CHAPTER 22 : Reject

Who should I choose? [ON HIATUS]

Yoseob feel a slight pain at his stomach, but he just ignore it deciding it was just a bit pain, and he will get better as time gone by. After hour and hour playing at the arcade, Gikwang brought him to the noodle restaurant. It was near 9 o’clock.

“Time sure went fast, right? I didn’t know that it was almost 9..” said Gikwang chuckle.

“Yeah.. we had lot of fun..” said Yoseob smiling at him.

They both sit and place their order. Yoseob notice that Gikwang staring at him for the first they sit until their order arrive.

“Kwangie? Why you look at me like that? Is there’s something wrong on my face? Do I look funny?..” ask Yoseob examining his face on his phone.

“No, it’s not..” chuckle Gikwang as he put Yoseob’s hand down and keep holding it.

Yoseob feels uncomfortble as he take back his hand, smiling at Gikwang.

“Seob?..” Gikwang looks serious.

“Urmm?..”

“Can you give me your answer for my questions that day?..” ask Gikwang looks straight at him.

Yoseob looks at him, but avoiding his eye contact.

“Seob? Please.. eo?..”

Yoseob put his chopsticks down and wipe his mouth.

This is it, Seob. Just tell him the truth.

“Kwangie.. I.. I’m sorry..” said Yoseob slowly.

“Sorry? What.. what do you mean by that Seobie? Why you’re sorry?..” ask Gikwang impatient.

“Kwangie.. I.. can’t, I can’t love you.. I try to love you, but it just didn’t turn out that way,… I’m sorry..” said Yoseob as he look dearly at Gikwang.

“What? I give you some time to think Seob.. can’t you consider me? For weeks I wait for your answer, but at the end you.. you reject me? How can you do that?..” ask Gikwang as he raise his tone a bit. 

Yoseob a bit scared when he see Gikwang get mad at him. He never seen Gikwang like that before, and it make him a bit freak out. He try to calm down and continue.

“Kwangie, calm down.. I’m sorry, but we.. we can still be friends right? A best friends?..”

“No! It’s not the same Seob.. you will never love me right? You never consider my feeling towards you? What do you think I am?..” Gikwang jerk at him, face red.

“Kwangie.. please, I’m sorry.. I..” Yoseob began to get scared at him. His eyes glistened with tears that seems want to fall down.

“No Seob.. we’re done..” said Gikwang as he take a deep breath and get up from his seat.

“Kwangie.. Kwangie, what.. what do you mean we’re done?.. Are you..”

“Yes Seob, I’m finish this.. I’m the type of person who can’t accept any loses.. but this is what you want right? So, we’re done..” said Gikwang as he walk out from the restaurant after put up the bill on the table.

“Kwangie! Kwangie! Wait!..” Yoseob try to run after him but after a while, his stomach hurt again. He stop as he clutch his stomach, he take a seat at the nearby bench, crying.

“Gikwang doesn’t want to be friend with me anymore..”

More tears stream down form his face, but his constant pain at his stomach stop him as he needs to get home as soon as possible to eat his medicines. He slowly get up and walk along to the bus stop.

“Where am I?..” Ask Yoseob to himself as he didn’t recognised the road he ‘s being.

He didn’t know what to do, his mind was in his blank state and with his stomach hurt, he can’t think properly. He just walk blatantly where his feet going.

“Kwangie.. you.. you really leave me, you promise me before.. but at the end you leave me..” sobbed Yoseob as he remember the past when he was hospitalised and Gikwang was visiting him.

FLASHBACK

"Promise to me that you will never leave me.. please Kwangie, promise me.."

"I.. I promise Seobie, I won't leave you.. I won't.." said Gikwang as he hug the sick figure on the bed.

"Don't leave me.."

END OF FLASHBACK

At that time, the pain has become unbearable, he fall on the ground, kneeling down as his hand clutched on his stomach. He can feel something coming out from his mouth, he cup his mouth to see. His breath hitched when he see the amount of blood staining on his hand. Tears and sweat lining down on his face and his body.

“Son, are you ok?..”

Yoseob feel someone hold on his shoulder. He look up and see a middle age man and woman looking at him in worried. He want to say something but it didn’t come out from his mouth.

“Yeobo, I think we should bring this boy to the hospital..” said the woman panic.

“Son.. can you walk? Are you involve in an accident?..” ask the man again.

Yoseob slowly shaking his head and want to get up. The man quickly help him and before  he stand up properly, his mind went black and the last time he remember was the woman and the man shouted something to him.

___________________________________________________________

“Help! Somebody help!..” shout the man as he bring the small boy in his arm with his wife running beside him.

All the medical assistance quickly approach them and bring the boy to the E.R. All the nurse help him to put the boy on the bed and call the doctor.

“It’s Yoseob.. call Dr Song immediately..” said one of the nurse as he recognised the boy. 

“Sir, where is his hyung?..” ask the nurse to the man.

“Urmm.. I didn’t know, I just found him on the street.. being like this..” said the man.

“Ahh.. geurae? Gwaenchanayo.. thank you for bringing him here.. ” said the nurse again.

___________________________________________________________

“Aish.. it’s getting late, where is this boy..” said Wooyoung as he look at the clock hanging on the wall.

“I’d better call him..” said Wooyoung as he take his phone.

Before he want to dial Yoseob’s number, his phone ringing. It was Yoseob.

“Hello, Seobie-yah! Do you know wha..”

“Wooyoung-ah, it’s me Dujun.. can you come to the hospital right now?.. Yoseob’s here..”

“What?! What happen? How can he..”

“I’ll explain later.. but for now, come here as soon as possible.. I’ll waiting for you..”

“Arasso..”

___________________________________________________________

Dujun put on his phone in his pocket after talking to Wooyoung and take a deep breath. He was lucky to be at the hospital at that time.

He was in the middle of conversation with Dr Song, when someone barge in to the room looking panic.

“Yah Leejoon! Can you knock first before you come in? Can’t you see that I..”

“Dr Song! Palli.. Yoseob!..”

“Yoseob?..” ask Dujun.

“De.. he’s being sent to E.R.. palli doctor!..”

“Bwo?!..” ask them both.

___________________________________________________________

So they both run towards the E.R and Dujun was shock when he see the younger lying on the bed with his shirt stain with blood.

“Oh God, Seobie..” Dujun approach the younger and caressed his face.

Dr Song quickly examines him, and put the oxygen mask on the younger’s face.

“What happen? Is Wooyoung here? I need to talk to him..” ask Dr Song to one of the nurse.

“It’s not Wooyoung who sent him here.. but that man and his wife, they said that they found Yoseob on the street, so they bought him here immediately..” explain the nurse.

Dujun look outside the room, they was a man and his wife sitting there with worried face. Dujun walk outside and approach them.

“Anyeonghaseyo.. I’m Yoon Dujun..” said Dujun as he bow.

“De..”

“Urmm.. you see that boy in there? You bought him here right?..”

“De.. we sent him here, is he ok now?..” ask the woman.

“I’m not sure yet.. the doctor is examining him now, but can I know where did you find him?..”

“And who are you? Are you his family?..” ask the man looking suspicious at him.

“Sort of.. his brother is on his way here, you know that boy is sick.. so I really appreciate for you to bring him here..” said Dujun.

“If he is sick, why did his brother leave him alone like that? In the middle of the night, walking alone. Where are his parents? He’s lucky that we found him..” said the woman looking a bit angry.

“He’s an orphan.. but I’m sure his brother is not the type to let his dongsaeng wandering around like that.. I know him, there must be a reason behind it..” said Dujun.

“Ooh I’m sorry.. poor boy..” said the woman again.

“It’s fine..”

“Wooyoung, where are you?..”

___________________________________________________________

After a while, Dr Song went out.

“How was he doctor?..” ask the woman.

“Are you the one who bring him here?..” ask Dr Song.

“De.. we are, is he alright?.. nothing happen right?..” ask the man.

Dr Song takes a deep breath before continue.

“De, he’s alright.. you both don’t have to be worry, and Dujun have you call Wooyoung?..”

“De.. he’s on the way here.. ahh, there he is..” said Dujun as he look at the entrance.

Wooyoung approach them with sweat on his face, it looks clearly that he have been running here.

“Wooyoung..” said Dujun.

“Hyung.. Yoseob.. Yoseob, what happen to him? How can he end up here? Where is Gikwang?..” ask Wooyoung quickly.

“Wooyoung, calm down..” said Dr Song.

“Gikwang? Was he with Seobie?..” ask Dujun.

“De.. Gikwang bought him out this evening, where is he? I need to know what happen?..” said Wooyoung as he try to search for Gikwang.

“Madam, when you find this boy, did you see someone else with him?..” ask Dr Song.

“No, we didn’t see anyone, right yeobo?..”

“De.. he’s alone, and when we get near him.. I think I saw him crying..” said the man as he nodded at his wife.  

“What?!..” Wooyoung is in his perk of wanting to get angry. How can Gikwang leave Yoseob alone like that. He sigh in mad.

“Wooyoung, right now your priority is Yoseob ok? I know you’re mad, but there’s something important that I need to discuss with you.. come, let’s go into my room..” said Dr Song as he take Wooyoung’s hand with him.

“Sir, everything is alright now.. besides his brother is here, so I think you can go back now..” said Dujun nicely.

“De.. it’s a relieve then that the boy is alright.. come yeobo, let’s go..” said the man.

“But can we visit him once he’s awake? I want to see that boy again.. what is his name again?..” ask the woman.

“Yoseob, Yang Yoseob.. sure, you can visit him anytime.. and here, this is my number, later when he’s awake, I’ll make sure to give you a call..” said Dujun as he write down his number on a piece of paper and give it to the woman.

“Ok, thank you young boy..” said the woman.

“De, hope you safely arrive home and thank you again..” said Dujun bow at the couple.

 

 

 

 

*****

So, how was it my story..it’s been along time that I didn’t write something in this section.. (chuckle).. I’m a little bit busy with my studies so I didn’t get to update much.. hope you didn’t leave my story out and keep reading it.. (blinking eyes).. and please comment if you think something about my story.. thank you (bow)