CHAPTER 27 : Surgery

Who should I choose? [ON HIATUS]

“You’re doing well Seobie, just hang a little bit.. it almost done..” said Dujun as he wipe Yoseob’s sweaty and teary faces.

Yoseob was having a follow-up treatment as a preparation for his surgery the next week. Dujun was always by his side, muttering a sweet words for him as to keep the younger awake.

“It almost done Yoseob..” said one of the nurse as he inject something on Yoseob IV drip.

“There.. it’s done, take a deep breath Yoseob.. ok, try to calm down.. ok let’s take a deep breath again.. you’re great, it’s normal for having pain during this treatment.. but it’s the only option, we can’t do anything about it..” said Dr Song.

“Can’t you give him any painkiller?..” ask Dujun worried.

“No, I can’t do that.. painkiller will only give him worse if it get mixed with this medication, I’m sorry..”

“But it hurts to see him like this..” said Dujun again.

“We can’t do anything about it, Yoseob must try to endure it.. give him support Dujun, you can do this right?..”

“I’ll try hyung.. thank you..” said Dujun at the doctor.

Dujun look back at the younger on the bed, sweat and tears was trickling on his pale face and his face really look like in hurt. More machines was attached on his body, and something like IV drip was connecting at his arm. He was wearing his oxygen mask when the smaller said that he can’t breath during the treatment.  His chest was up and down heavily. Dujun caressed his head softly, it was really sad and hurtful to see the smaller body struggling to bear with the strong medications.

“If only I can take the pain from you Seob..”

___________________________________________________________

Dujun look up from his phone when he heard the door open, revealing Mr and Mrs Yang along with Wooyoung. Dujun got up from his seat and greet them.

“How’s he today Dujun?..” ask Mrs Yang as she patted the young man shoulder.

“Same as before ommonim..” said Dujun making way for them to see the smaller.

Mrs Yang approach the sick figure on the bed, caressing his son frail hand.

“You’re such a brave and strong boy, honey.. just hang there a little bit more..” said Mrs Yang sadly.

Yoseob open his eyes slowly when he heard the familiar voices. His eyes trailing at his mom.

“Seobie, you heard me?..” ask Mrs Yang.

Yoseob nodded slowly at him. His hand starts to grab his mom hand, squeezing it softly. He then pull off his oxygen mask slowly.

“Mianei.. jongmal mianei..” said Yoseob almost whispering.

“No, no honey.. why you said sorry? You’ve done nothing wrong.. don’t say sorry honey.. don’t..” her eyes starts to glistening in tears.

“Omma.. appa..” whispered Yoseob again.

“De honey, omma here.. appa is here too, look?” said Mrs Yang as his fingers pointed at her husband.

“We’re all here Seob..” said Wooyoung after a while as his hand clasped with the smaller.

Yoseob look at all the face who looking at him in teary eyes. His breath choked as he felt the urge to cry.

“It hurts.. it hurts too much..” sobbed Yoseob as tears start to flow on his cheek.

“I know.. I know honey, I’m sorry I can’t take the pain from you..” said Mrs Yang as she also start to cry too.

“Seobie, appa know you’re a strong boy right? You can do this Seobie.. eo? Don’t be scared ok?.. we all here with you, we will go through all this together.. eo? So, please.. don’t cry Seobie.. don’t cry..” said Mr Yang as his hand caressed his son’s head lovingly.

“Seobie..” said Wooyoung can’t continue with his words as he squeezed the younger’s hand more tightly.

Dujun approach them and patted Wooyoung’s back soothing him. He then wipe his tears who treatning to fall, calming his heart too.

“Everyone loves you Seob, so you need.. you need to be brave huh?..”

___________________________________________________________

“Based on his result, he’s good to get ready for his surgery.. now, there’s been 3 days remaining for his surgery, and he’s taken all the follow-up treatment very well too.. he’s gonna be fine Mr and Mrs Yang..” said Dr Song smiling at them.

“Jinjja? I’m glad to hear that..” said Mrs Yang.

“Now, let’s pray for his surgery to become succesful..” said Dr Song.

___________________________________________________________

“Why it’s taking so long?..” ask Dujun wander as he front and back from his seat.

It was the day for Yoseob to having his surgery. He was getting wheeled to the operation theater at 7 am, and now it has been 9 hours since the surgery started, but the doctor didn’t come out yet.

“Dujun, be patient son.. the doctor will come out soon..” said Mr Yang.

“It almost 5 pm yeobo.. I’m worried too..” said Mrs Yang. She also felt restless for having been waiting outside the theater room without any news from the doctors about his son.

“Everything will be fine, we need to pray that everything will turn out to be good..” said Mr Yang again calming his wife.

Wooyoung take an initiative to approach his mom and hug her from behind. Mrs Yang reply his hug by tapping on Wooyoung’s arm gently.

___________________________________________________________

Soon after, Dr Song come out from the room, looking tired and distracted.

“Doctor.. how’s he?..” said Mrs Yang quickly approaching the doctor.

“Can we talk in my room?..” said Dr Song as he allowed them to get in to his room.

___________________________________________________________

“Doctor, what is it? He’s alright right?..” ask Dujun impatient when they finally getting in to the Dr Song.

“First of all.. Yoseob’s surgery is a succesful..” said Dr Song.

“Ooh.. thank God!..” said Mrs Song as she felt a bit relieved.

Dujun noticed that Dr Song’s expressions was not good. He feel that something’s wrong.

“Hyung.. what is it? What’s wrong..” ask Dujun grabbing the attention of everyone in the room. They were all looking at him and Dr Song demanding for an answer.

“You said that the surgery is a succesful, right?..” ask Wooyoung started to be worried.

Dr Song take a deep breath before he continue.

“It is.. the surgery was succesful, but..”

“But what?..” ask Dujun impatient.

“We’re having a bit complication during the surgery.. he lost too many blood, also his heart stop breathing for almost 2 minutes.. we’ve had to struggle to make him alive in there, his antibody also becomes weak, and at that times.. we almost lost him.. but his body is strong as well as his will to make himself strong.. so we decide to continue it.. and thank God, he’s make it.. but he fall in deep coma state..”

“Co.. coma?..” ask Mrs Yang feared.

“De, it will now depend for how long he will be in this state..”

“For how long will he be in coma?..” ask Dujun after calm down a bit.

“It now depends on his body.. it can maybe for a short time, but it can be a month, or years.. I didn’t know when he will wake up, but for overall he’s fine, we just need to monitor him strictly..” said Dr Song.

Wooyoung let out a silent cry when he heard the news. Mr Yang hug him tightly, assuring him that it will be fine and don’t worry.

___________________________________________________________

“When you will wake up Seobie?.. I miss you, I really miss you..” said Dujun as he kiss the younger’s frail hand. It has been two days since Yoseob has been in coma. And without fails Dujun will come to his room everyday after school to accompany him.

“Do you want to know about what happen to me in school today? I was being scold by your favourite teacher Seob.. you remember Teacher Kim? The over-friedly teacher who wear his polkadot beanie everyday, you remember him right? You once said to me that his beanie is the one who make you laugh everyday when he teaching in your class right? I remember every single thing you told me Seob..” as he chuckle lightly as his eyes still staring at the younger.

“Ahh, you know what.. he say that he heard the news that we’re a couple, so he ask me about you, and that when I said that you’re sick, he then getting mad at me.. and he start leturing me on how to be a perfect boyfriend, how to take care of you, how to be responsible..”

“And for the first time, I feel like I want to finish him.. but I restrain myself, saying that he is our teacher, our teacher.. and I should’t do that to him.. so I was just standing there for almost 2 hours hearing he lecture to me about that.. urgh! What an unlucky day right?..”

“And you know what? Since everybody in the school know everything about you, they’ve been asking me when you will come to school again, they miss your cute face.. look Seobie, everyone miss you.. so, you need to wake up ok? Show to evryone that you will come to school again..” said Dujun sadly.

His attention then begin to change as he heard the knock on the door. Step in the room was Mrs Yang and Wooyoung. He then smile at them and notice that Wooyoung was holding onto Yoseob’s favourite flower, before looking back at the figure lying on the bed.

“Look Seobie, your mom and your hyung came.. and look, Wooyoung brought your favourite flower..” said Dujun.

“It’s your favourite flower Seob.. look, your favourite white lily..  hyung gonna put it beside you ok?” said Wooyoung as he put the flower into the empty vase beside Yoseob’s bed.

Mrs Yang then sit beside her son’s bed caressing his head.

“Seobie, omma here.. please open your eyes huh? I miss your smile Seobie.. I really miss you, you’re gonna wake up right? Omma will wait for you.. ok?..” said Mrs Yang.

Dujun patted the old woman shoulder lightly.

“Are you coming here from school Dujun?..” ask Mrs Yang then looking at the standing boy beside her.

“De.. ommonim..” said Dujun.

“Then you didn’t eat yet right? I bought something for you.. Wooyoungie, give Dujun hyung his box..” said Mrs Yang instructing his son to give an extra lunch box to Dujun.

“Here hyung.. omma make it for you too since she know that you will come here straight from school..” said Wooyoung.

“De, thank you ommonim..”

 

 

 

 

******

Update.. although this chapter may be something simple.. but I hope you will enjoy this.. thank you and I’m sorry for the simple chapter (Mianei..).. stay tuned for the next update..