cinco

Through My Songs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, sunbaenim-deul.” I heard she greets the rest of us in the room with her body bows properly in 90 degrees. Her long brown hair fell back again right above her stomach as her smile grew wider when she saw me. I widened my eyes and look at the others in question mark, did she just smile at me?

The others were nodding their heads at her greet, I was there alone trying hard to know why on earth she could be here. Hyunsuk came and pulled Seungri from fangirling over her. I saw him smiling at her and shook her hand in such a friendly way, I cringed. I just saw Hyunsuk smiling, he was the person that rarely smile, if he ever smiled, it’s whether a forced one or a mocking one. We all know it already, but magically he just did the sincere one not so long ago, the sincere one that I saw when he tried to give me some support after reading my lyrics. I wondered what this girl said to him till he could have that wide smile on his face.

“Who is that girl?” I asked the person beside me who were smirking at her too, Seunghyun. He look at me with his eyebrows furrowed to the middle, he lifted both of his hands and rolled his eyes afterward. “For real, yong? You don’t know her?” Seunghyun asked me back. I shook my head, giving him a light shrug. “No?” I replied him; I couldn’t really tell who is she and reason why everyone were seem so familiar with her. Seunghyun rolled his eyes once again and ignored my question; instead he was playing with his phone.

The rest of us were actually stopped singing as the owner of our agency was still talking to the infamous guest that came out of sudden to our party. I blew a raspberry and walked over to my seat to take a sip of my drink, I didn’t know why everyone was in silence though. I just wished I knew who she is.

“Okay, everyone! We have a guest here. All of us must have known who this beautiful girl is, right? Please take care of her for a while.” I turned my head to the sound; Hyunsuk just announced something about her. I nodded my head lazily and decided to stand by my seat, drinking up the rest of my drink when I could. I decided to stay away from her because I was too lazy to interact with a new person; I know that I couldn’t handle the need to keep myself closed from anything or anyone new. Not her too, not today.

“Sure, sir. We’d love to.” I heard some of them replied shortly and enjoyed the party again.

I shook my head and then tilted my head slightly to the side while looking at her; she easily interacted with most of us, especially the boys. I saw her laughing with opened widely and her delicate laughter filling up the room together with the rest of us followed her laughs. She seems so carefree and happy, and everyone was actually enjoying her existence here.

“Jiyong, you okay, bro?” Youngbae nudged my side as his eyes were looking at his girlfriend dancing and chatting with the most girls in the dance floor.

I nodded my head casually and show him my sincere smile. Lately, I was getting better though. Although, I still has that habit to keep checking on her social media, but my heart didn’t waver so much most of the times. It means I was getting better now. I know, everyone know, not everyone could survive from a breakup easily in such a short time. Most of people might lock themselves in their bedroom, crying over their past, blaming their mistakes that they think is the reason why they broke up, most of them chose to get wasted all nights, drinking up their miseries till they knocked out, or probably hitting up random girls or boys just to make they feel better. I didn’t do that, well maybe-- at the first week after breakup I went to different clubs, but I didn’t do it anymore now. So, basically I am better than most of them.

A month after the breakup, I still has some time to think about her. I couldn’t help myself, a four years relationship is not an easy one, and it’s complicated yet full with memories. I couldn’t just let things slipped off my feet that easily. I admit that I am the person that hard to fall in love, to say that I like a person I even need quite long time to finally admit it. For me, the word love is sacred and deep, I can’t just say I love a person right after I said it to another. That’s why sometimes I wonder why a person could say that he is in love with his girlfriend on Saturday, and then on next Tuesday after breaking up he already wanted a new girl. I shook my head at that thought. If I need a long time to fall in love, then I might need longer time to forget the word love for her too. How much times that I need to forget her is not the thing that matters to me. The only thing that matters to me is not to look back and open the same book that I decided to close back at that time.

“Yes, hyung?” I snapped back to the reality when I heard Seungyoon came and talked to Youngbae.

“Ah- Eunji?” He said, looking at the guest that came earlier with his smile on.

“Yes. Why is she here? I mean- is she your girlfriend?” Youngbae asked in a playful way and nudged the younger’s arm playfully.

I, who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter