treinta

Through My Songs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chapter was written on Author's POV to give a wider perspectives on both Eunji and Jiyong feelings.

Enjoy!

 

She woke up from her one hour sleep to the sound of her alarm, with the automatic move, she reached out her hand to the alarm and turned it off before it woke the other members who obviously were still sleeping. With the sound of alarm, she then rose from her bed, getting herself a few minutes of morning pray before walking out of her bedroom to get a glass of water. She could feel went dry from crying herself to sleep last night. It wasn’t her intend to cry at first, but then she went to her phone gallery to accidentally found old photos she forgot to delete, or she chose not to delete since they were too precious for her. With the condition of her dry throat, she could let her get throat-ache for just crying herself to sleep, she couldn’t let that happen so as soon as she woke up, she immediately got herself a few glasses of water to wet and made it a bit better.

With a grey jumper and a pair of jogger pants, she went out of the apartment. She turned to the right and found the emergency door right where the stairs are located. She chose to descend through the stairs instead of taking an easy way, which was the apartment’s elevator. It wasn’t because she wanted to get a little sweat that morning, but she chose the opposite way to prevent herself from meeting the person that has caused her too much feelings to explode at the same time. As soon as she reached the ground floor, she could feel her body sweats a little bit under the grey jumper she was wearing but she casually shrugged it off and continued walking pass the lobby then walked out of her apartment building to the playground nearby.

She sat down on one of the swings in the playground with her hands both dipped into her jumper’s pockets. Her eyes were staring at the empty playground, she was in daze. The playground was obviously empty since it was still forty past three in the morning, no kids wake up this early. Well, babies do but no babies play in the playground, so yeah, it doesn’t count. Her eyes staring emptily to the view in front of her while her mind went elsewhere; she didn’t what she was thinking. But her heart knew that she wanted the most impossible choice she could make. She would stay there, sitting on the swing while staring emptily at nothing but empty playground, though sometimes she would bring one or two letters from the person she wished she could forget, but most of the times she just sat there doing nothing. It has been happening for three weeks now and it became the habit all of her members knew about. She did wait till the sun show its tip a bit and it was her cue to go back to her dorm.

Little did she know, she actually has a lot of chance to just move on from this particular person that has turned the most positive person to be a more timid person as she was right now, but again, she chose not to. She went back to the dorm to be greeted by her oldest member, the leader, Park Chorong, and they both would cook a simple breakfast for all of them. Sometimes, she just cook alone since she cook better than the rest of them, though she could say Bomi was the closest competitor to her cooking skill.

Today, she got Namjoo as her assistant in the kitchen. To be more accurate, Namjoo was more like a ‘let me try this’ or ‘let me eat this’ assistant that a real chef assistant in the kitchen, but after all Eunji still loves her presence. Namjoo could always bring up the mood in the dorm along with Bomi, and in this gloomy morning Eunji needed it the most so she bear with it.

“So, what can I help you, eonnie?” asked the younger one as soon as she stepped into the kitchen, looking at the older one taking several boxes out of the refrigerator.

“Dubu Jjigae.” The busy chef answered shortly as she proceed to prepare things in front of her and started cooking without making too much comment.

“Great! Today’s breakfast is gonna be littttttttt!” Namjoo as the younger one brought the new slang with her infamous face expression, making the older tore a look at her for a second before cackling a chukle. “Namjoo-ya.” The latter remarked.

“I’ll be just watching and preparing the dining table then.” Namjoo walked out of the kitchen then heading to the dining table to prepare the utensils. It didn’t take long for her to get the table ready and right after she finished, she walked back to the kitchen with a wary smile. Eunji’s back was facing her but she could feel her presence behind her so she turned and look at her, “You finished?” She asked the younger in which she replied with a single nod.

 “So eonnie, I have a few questions to ask you.” She began fidgeting with her own fingers as she spoke. Busy with cooking, the older just hummed to the younger, signing her to just ask her right away.

“Mmm-hmm, did you get the message from Kim Minjae?” this question made the older turned around and look at the younger, “who?” she asked, her mind couldn’t recall.

“Actor Kim Min Jae, he is a friend of mine. He sent you a message two days ago after you two met. Did you get it?” the explanation helped the older recall that one memory where she was sent to meet a friend of Namjoo in a café for just casual talking, she nodded to the younger question. She did get the message from the male and her answer made the younger squealed, “Did you reply?” another question was asked and again, Eunji gave a nod as the answer. And the curiosity continued, “Did the conversation still on until today?” Namjoo asked and the latter just shook her head, making the younger sighed deeply.

“What’s wrong?” Eunji turned around after she finished cooking, catching the disappointed look on the younger’s face.

“Is he boring?” Namjoo asked sighing as soon as the older nodded to her last question, she couldn’t help but burying her face in her opened palms. But she didn’t stop there, meanwhile the dorm was still not so crowded she has to ask, “What about Suho oppa?” the latter shook her head, “He, well, he is nice, really. But- his fans, I can’t deal with it if they ever found me texting to their idol, Joo-ya.” Eunji scooped out the broth of her freshly cooked food into smaller bowl before handing to the younger one.

Namjoo took the smaller bowl and carefully brought it to the dining table. “Right, EXO fans can be a little bit chaotic.” Namjoo agree to the older’s statement as she walked back to the kitchen to take another bowls of Dubu Jjigae, “Then, what about Actor Kang Haneul? Or Taekwoon oppa?” the younger asked again as she followed the older steps to the dining table and placing the bowls carefully on the table.

“They both are good friends of mine now. I actually will go with Taekwoon this Sunday, he said that he needs my advice on what should he buy for his nephew’s birthday gift.” Eunji answered before biting her lip as she look up, recalling what happened to the other male, “Oh and Haneul, he informed me that he is going to be in a drama with Jieun.”

“God, friendzoned.” Namjoo rolled her eyes as soon as she heard it but she didn’t give up just yet, “What about- mmm, Siwan oppa? Or Jonghyun sunbaenim? Howon oppa?” another male names appeared and the older just simply replied, “Well, they are my friends. We meet for several times, Joo-ya. What’s with all this questions?” Eunji asked in confusion with the sudden explosion of male names at this early.

“Friends? Eonnie! Will you stop making all these great and nice men to be just your friends?!” Namjoo exclaimed, she was furious to know that all of the names she just mentioned that she believed could be the potential man to replace the man she just met hour ago just become friends to the older one. Then one name appeared out of sudden making Namjoo squealed, she probably has a chance to have her main vocal back to the old self version of herself. “Okay, what about Jaebum oppa? He is manly and not boring, kind also. What about him?”

“Stop with your questions, Namjoo. Just help me wake up the others please?” Eunji changed the topic, making the younger sighed in annoyance but she knew it was a difficult to task to forget a significant person in a very short period of time.

“Fine. I’m sorry.” Namjoo answered then received a brief hug from the older one before she left to her bedroom, probably checking what kind of flower and gift the man left this morning when she was sitting the whole time on the swing. Truth is when she told her sunbaenim about Eunji’s whereabouts this morning, she felt relief to find the latter smiled widely with the information she just given him. She wondered did they meet each other, did they have a little talk. But after all, she just wished she did a good job.

 

***

It wasn’t the first time for the staff in YG building to hear about Apink, even it sounds like they are created from their company which is totally untrue, since Apink was initially trained and then debuted under Cube Ent. Yet, due to the influence of Jiyong in the company, people that work here are pretty much informed about this significant girl group that has innocent concept as their image. The image of Apink as a girl group that represents fairies and beauties also become one of the supporting theory to get a name for the upcoming girl group that will be debuted under YG Entertainment.

“As you guys can see, pink represents not only girly image but also beauty and fairies, just like pink in Apink. Here from the success of Apink to portray the beauty, we can also hope that BLACKPINK can also be successful in picturing both the BLACK image and also the PINK image.” Jiyong ended his explanation with a smile on his face, people would wonder what was the reason behind sudden appearance of his smile, but then they realized there is a certain name mentioned on his previous statement.

Despite being in an official meeting where all the important people of YG, including the senior artists such as BIGBANG and 2NE1 members, Jiyong couldn’t just let the chance to mention Apink name. Though, this time, he did it with a clear reason, which was to give another strong reason to stick with the word PINK that included as the potential name for the upcoming girl group. He could see YG was nodding to his previous argument then he added, “Though, blackpink sounds more catchy than pink punk.” Jiyong lastly added.

“Yes, I agree with Jiyong, sajangnim. Punk sounds like too harsh and rude to be a name of a girl group. I mean, a name should stay with them forever, so I really think that BLACK represents the concept of powerful and strong girls better than Punk, sir.” Dara added right after Jiyong ended his statement, following with several agreement nods from people sitting behind YG seats.

“Okay, opinion accepted. Is there any opinion to be included or stated in the meeting before the vote starts?” the meeting moderator, which was the leader of company himself asked the crowd, waited for a minute before deciding to continue to the next step, voting.

Each people inside the meeting room then have to write their own choice for the name of the upcoming girl group that will soon be debuted possibly around the mid-year. Jiyong immediately wrote down his choice which was the opinion he said earlier, BLACKPINK. The rest of the BIGBANG and 2NE1 members actually loved it and wrote it on the piece of paper before they put it inside the box. As soon as the votes were all gathered, two staff counted the votes and let YG know about the result.

“Okay, now for the results. PINK PUNK got 5 votes and BLACKPINK got 13 votes.” YG himself announced the results while eyeing the one who gave the idea of a name BLACKPINK. The rest of the person who attend the meeting had already given an approval nods, “So we can now call the next group as BLACKPINK. And as the idea maker, what do you think about the debut time of these girls?” YG asked the younger who couldn’t stop smiling as soon as they heard the voting results.

“Huh? The date? Uhh— I guess, it would be more special or easy to remember if the time of their debut has repetitive number.” Jiyong explained his idea, he has always loved the repetitive number ever since he was born in August 18th 1988, which stands for 8-8-88 in numerical.

“That’s nice. What do you guys think?” YG now turned his head to the creative staff and the PR staff, they were all nodding in approval, they agreed with Jiyong’s idea, once again.

“Well, okay then. For the date, we should follow up for the information about any other groups that will have their debut this year so we wouldn’t clash with another rookie group.” YG said and after that the meeting adjourned.

He left the meeting room with Chaerin on his left side while Youngbae always got his right side, they were walking together to the lobby, ready to get some dinner that day. The moment he got the results inside the meeting room, he has restrained himself from telling her this good news, but he knew he couldn’t just play with his phone when the leader of his company was talking. Now that he was out of the meeting room, he fished out his phone from his trousers’ pocket and typed a message to her.

“What is it?” Chaerin asked in curiosity as she stole a few glances at the older phone screen.

“I’m just telling Eunji that I mentioned Apink a lot of times today.” The older replied simply only to hear both Chaerin and Youngbae chuckled at their friend.

“You’re really in love with her huh. God, I can’t believe this.” Chaerin exclaimed before earning a ruffle on her hair from the older. “Yah! What’s that for?” She pouted cutely.

“Let him be, Chaerin-ah. It’s better to see him this way though.” Youngbae nudged his best friend who just sent the message to who he believed was the reason of all good change in his best friend’s self.

 

***

[08:12 AM] Puppy Meungji : My room is full already. You can stop sending me gifts now.

He read the message out loud and still can’t believe on what he has just read a few seconds ago. Reading it again and again but nothing changed, the sender of the message was still written as Puppy Meungji. Puppy Meungji was the name he wrote to save her phone number in the contact list, it was always her nickname that he agreed on, because she looks and acts like a puppy all the time. However, this felt so unreal. He just finished practicing for the new songs that would be released any time in this year, yet he can’t believe it when he checked the message he just received.

“Pinch me. Hard.” He ordered Seunghyun to pinch him in which the older got confused at the sudden odd request, “Hyung, pinch me.” He ordered the older once again before yelping in pain because Seunghyun just pinched his cheek really hard.

“Oh God, this is real. I’m not dreaming!” He exclaimed happily making the other four member that were all practicing to their new song look at him in confusion and curiosity.

“What’s real? Jiyong-ah! Yah!” Youngbae shook his best friend who was in daze while holding onto his phone screen so tightly as if someone is gonna snatch his phone away.

“Hyung! Jiyong hyung!” Seungri kneeled on the floor while watching the older was staring at his phone with dreamy gaze.

“Check his phone!” Seunghyun ordered the younger while watc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter