CHAPTER 23 : Feeling

Who should I choose? [ON HIATUS]

“Wooyoung, can you tell me what exactly happen to Yoseob?..” ask Dr Song when they arrive at his room.

Dujun come in to the room and sit beside Wooyoung. Wooyoung take a deep breath and begin to tell them.

“Gikwang take him out this evening, telling me that he want to bring Yoseob to dinner.. so I let him go and told him to not make it so late, and then until Dujun hyung call me to come here.. that’s when I think that there must be something wrong..” said Wooyoung.

“How can he leave Yoseob like that?! I swear the next time I see him, I will kill him..” said Dujun angry.

“Dujun, calm down.. we don’t know what happen exactly..” said Dr Song.

“Doctor, is Seobie ok? There’s nothing wrong right?..” ask Wooyoung.

Dr Song take a deep breath and look at Wooyoung hesitantly.

“Doctor, he’s fine right?..” ask Wooyoung again.

“Wooyoung, there’s something I want to ask.. before he go out this evening, did he take his medicines?..”

Wooyoung think for a while before shaking his head.

“No, he didn’t.. he suppose to take his medicines at 10, but I remember that he said that he will be back at 10, so I didn’t pack his medicines with him.. it’s now past 3 hours for him to take his medicines..”

“That’s why his body react like that..” said Dr Song.

“What do you mean..” ask Dujun.

“The acid has spread in his body, that’s why blood coming out from his mouth..”

“Blo.. blood?..” Wooyoung gasped when he heard the doctor.

“De, when I check him.. his shirt is already full stain with blood.. Wooyoung-ah.. it’s time for you to consider the surgery.. he’s getting worse everyday, and his medicines can’t cover his pain anymore.. he can’t depend on his medicines for all his life, or else it will affect his liver and other organs.. Wooyoung-ah, think about it carefully.. don’t you want him to be healthy? Running around without never getting to be worried about being tired, eating whatever he want, don’t you?..” ask Dr Song.

“I want him to be healthy.. but, I.. I’m also scared like him, scared that I may lose him, for all my life.. I can’t stand that..” said Wooyoung as his eyes become teary.

“Wooyoung-ah, I also agree with Dr Song.. it’s time for you to consider the surgery for Yoseob, but when you scared like this.. I bet Yoseob must be more scared than you.. so, I want you to be brave, be brave for Yoseob.. eo? Can you do that?..” ask Dujun.

“I.. I will try..” said Wooyoung as he wipe his tears.

___________________________________________________________

Yoseob slowly open his eyes, his eyes catch the white ceiling and the sound of machines beside him. He take a deep breath, and feel a bit pricky in his lung. He looks beside him, there’s Wooyoung sleeping and also Dujun at the other side sleeping while holding his hands. He looks around again.

“He’s not here.. Kwangie’s not here..”

And then reality hits him. Realize that Gikwang really leave him. His eyes become teary again. Tears fall from his eyes, and his breath hitched. That’s when Dujun wake up and realize that the younger was crying.

“Seobie, Seobie.. hey, you’re crying.. are you in hurt? Is your stomach hurt again?..” ask Dujun.

Wooyoung also wakes up when he heard Dujun.

“Seobie? Wae? Why are you crying? Is it really hurt? Seob?.. I call Dr Song..” said Wooyoung as he pull out his phone.

Yoseob grab Wooyoung’s hand telling him to stop.

“Wae? No need to call Dr Song?..”

Yoseob shaking his head, before pulling out the oxygen mask from his face. He takes a deep breath before looking at Dujun and Wooyoung who also looking at him in worried.

Seeing the younger seems to calm down, Wooyoung ask him.

“Seobie.. what happen? Where’s Gikwang?..” ask Wooyoung softly as he wipe the younger’s tears.

“He.. he leave me.. hyung, he really leave me..” said Yoseob slowly.

“What do you mean he leave you? What exactly happen Seob?..” ask Dujun.

“I.. told him that I can’t love him, and I want us to remain as a friends, best friend.. but he didn’t want to, and then he leave me.. he doesn’t want to be friends with me anymore, he.. really leave me..” sobbed Yoseob.

Wooyoung know the pain that Yoseob feel. Yoseob always doesn’t have much friends, all of his friends leave him when they know that Yoseob has a disease. Although everyone promise to stay by his side, but at the end he always ended up alone. 

“Sssh.. Seob, we’re here right? We never leave you.. ok?..” said Wooyoung as he hug the younger. His eyes become teary too.

“Damn you Gikwang! I promise I will not let you meet Yoseob again.. I promise that..” as he clench his fist.

Yoseob loose his hug at Wooyoung and look at Dujun.

“Dujun hyung?..” ask Yoseob looking sad at Dujun. Dujun smile and approach him, caressing his head lovely.

“Are you gonna leave me too? Like.. like Kwangie?..” ask Yoseob again.

“No, what are you saying? I’m never gonna leave you Seob.. I will stay with you.. forever..” said Dujun looking deeply at the younger’s eyes.

“Really? Can you promise me? promise that you will never leave me?..”

“I promise Seob.. I promise, I’ll never leave you.. ok? Just you need to stay healthy always..” said Dujun.

And for a while Yoseob smile again.

___________________________________________________________

Dujun feed Yoseob his porridge, but the younger only take a few spoonful and then he declare that he can’t eat it anymore.

“Wae Seob? You eat too little.. have a little bit more..” said Dujun persuading the younger.

“No, I can’t..” said Yoseob shaking his head.

Dujun give up and just smile at the younger. He know he can’t force the smaller to eat more. He then help the smaller to drink and wipe his mouth.

“You’re feeling ok?..” ask Dujun as he adjust the bed to make the younger feel comfortable.

“De, I’m fine.. thank you hyung..”

Then, someone come in to the room. Dujun turn to look, and see the middle age woman and man come inside the room smiling widely. Dujun approach them and shake his hand, before make way for them to meet the younger.

“Who.. who are you?..” ask Yoseob a bit scared when the woman and the man approach him.

“Seobie, didn’t you remember them? They are the one who bring you to the hospital when you fainted at the street.. remember?..” said Dujun.

Yoseob think for a while and look at them.

“Ah.. I’m sorry, I remember it now.. thank you..” said Yoseob smiling.

“De.. you’re ok now?..” ask the man.

Yoseob nodded his head and smile cutely at them. The woman then sit beside him and caressed his hand lovely. Yoseob look at the woman weirdly.

While the woman is sit beside Yoseob, the man and Dujun was sitting at the other table, chatting.

___________________________________________________________

“Sir, can I know your name?..” ask Dujun after a while.

“Yeah, I’m sorry.. I forgot to introduce myself.. my name is Yang Seungho and that is my wife Sunye..” said the man.

“Ooh! Are you CEO of Yang Pharmaceutical Trading?..” ask Dujun a bit shock. He remember the name because his father also doing a business with the company.

“Ah ha ha ha.. de, I am.. and you are?..” said the man.

“Ahh, I’m Yoon Dujun.. I’m sure you know my dad, Yoon Taek..” said Dujun.

“Ahh then this hospital is.. you dad’s? What a small world huh?..”

“De..” Dujun reply.

“Then, what is your relationship with that boy there? What is his name again? Yoseon? Yojeon?..”

“It’s Yoseob sir..” said Dujun.

“Ahh de.. Yoseob, is he your lover?..” ask Mr Yang.

“Ahh.. urmm, he.. urmm, well you can describe it like that..” said Dujun chuckle.

“I see.. is that boy had a disease or something?..”

“De, he is.. he’s diagnosed with stress-induced stomach ulcer when he was still a kid.. well, you know what kind of disease he had, right?..” ask Dujun.

“De, I know.. poor boy, how old is he now?..”

“16..”

“Didn’t you consider a surgery for him? I heard that the surgery can remove the ulcer fully, but it consider a lot of procedure, and the chance is.. well I say it 60-50..”

“Well, we are aware of that surgery.. but it was Yoseob who was scared to do it..” said Dujun as he look at the younger who was smiling at the bed with the woman beside him.

___________________________________________________________

The woman keep caressing his hand make Yoseob a bit uncomfortable. He keep looking at the woman.

“Ahh.. I’m sorry, I make you uncomfortable right?..” said the woman apologetic as he take of her hand from Yoseob’s hand.

“Aniya.. gwaenchanayo..” said Yoseob smiling again.

“You know what Yoseob, I always want a kid like you.. bright and cute, you’re so cute Yoseob..” said the woman again as he pinch Yoseob’s cheek.

Yoseob feel a warmth feeling tuck his heart when the woman touch him, like a mother to her son. It makes him happy and smile more towards the woman.

“Jinjja? Hehehehe..” he chuckle brightly.

“De, where is your hyung by the way? I want to meet him..”

“Ahh Wooyoung hyung? He’s not here.. he’s working..” said Yoseob.

“Ahh.. where is he working?”

“At Dream Café.. we also lived there, because it’s provide a hostel to the worker who work there..” explain Yoseob.

“Geurae? You must live in a hard time then..” said the woman and now she careesing his head.

“Not really.. my hyung really take care of me very well, it just me who were being careless always..” said Yoseob chuckle.

“You naughty..” said the woman again also chuckle.

“I am..” said Yoseob back.

___________________________________________________________

“Yeobo, are you done?..” said Mr Yang as he approach his wife who is still talking with Yoseob.

“Ahh.. are we leave now?..” ask Mrs Yang looking dissapointed.

“De, look at the clock now.. we will miss the appointment..” said Mr Yang.

“Are you going to leave?..” ask Yoseob. His face was sad again.

“De.. auw!, don’t be sad honey, we will leave now, but I promise to visit you again soon, ok?..” said Mrs Yang as he caressed Yoseob’s head.

“You promise right? You will come again right?..” said Yoseob.

“Of course I am honey..” said Mrs Yang.

“Come, yeobo..”

___________________________________________________________

“I see you like that boy..” ask Mr Yang.

“De, I really like him.. and yeobo, what if we..”

 

 

 

 

*****

How was it? Can you guess what Mrs Yang want to talk about? (thinking..).. stay tuned..