treinta y uno

Through My Songs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

31/33

 

It feels warm, a lot warmer than I ever expected. No, it wasn’t merely because it’s finally Spring. The warmth that creeps in and has been staying for two days now caused by a total different reason, trust me it’s not because of the weather. If the reason was all because of the weather, I should have felt its warmth since two weeks ago right at the moment when the flowers start to bloom.

It feels warm, especially my heart. That kind of warmth that melts every ice plates inside my heart caused by a very simple reason. It might sound too simple to everyone else but it’s very complicated since I got it through lots of tears and sweats. But it’s okay, my efforts in the recent weeks is worth the result.

The spring, most people’s favorite season, I might include myself on that matters starting this year. Noting that I began to realize the greatness of this so-called a season to fall in love. Like the flowers that start to bloom back in season, decorating streets with its beauty and the famous spring breeze greeting everyone’ skin, bringing the joy of Spring to everyone’s heart. The spring started with fragrance of fresh grass and flowers, signing the end of that cold and freezing season. It’s been two weeks after the season changed but I just felt its warmth two days ago.

Like the end of Winter that changed to a Spring, that also explains the change in my gloomy days to become a lot warmer and brighter days with her return to my arms.

After all, she is the stubborn Jung Eunji and I should have known what I’ve signed for ever since day one. But copping up with her stubbornness is much better than never getting back together. I am just one luckiest person on earth. I couldn’t imagine my life without her, I bet it’s almost as lonely as a widowed person could get.

“What are you staring at, Jiyong?” Someone asked with a light tap on my shoulder, stopping me from my train of thoughts and finally picking up my gaze from my phone screen to look at the person who’s talking, none other than Youngbae.

“My girlfriend.” I chirped in a most playful way I could be, shrugging my shoulders nonchalantly when Youngbae squinted his eyes questioningly at me.

“Wh-what? Your girlfriend?” He asked loudly before snatching my phone from my hand to check what gotten me so immersed for the past few minutes. “Eunji? Jung Eunji?” He seems in disbelief, turning his head towards me. “You mean- Apink Jung Eunji is now your girlfriend again?” I nodded while showing my greatest smile even trying to show my nonexistent eyesmile.

A few seconds later, he still couldn’t register my answer but I gave him another firm nod with a gentler smile to look less-joking. “You must be joking! No- she is still very angry with you- and no she is not getting back together with you! Oh my goodness, Jiyong, get some sense.” He exhaled loudly, not having any of it even for a tiny bit.

“Youngbae, am I laughing at you now because of this joke?” I asked in reply still with that gentle smile.

“Nope.” He held my phone more tightly.

“Then I am not joking.” I said while looking at him in the eye to make him believe me, none of it is a lie. The fact is I am back with Eunji is one hundred truth, sounds like a joke to most people that knows about the problem that separate us apart, but honestly, to actually find a true love needs more than just something possible.

“You- are you serious with me? You’re not fuccin with me now right, Jiyong-ah?” His face lit up into something delighted and began to chuckle in happiness.

“She is back with me again, I first thought she must be joking too, but you know- we both love each other so much.” I explained as he hugged me so tightly, not giving a chance for me to move away from his giddy and warm hug.

“God, Jiyong. She is a true angel indeed then, you better fuccin treat her right this time- or I’m gonna disown you because, man-” He pointed his finger at me, of course, he wasn’t joking about it not when he has a brim of tears on his eyes.

“I got it, Youngbae-ya. You don’t need to worry, but yes, you can always nag me to always remember that promise.” He took a few seconds to stare into my eyes, looking for my honesty somewhere through my gaze before taking a seat on the couch beside me.

“When did you two get back together?”

“This Tuesday.”

“Tuesday? Like two days ago, Yong?”

I answered yep with a popping p in the end.

He turned to me with a pair of wide and glistening eyes, sure, he wanted to know more about it. I scoffed at his silly expression, but it didn’t take me a second to hide any secret from him, not Youngbae.

 

***

 

Like a thief being chased with a police, my car dashing through the morning street where just a few people have woke up and started their day. It was 6 in the morning and I was too late for my usual delivery time which was usually around 4 in the morning. But better be late than absent for just a day, there is no way I will skip a day of giving a gift to her. I have promised myself to keep delivering gifts myself all the way to her dorm every single day until the day she forgives me and there is nothing could stop me apart from schedule abroad.

It took a whole forty minutes long for me to drive from the florist to her dorm, I can’t even thank the florist properly for making such a beautiful tulips bouquet. I went out of my car and immediately ran to the elevator on the parking lot. The elevator went up in a quite annoying speed, it even stopped on the ground level. My hand immediately went up to fix my black mask on my face, made sure my identity remained unknown when I saw a couple of elder came in to the elevator too. 5th floor, the elevator stopped again, I gripped the bouquet tighter, anticipating if ever a teenager or someone younger might want to step into the elevator. Lucky for me, it was the elder’s floor, they stepped out of the elevator without minding about my presence, exactly what I need.

“Hurry.” I breathed behind my mask while pressing the 11button continuously, so the elevator won’t open for anyone else or stopping and making me getting even later.

I ran out of the elevator as soon as the doors opened, reveal a long and empty corridor because there’s only four apartments in this level including her dorm which was on the right side of the corridor. Still with my short breathe, I knocked on the door almost too loud for anyone’s liking, twice knocks at once, signing it was me who knocked on her dorm’s door. Looking down at the bouquet of yellow tulips I brought, I waited for anyone to answer the door, I wished it was either the youngest or the second youngest, because I am not in the mood to get continuous nag from the leader or ice cold water from the bestfriend. But what surprised me more when the door opened only to reveal the girl I have been wishing to meet.

“H-hey.” That word slipped out of my mouth almost automatically, it came out without much preparation. A smile slowly spread on my face when she answered my door, a strong contrast compared to her expressionless face.

“What are you doing here?” She asked and I just brought my hands up, showing her the bouquet I brought her.

“Here, today’s delivery. I am sorry, I am late, Eunji.” I grinned innocently as if it would melt her already cold heart.

She rolled her eyes with a heavy sigh, she absolutely look discontent with my presence but before she could protest we both heard a door’s sound from the far left side of the corridor. I widened my eyes in surprise, oh- no one can see her accepting gifts, even worse, no one can see me giving her flowers. Too much for my surprise, she immediately pulled me in and closed the door behind me before anyone could see. I watched her peeking through the peephole for a few seconds before turning to me with a glare.

“You should have got caught if I didn’t pull you in!” She hissed, oh lord, she looks dashing in just simple pajamas, her long black hair fell freely, beautiful. “Oppa, I am talking here!” She sighed and I chuckled softly, she is so cute.

“I am sorry, Ji. I didn’t meant to be late, but yesterday I just arrived from Japan. I told you on the message, didn’t i? Don’t tell me you don’t know, because I know you read it. It says on my phone.” I explained, my hands brought up to give her the bouquet.

True, it’s been a few days that we actually had casual texts. Although mostly it was just me who was talking and all she did was reading my messages. But it was more than enough for me after a few weeks spent without even her looking at my messages, this was much more than I could expect. She even sometimes texted me back, but of course not for something nice, it was mostly a sarcastic text or just one alphabet text, a k. But yes, I deserve it, so no, I am not protesting. However, to actually have her as the one who answered the door was a miracle, I never thought this would happen. Oh she didn’t know how much I miss seeing her in this kind of casual house outfits, she looks comfortable in it, and beautiful, that’s to be more precise.

“I told you to stop already, my room can’t contain more any of this.”

“There’s still pretty much room in this dorm till I get your forgiveness. You know I won’t stop till I get your forgiveness, right?”

“You are just so stubborn, I hate you.”

“I know and we somehow match because of our stubbornness.”

“Matched.”

“Ok, whatever you want to call it. But it’s really nice to see you, Ji.”

“Mhmm.” She replied shortly after finally taking a hold of the flower bouquet I bought. I followed her steps further to the dorm, there was no sign of people in it. I guess she was the only one that was on the dorm, that’s why she was the one who answered the door.

I was too busy looking around till I clashed on her body, I didn’t realize that she has stopped walking and just stood there before me. I to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter