said.
"what do you mean?" I asked.
"Tae dumped me, well I mean I tried dumping her first... She told me what she did to you, I couldnt believe she'd do something like that. I was pretty upset. I mean you are my friend and no one deserves to be sabotaged like that. You gotta fight for your job (y/n). I'll meet up with you at your workplace I have something that'll help." he said.
"Jb, im so sorry... You have no idea how much I appreciate this. Thank you. I'll see you in a bit." I said and cut the call.

I ran my fingers through my hair and then held a fist full of hair tight in my palms.
I felt so relieved. What would I have done if JB hadn't called and revealed that to me. Ive never felt so grateful to an ex friends' ex in my entire life.
I rolled off my bed and got ready to face my day.


*at Big Hit*
"thanks for being here on time, this means a lot to me." I said to Jae Beom.
"ah anieyo...you ready?" he asked.
"I'm ready..." I said as I walked nervously into the building.

My trembling hands knocked Hans office door, my teeth began to chatter. I don't think I felt this scared in my life.
"come in" Hans voice echoed from in the room.
"Mr Han..." I said.
"ahhh miss (y/n) you're back so soon?" he said.
"haha yeah,uhm yes. Uhm I've come to prove myself to you... And I didn't want to waste time." I said pretty much shaking.
"very well miss. Please explain yourself." he said.
"ah...well sir, this Is my good friend Jae Beom, he is the ex of my ex friend and roommate. He has been very kind and supportive of me. He too, feels that I don't deserve to be fired from this job that I am so blessed and thankful to have. Sir. My friend here has evidence to prove that it was not me who sent that email. But his ex girlfriend instead.
"okay then please reveal the evidence.." Han said.
"uhm Jae.." I said with eyes directing to his phone."

"Mr han. My ex girlfriend is also Korean, residing here in Seoul. She speaks fluent Korean and my friend (y/n) here has only been here for a year...she doesn't speak fluent Korean. My ex pretty much told me everything she did in her life. And her nasty plan to get (y/n) fired was one of the things I managed to get recorded on my phone. She speaks in full Korean here... Something that your employee here is still learning to do. So here it is.. " JB explained.

*recording being played back*

"hmm, okay." Mr Han said.
"I hope that this is good enough evidence sir. If it isn't Im Sincerely sorry for dissapointing you and such a great company." I said honestly.
"miss (y/n)...you...are off the hook." he said with a gentle smile.
"really? I said with my face lit up.
"yes, you are very lucky to have a friend like Jae Beom here. He really saved you." han said.
"I agree sir, he deserves to be treated to some steak." I said.
"I'm really glad you could stay Miss (y/n), and Mr Jae Beom. I'm certainly pleased with you... Your characteristics are perfect k-idol material. I think you should audition and become part of our training program." Mr Han offered.
"really sir?" Jae beom said excitedly. He knew that he was a good singer at the the back of his mind. Hearing this was probably the best news he received in a while.
"yes, feel free to audition next Monday." Han said.
"Awh thank you so much sir, I don't think I'll pass on an opportunity like this. I'm really looking forward to this!"

I was really happy for Jae beom, after what he did for me, he deserved nothing less.
I felt really happy leaving Big Hit that day. I couldn't wait to go out and celebrate.