#12

The Life as Seventeen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Connecting the pieces[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Seungkwan left the practice room earlier as he felt his body was a bit sick and Wonwoo advised him to go back and have a rest. When Seungkwan arrived in front of their dorm’s door, he heard noises from inside.

“Move it, Dino! I don’t need your pity!” Seungkwan blinked and noticed it’s Vernon’s voice. Come to think, he felt sad when his closed friendship with Vernon changed after that day. He knew Vernon hates him because he likes guy. He understood that mixed-blood guy must feel betrayed when both of them once talked about that stuff and assured each other that they’re not gay as Vernon didn’t like- almost hate that kind of stuff. But Seungkwan broke that trust.

“But hyung, you need something, or more like someone to forget him! Yeri said one of the seniors she knows likes you. She is so pretty and nice, that senior.” Dino raised his voice a bit for the next word. “No matter what, I’m bringing you together tonight! I’m going to drag you to the double dinner date Yeri and I arranged for hyung.”

“I don’t want it! I don’t know her and I-” A slam heard. Seungkwan jumped when it’s so closed to the door; perhaps Vernon pushed Dino to the door. “I don’t have the confidence that I can forget him!”

Seungkwan blinked and tilted his head. Him?

“Wake up hyung! I don’t want you to keep faking your smile and happiness while you’re actually hurting inside! Kwannie hyung don’t even know you like him! So you should move on and I want to help you.” Seungkwan’s bag fell to the floor as he clasped his mouth, gasping. Those sounds were loud. Some noises heard inside and the door threw opened. Dino widened his eyes. “Hyung…”

Vernon came to the view and looked terrified when he saw Seungkwan in front of the door. The shocked expression of the other made Vernon sure he overheard their conversation just now. Seungkwan stepped back and quickly ran away. Dino huffed while Vernon pushed the maknae away. “You’re dead when I’m back, Dino.” Vernon spat out and quickly ran after Seungkwan, leaving Dino at the door. Dino sighed and his eyes fell on the neglected bag. He picked it up.

‘I didn’t mean this to happen.’ Dino sighed and pulled out his phone, dialling someone’s number. “Hey, Yeri ah. Miann, something comes up and I’m unable to bring Hansol hyung with me. Are you already on the way with Yein noona?” A pause silent as Dino waited for her to reply. “Oh no. I will go to you now, say sorry to noona.”

 

 

“Wait! Wait, Kwannie.” Vernon kept chasing behind the main vocalist. Seungkwan didn’t stop and keep running without thinking about his direction. Vernon tried to run faster but Seungkwan was still few steps before him no matter how hard he tried. Maybe God wants to help him a bit, Seungkwan misstep and tripped. Seungkwan tried to get up again but he groaned when he felt pain around his ankle. Vernon stopped beside Seungkwan and squatted down. Seeing the other, Seungkwan ignored his pain and tried to stand.

“Auch.” Seungkwan winced and almost stumbled but Vernon was quick to catch him.

“Are you okay? Did you hurt your leg?” Vernon asked, concerned. Seungkwan tried to push Vernon’s hand but he almost fell and Vernon tightened his hold. “I know you don’t want me to touch or help you, but don’t be stubborn. You can’t stand properly by your own right now.” Vernon said in his firm tone. Seungkwan bit his lips and cursed himself inside.

“Let me go.”

“No.” Vernon held Seungkwan’s hand to support him and squatted back in front of the other. “Come on, get on my back.” Seungkwan frowned.

“No.” He moved and tried to walk but again almost tripped himself. Lucky Vernon’s reflex was fast.

“Please don’t be stubborn!” Seungkwan flinched. Vernon sighed and pulled Seungkwan to fall on his back before the rapper picked him up, piggy-backed the vocalist. Seungkwan startled. “About what you heard, we talked later. Let’s treat your leg first before it gets worst. Seventeen needs your dance too not your voice alone.” Vernon said softly as he began to direct back to their dorm. Seungkwan stayed silent behind the other. Vernon also didn’t try to say anything. After a minute silence, the vocalist decided to talk.

“Did the maknae say the truth?” Seungkwan asked timidly. He didn’t know what and how to react if that’s the truth. Vernon exhaled.

“Let’s talk later, Kwannie.”

“Please, just answer me that. Do you really like me?”

“Seungkwan.”

“Tell me now, Hansol and I won’t ask more until you want to talk about it.” Vernon huffed.

“Boo Seungkwan, can you-”

“Now, Chwe Hansol.” Seungkwan relayed the strictness in his voice. Vernon sighed and he timidly nodded. Seungkwan stiffened to the reaction and the rest of the journey to the dorm was silent.

 

 

“Huh? What happens?” Jun was in the dorm when Vernon arrived with Seungkwan on his back.

“He hurts his ankle. Can you help me bringing the first aid kit to my room, Jun hyung?” Jun nodded and walked to the kitchen to get the first aid kit. Vernon took Seungkwan to his room. At that time, Wonwoo, Mingyu, The8 and DK arrived at the door. Jun came out from the kitchen with the kit, noticing the new-arrived members. The8 raised his brow when he saw Jun with the first aid kit.

“Did you hurt yourself, Junhui ge?” The8 asked in Chinese. Jun flashed a smile and answered in Hangul, to let the rest understood as well.

“It’s not me but Seungkwan, he hurts his ankle.” Jun went to Vernon’s room. Vernon thanked him and took the kit. Jun left as Vernon convinced him he could treat the ankle by himself. Jun returned to the living room.

“Is he okay?” DK asked. Jun nodded.

“I think he’s fine.” Wonwoo, The8 and Mingyu entered their shared room with Vernon. Wonwoo raised his brow when he noticed the tensed air inside. Vernon was applying soothing gel and massaging the ankle while Seungkwan was hissing in pain. The three looked at each other before decided to let them be and went to get their cloth to take a bath. Again Vernon and Seungkwan were left alone in the room. Vernon got up when he done massaging the ankle and went to his stuff, searching for something. Got what he wanted, he returned to Seungkwan who was sitting on his bed.

“Use this to reduce the tension on your leg.” Vernon handed the ankle guard. Seungkwan silently slipped it on his hurting ankle. Vernon stayed sitting on the floor, facing Seungkwan. Seungkwan took a breath after a moment of silence.

“Now, can we talk?”

“Yeah…” Vernon sighed. “Look, about what Dino…”

“You nodded to my question earlier.” Vernon sighed.

“Yeah, that is one thing and-”

“Are you perhaps distancing yourself from me because of that, not because you hate me for liking a guy?” Vernon looked up.

“At fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter