#25

The Life as Seventeen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]February, month of love[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]A month passed by and Valentine’s Day was just around the corner. Seventeen had finished recording all the tracks on their new mini album for end of March comeback but they didn’t go for dance yet. No one knew what S.coups had done to reach an agreement with their CEO regarding that but the boys were able to delay their comeback date and also the dance practice. The performance team had created their dance a bit here and there, not fully completed as they agreed to wait for their leader polishing every move of the new title track. DK was going back and forth from the dorm and Soonyoung’s house the passing weeks. Soonyoung warned him to stop coming as he could handle himself (beside he had his assistant) but DK knew much that Soonyoung gave warning because he felt uncomfortable to let DK going back and forth. DK didn’t listen tho because he wanted to stay by Soonyoung’s side along the way of treatment. Soonyoung’s leg completely healed a week ago and he was able to dance again. Soonyoung had spent his free time dancing (as he took a leave from attending university) together with DK sometimes (DK also took a month leave from school) and he began to feel alive again.

Mr. Shin and the assistant had taken care of Seungjin. The guy was arrested and received his punishment by law two weeks ago. They were able to use Soonyoung’s statement (from his hypnotherapy with the doctor) about everything Seungjin had done and they also found out Seo Jimin’s story. The said guy had come to the court as a witness and also victim. They tried to find Kang Jinseok for more evidences when Soonyoung mentioned the guy in the therapy session but they found out Jinseok died a year ago, he’s a suicidal because of mental instability out of guilt for what had happened to Soonyoung. Jinseok had mental issues since the incident and he had been ill for few years already until he committed suicide last year. From all those incidents and evidences, the judges sentenced Seungjin to be jailed for his whole life and fined for some amount. The Kims was very unhappy with everything and ashamed of what happened. The father had begged for forgiveness few times and asked to meet Soonyoung directly but Mr. Shin refused him because he didn’t want to cause another tragedy. The Kims understood and the father was really mad at his son, disregard the guy. Seungjin didn’t say a word in each court session but staring down in fault and guilt. The only time he was talking is when he admitted his fault and began to apologize to Soonyoung (who wasn’t there at all) countless time. Mr. Shin and the assistant didn’t tell about this all to Soonyoung and everything was just like passing by them like a wind. Seungjin’s name buried and never mentioned in the household anymore. Jimin also was prevented by Mr. Shin to come visiting Soonyoung for a mean while.

“Rise up guys!” Seungkwan’s voice rang through the dorm. Another day had started and the maknaes needed to wake up for their school. Seungkwan did his duty to wake everyone and thanks to Hoshi’s help, everyone was much awake for school.

“Who wants delicious breakfast today?” Hoshi asked as he peeked out from the kitchen’s door.

“Me!” Dino and The8 chorused from somewhere. Seungkwan hummed from the room, he was wearing the uniform. Mingyu and Vernon were in bathroom, bathing. Hoshi nodded and emerged back into the kitchen. Since his real identity was revealed, he had taken the cooking job (he made breakfast and dinner most of the time) for all the members. The once deserted kitchen turned livelier thanks to him.

The maknaes were rushing up as they’re afraid to be late. Vernon squeaked from his room. “Oh my gosh, who snatched my coat?” That picked up Dino’s interest.

“Who will snatch it tho, Hansol hyung? We attend different school from you.” Dino said.

“I wear mine.” The8 who went to the same school as Vernon said. Vernon looked at the elder.

“Aish, damn it. It’s still freaking cold outside.” Vernon groaned. Seungkwan came towards them and tossed something to Vernon’s face. Vernon grunted. “Yah, what- oh!”

Seungkwan squinted his eyes. “I don’t know how and why your coat lied on my bed tho.” Seungkwan said and sighed. “Arrange your thing well a little more, can’t you? If Yein knows this, I bet she’s thinking twice or more to date you for real.” Vernon glared at him.

“Shut up, you stupid.” Seungkwan laughed and left. Vernon sighed and slipped into his coat before following everybody into the kitchen. Hoshi had done cooking and everyone sat down for the breakfast. Hoshi joined them as he sat beside Seungkwan. The younger vocalist smiled happily.

“I love having your cooking every morning, Youngie.” Hoshi just chuckled. The other groaned.

“We’re eating, thank you for the excessive sweet.” Vernon who was still having a little grudge said. Seungkwan stuck out his tongue and clung onto Hoshi’s arm tightly. Dino just chuckled while Mingyu decided to be a pain in the .

“Get a room.” Hoshi looked at Mingyu.

“I need to remind you that too, Mingyu.” Mingyu rolled his eyes. Hoshi just chuckled while The8 looked at them.

“Please, don’t do weird thing! If so, lock the door.” The8 grumbled as he can’t move on from JiHan’s incident. To that, everyone laughed. Hoshi sighed in between.

“Yeah, that’s surely giving a big scar. Jeez.” Hoshi said. Seungkwan pouted.

“Don’t ever remember about that, noona.” Hoshi turned to his boyfriend. He chuckled.

“Arasseo.” Hoshi placed a kiss on the cheek and Seungkwan blushed. The rest groaned in the background and quickly finished their breakfast. Hoshi sent them out to the door and shared a peck on the lips with Seungkwan where everybody can’t stop groaning over that. The dorm turned silence again when the maknaes already left to their school. Hoshi began to wake one by one member left, for starting their day.

 

 

“What are you doing for Valentine, Mingyu hyung?” Seungkwan asked when he, Mingyu and Dino walked together to their school from the bus stop. Mingyu turned to Seungkwan.

“Uh? Valentine? Eum, I didn’t think of it yet.” Mingyu blinked. “What day is today?”

“Tuesday, February 9.” Dino said bluntly. Seungkwan turned to the maknae.

“Aren’t you preparing something for your girlfriend, Channie?” Dino sighed.

“I can’t, Yeri has full day schedule a day before until the day after Valentine.” Dino pouted. Seungkwan aww-ed and pitied the younger. “So don’t mention Valentine to me.” Dino warned. Mingyu grinned.

“Nah, I’m sure everyone is going to tease you if they know.” Dino frowned.

“Don’t tell them then hyung!” Dino whined. Mingyu chuckled and shrugged. Seungkwan shook his head.

“As if this guy will listen to your word, Channie.” Seungkwan said. They arrived at the school and Mingyu as usual joined his friends who waited for him around the entrance. Seungkwan and Dino walked together, talking about other topic than Valentine even though the main vocalist was itching to ask some opinion. He wanted to do something for Hyeyoung but nothing came to his mind now. He was inexperience in dating stuff as he didn’t date much before (perhaps just two or three times, a short period only). Seungkwan opted to ask Soonyoung later what Hyeyoung would like for Valentine.

 

 

“Soo~” Jeonghan cooed at his boyfriend. Joshua turned.

“Yes, baby?” He asked in English. Jeonghan pouted.

“Stop paying attention on your guitar, look at me.” Jeonghan whined. Joshua raised his brow.

“Are you kidding me? Are you jealous of my guitar now, Yoon Jeonghan?” Jeonghan grumbled and thrashed on the floor of the practice room. Both of them decided to spend some time practicing vocal together so here they are. Joshua chuckled to see the cute act of his boyfriend. “So cute~”

“Hong Jisoo, I’m serious!” Jeonghan shouted. Joshua laughed and settled the guitar next to him before coming down to the floor from the couch he was sitting. He lay on his side; palm pressed his chin as he looked at Jeonghan with loves. Jeonghan stared at him back.

“Better?” Jeonghan grinned.

“Better.” The long haired male reached for a kiss. Joshua didn’t mind and kiss him back. Like always, a simple kiss led to a bigger mess. Now the two began to making out in the practice room. The kissing sound resonated in the room.

“Oh gosh! I knew it!” The two startled and separated when they heard a voice, afraid that was their manager. Thanks to Lord, it’s just their leader. S.coups stomped in and closed the door hard. Sensing the anger, Jeonghan and Joshua quickly sat properly on the floor waiting for the leader’s next word. “Yoon Jeonghan, Hong Jisoo! What did I say about this before, hum? Are you taking this lightly?!  What if the manager came in just now?” S.coups roared. The two gulped.

“We…em, we didn’t mean it. We just carried away…” Jeonghan said softly. He knew they’re in fault. S.coups had reminded all of them not to do weird and suspicious things outside the dorm (when the manager is not around obviously), afraid that they will get caught by the managers or worst other people; rumours can bring them down at once. The leader even stretched that if any of them broke that rule, he’s going to give them a punishment. And Jeonghan didn’t like how it sounded.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter