dieciocho

Through My Songs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Special for today's update, you will look from another point of view.

Enjoy!

 

EUNJI's POV

 

"I'm sorry oppa but I am busy here." I said through what people called a phonecall.

"Busy doing what?" He asked me in another flat time as if he wasn't actually interesting to know what's the reason behind I got very busy today.

"It's Bomi's birthday surprise." I replied shortly followed with a soft sigh. I wasn't sure what's hidden behind that soft sigh that slipped out of his mouth just now.

"Who is Bomi?"

"Seriously, oppa? She is a friend of mine. One of the apink member, just so you know." My tone brought me by surprise, was I just sound like I am mad at him or was it just me?

But really. Of all the friends that I have, why he never know Bomi?

Did I never really mention her name between our conversation before?

I believe I did, but I forgot when.

I couldn't help it but feeling upset at him. How a man could not know who the closest friend of his girl is? I believe my brother could do better than him.

I didn’t know why but I started to feel that we are falling apart little by little. I am not blind not to see what happened here. I have a heart that can feel the difference. He has been acting differently recently. He is not that Kwon Jiyong that I knew before, he turned to be someone else. Someone else that used to fake all things all the time, even fake to sound like he is trying when he wasn’t even wanted to.

"If you mind then this is the end of the conversation."  I told him out and clear.

I didn't know whether I am really busy or not, but currently I am not in the mood to talk with him. All things about him sometimes scare me. I thought he is something that I can read easily just by looking at his attitude and words, but it seems like I have to do better to know what had occupied his mind. I thought he has changed after that talk that night at the cafe, but I was wrong.

It was only getting better for a few days. Recently, he was becoming someone else that I believe he never introduced me before. I wasn't used to this side of him, but all my apink members said that it was the true side of him. The cold and arrogant GDragon.

It was all started when that girl, wait, does she still considered as a girl? I believe she is older than me in two years. Scratch that, she is a woman. So it was all started to change when that woman from his past came back. I wasn't really surprise to see she came back into his life. I mean, if I were her, I might have come back too. They had a quite longtime relationship, a four years old relationship is considered as long. I bet they had a lot of memories in the past, whether it was good or bad, memories are memories. It will stay there until another things came up and become the memories for your tomorrow. He must have gone through hard times to forget her that he is now shaken because of her comeback, because if I were him I know I will do too.

It was only two days ago when he stated that the woman from his past started to contact him again. She wasn't contacting him for good once, but it was for numerous times and it seems that she won't put a stop to it before she got his attention back. I told him that she is funny, why should she bothered to come back after he has someone new. I mean, does she have something called an ethics? Not being harsh, but did her parents ever teach her about not wanting the stuff that didn't belong to her?

If I could yell at her and push her or hit her, just if I am allowed to do that I believe I would have done that. But I know I couldn't, Chorong eonnie once said to me.

"The past remained at the past, Eunji-ya. Don't worry"
Somehow, I believe in those words. I saved that sentence inside my mind, trying to convince myself that everything that happened in the past will not influence what happen in the present time.

But what Bomi said is a total opposite of it, I knew her more than five years already now. We have been gone through lots of hard times, it was all made both of us know each other very deeply. She knew it best even when I myself didn’t.

 "Past memories are much stronger than present stories. Just pack all your feelings and be ready for everything that will happen soon or later." , with all of its possibilities and the feeling that I have inside my heart, those words that came out of Bomi's mouth put me through lots of sleepless nights. I couldn't sleep for many nights, even at the night before my birthday my eyes refused to close for a while. I thought I was too afraid that I will get a nightmare and I couldn't wake up from it. Pathetic, isn't it?

My birthday has gone five days ago, I turned 23 with no one but just my bestfriends and family. I spent my birthday with all of apink members, the closest friends that I spent 4years together in one small apartment shared for six girls. A special surprise was from my one and only brother. It was so sweet that with just by remembering the day I felt my tears rolling down my cheeks. I remembered when he brought a cake on his small hands, tiptoeing through the living room to my bed while keeping the candles so they will still be on.

Quietly walked down the empty living room to the bed, tried his best not to get caught. But he never know that I always have an ear and eye for watching every steps he made. I always been wherever he were, and so that day too. I tried my best to act like I am surprised, although it was a bit surprising because I saw how big he’s gotten

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter