#6

The Life as Seventeen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Learning the couple and some secrets[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]When they got back to the dorm, most of the members looked so tired because of the long ride and they also woke up a little early than usual that morning. Some members passed out on the bed without taking a bath. S.coups just let them to have a little rest before he rushed them to wash later on. He saw Hoshi sat at the corner with The8.

“Hoshi hyung~” Hoshi smiled a bit when The8 came closer and hugged him. For the days he came here, he already got used to The8’s touches and lucky it’s not yet dangerous to his identity.

“Why Myungho?”

“I got some homework for Hangul lesson.” The8 talked slowly, constructing his words. Hoshi found it cute when the younger stumbled upon formal and informal talk. Hoshi repeated his words and corrected his mistakes. The8 grinned. “So can you help me? Joshua hyung is tired and Jeonghan hyung fell asleep so I have no one to ask.” Hoshi smiled and patted the younger’s hair.

“Okay, I can help.” The8 beamed and ran to get his workbook. Hoshi’s eyes met S.coups’s. The leader just nodded and left to the kitchen. The8 returned and Hoshi helped him with the problems he couldn’t understand. Jun came out from the shower.

“Oh, are you doing the work, Minghao?” Jun asked in Chinese. The8 turned and nodded. Jun turned to Hoshi. “Can you help me too, Hoshi?” Hoshi smiled.

“My pleasure.” Jun nodded and went to his bedroom putting some clothes and getting his book. The Chinaline gave their all to finish the work and as well as understanding the language. Hoshi smiled inside. Lucky this is just level 1 stuff or I will be doomed as well. I often ask oppa, tho…

When the Chinaline finished, Hoshi left them and went to find the leader. S.coups came out from the kitchen and motioned to Hoshi’s room. Hoshi just nodded and walked to his room. The maknae line greeted good night when Hoshi passed by them. Hoshi greeted back and got into his room where S.coups followed after with the tablet in his hand. The door was locked.

They settled on Hoshi’s bed. S.coups opened some browsers on the tablet. Hoshi just watched. “What are you doing?”

“Verify something.” Hoshi furrowed his brows. S.coups touched here and there, and a website opened. A fansite. “Here.” He handed the tablet to Hoshi. Hoshi read the discussion board.

“Wow, fans are…”

“Imaginative, yes.” Hoshi shook his head and chuckled.

“They’re literally paired up everyone together.” Hoshi gave back the tablet. S.coups nodded.

“This is the discussion site I found where the fans around the world gathered and discussed for the official pair name so everyone will use the same name. But not all pairs are taken and mostly it will depend on the idols which pairs will stay.” Hoshi wrinkled.

“You mean?”

“You can see right they paired each of us with everyone within the members?” Hoshi nodded. “But among the pairs for that certain members, only few acceptable or in fans’ words, ‘shippable’.” Hoshi frowned. S.coups chuckled. “Let me set an example for you.”

“Okay.”

“Hoshi got paired with everyone but the names we always heard SoonSeok, SoonCheol and SoonHoon.” Hoshi recalled the name.

“SoonSeok is oppa and Seokmin. SoonCheol…oppa and you?” S.coups nodded. “And SoonHoon?”

“Soonyoung and Jihoon.” Hoshi frowned. S.coups chuckled before continued. “So from that example, you get what I mean? Just certain name will be famous and it’s because the closeness between the members. Your oppa are often seen on cameras or around the fans with three of us - Seokmin, me and Jihoon.” Hoshi looked at him.

“But oppa said he’s closed to the maknae.” S.coups smiled.

“Channie is an exception, because his pairing…almost all is the famous one.” Hoshi blinked. S.coups smiled. “Maknae is like that, and well you can see we’re 13 members in group that made us have one member has no pair. So most of the time, maknae will be the one.” Hoshi nodded.

“So tell me, which pairs are famous?” S.coups smiled and nodded.

“Might as well as let you know some secrets that your oppa knew too.” Hoshi raised his brow. “JiHan, Jisoo and Jeonghan. Soonyoung knew about Jeonghan likes Jisoo.” Hoshi blinked.

“Huh?” S.coups smiled a bit.

“Sorry to say, but there are members are- um yeah, you know likes boys.” Hoshi formed an O. “I hope you won’t get panicked or something for the things I’m going to let you know from now on, because your oppa knew and I should let you know too, at least won’t get in trouble.” Hoshi nodded.

“Okay, I’m opening my mind.” S.coups just smiled.

“Okay, JiHan done. Meanie, Mingyu and Wonwoo. Wonwoo likes Mingyu and often got jealous when Mingyu closed to someone else but Mingyu was just a clueless one. Soonyoung said he got hints that Mingyu likes Wonwoo as well because he often teased these two. You can say Meanie is his experimental subject.”

“Why is it?” S.coups stared at Hoshi.

“I didn’t know about that. You can ask him.” Hoshi nodded.

“The other famous couple is Chinaline aka JunHao. This one, I have no clue about the real situation. But you can see they’re closed because they’re both Chinese and often together, that’s why the fans paired them.” Hoshi nodded again. “Now the more vague case, SeungSol. Kwannie and Hansol. I don’t know how they got paired but probably because they’re maknaes and often playful on cameras together. Sometimes Channie came into the picture too, so just know that Channie paired with Kwannie or Hansol the most. By the way, in the real situation they’re all straight guys and Vernon hated skinship with men the most.” Hoshi nodded.

“If I counted SoonSeok as a famous pairing too, then it will leave you and Jihoon.” S.coups sighed and nodded.

“Yeah, SoonSeok is another famous pair because you and Seokmin are closed friend. And yup, JiCheol is another one left. I’m a closed friend to Jihoon and that’s how we ended up being the famous pair among other pairs I got.” Hoshi wrinkled when he noticed some changes in S.coups’s voice when he talked about Woozi and also the facial expression. Hoshi smirked.

“Hyung, do you by chance like Jihoon?” S.coups startled and stared at Hoshi. Hoshi grinned. “Oh, well. You say you never feel a thing for girls, so it might be because you like boys or literally because you’re attracted to Jihoon.” The leader took a breath and exhaled.

“That…I have no answer.” Hoshi raised his brow, waiting for the next word. “I don’t know about it, my real feelings for him. I have known Jihoon for a long time; he’s practically my first closed friend since he joined Pledis about five years ago. I’m here a year earlier and have no friend among the trainee. Well, I’m closed with other trainees but no one give me a vibe of reliable and good friend…until Jihoon came.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter