#20

The Life as Seventeen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Memories of Kwon Soonyoung[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Soonyoung groaned. He managed to send the assignment on time but got a new assignment for today’s class and it’s on the subject he hated. When he knew Hyeyoung got accepted into this university as pure science student, he didn’t feel at ease. He’s not good with science so he struggled to live up his sister’s genius reputation (even though he didn’t need to work hard so much as the one who will take the exam later not himself, he still wanted give her sister good marks in all assignments so his sister could pass with good grades). Soonyoung carried his bag on his back and a book in his hand while other hand held tightly his walking stick, heading to the library to find some resources for the assignment.

He entered the peaceful library and began to walk to the aisle of thick books. Soonyoung wasn’t fond of it but he tried to. He found the section he was searching and began to look on the title. He noticed a book he was searching was on the top of the shelf and he needed the stool to climb up. He searched around and found one. Without delaying he brought it closer and stepped on it. Reaching for the book, Soonyoung sighed as he couldn’t reach it yet. He tiptoed a bit and stretched up. He smiled when he got the book but thanks to the tip-toeing, his injured leg felt a pain and Soonyoung became imbalanced on the stool. He gasped when he fell closing his eyes shut waiting for the impact. But it didn’t come and he jerked in pure shock when he heard a familiar voice. “Be careful next time. I won’t always be here to catch you.” Soonyoung opened his eyes wide in shock. The person made him stable on his own feet while Soonyoung froze to see the one before his eyes.

“Ji-Jimin sunbae.” The senior smiled. Soonyoung gulped as fear clouded his mind. He looked around; assuring himself he was safe and away from danger. Nothing will harm him and this meeting with the one he knew since young won’t be ugly. Soonyoung took a sharp breath.

“I don’t know you attend this university, Soonyoung ah.” Soonyoung froze. Damn, he made a mistake by revealing himself. He supposed to be Hyeyoung right here.

“Ah, sorry. But I’m Hyeyoung.” Soonyoung cleared his throat, pretending. The elder frowned and furrowed his brow on the younger. Soonyoung gulped.

“Hyeyoung? But-”

“I’m Hyeyoung. Soonyoung oppa was busy with his idol life so he didn’t attend any university yet.” Soonyoung sounded more confident right now. The senior, Jimin was still furrowing but he nodded nevertheless.

“Oh, okay. I’m mistaken then. Nice to see you, Hyeyoung ah.” Soonyoung nodded. “So what major are you?”

“Pure science.” Jimin nodded. “Sunbae?”

Jimin smiled. “Medic. But I’m a freshmen so no need to call me sunbae, Hyeyoung ah.” Hyeyoung blinked.

“Eh? But you’re an A student and-” Jimin chuckled.

“Soonyoung didn’t tell you? I got expelled during my last year in junior high and I couldn’t attend school for half a year. And that makes me graduated the same year as you twins.” Soonyoung frowned. He didn’t know that.

“Uh? Why?” Jimin smiled.

“I don’t know if Soonyoung ever tell you about someone…but let say he did. I got expelled because of that certain someone when actually I’m the victim and I fell in comma for nine months, thanks to him.” Soonyoung’s face was blank, pure shock. He just knew who was that someone. An old flame burnt. He had been lying to me all this time. He…

“I don’t know about it, sorry sunbae. Let’s meet around later, I have class.” Soonyoung bowed and left quickly, his tears threatened to fall. Jimin blinked, unable to stop the younger. Somehow he still had doubt that the one before him just now was the twin sister because Hyeyoung never call him sunbae, only Soonyoung did. Jimin moved his legs when he realized, trying to find Soonyoung again but he already left without trace. Jimin sighed. ‘Is he still…haunted by the past?’

Soonyoung fell miserably behind the tree at the backyard of the university. It’s the quietest place there and Soonyoung didn’t spend a second to stop his tears from flowing. He cried in agony for everything he had faced this entire long. His hatred grew bigger and Soonyoung doubted he could ever suppress and hide all those memories back like he did for few years now. He had always kept it under disguise of his cheerful self, no one ever see or know how broken he is inside. How big his fear had developed because of those hurtful memories. It played in his mind like a broken tape.

 

 

Few years back

Soonyoung took a breath and entered the Taekwondo clubroom. He had been called and he knew why. Soonyoung was expected himself to be expelled from the club because of his recent attitude. But he had no desire to fix it; he had lost his soul since he met Seungjin.

Soonyoung blinked in surprise when he met eyes with a senior of his in the club, not their coach like he was expected. “Jimin sunbae?” Jimin smiled.

“Yes it’s me.” Soonyoung exhaled.

“I thought the coach called me.”

“Almost but I said I want to talk with you first, as the club’s president.” Soonyoung looked down when Jimin looked at him with a careful gaze. “What happened to you, Soonyoung? You skipped so many practices in these few months.” Soonyoung stayed silent. “Is this has to do with that bastard Seungjin?” Soonyoung jumped to the name.

“A-aniyeo, sunbae. I- I just- I-”

“He did something to you right? The rumour kept going around about you and him. But I didn’t believe any of it because I know you. But there’s something you didn’t tell me or your family. If one of those rumours is true, I think Seungjin threatened you. Am I right?” Soonyoung bit his lips. He was warned by Seungjin not to say anything or he will get a punishment. A punishment he didn’t want to think because he knew exactly it won’t be good. Enough with the torment he got every day after school. Soonyoung fell into his own darkness again.

Jimin stared at Soonyoung for a while, analyzing the boy. He had been worried about Soonyoung who drifted apart since he entered second year. Jimin could tell it’s because of Seungjin. He wanted to help but he didn’t have power. He thought Seungjin just bullied Soonyoung like the previous male students in that bastard’s radar but Soonyoung, he knew something is not right.

Soonyoung and Jimin were friends for long already; he had been neighbours to Kwon’s family since they’re kids. For him, the twins were just like his own younger brother and sister. He protected them all this time but right now he felt helpless in Soonyoung’s case. He didn’t know whether the family knew about Soonyoung but he doubt they know because he understood Soonyoung so much. Soonyoung is not a type to burden anyone else.

Jimin squinted his eyes when he spotted a dried tiny scar on Soonyoung’s neck when he moved. As if the younger noticed the stare, Soonyoung quickly hid it under his collar by fixing it. “What’s that?”

“W-what?” Soonyoung cursed himself from stuttering. Jimin moved closer to him. Soonyoung quickly stepped back and in defence. He wasn’t hesitated to use his Taekwondo skill even though he knew it’s a futile move with the elder who much stronger and skilful than him.

It didn’t prolong much when Jimin easily locked Soonyoung to the floor while sitting on the younger’s stomach lightly. Soonyoung tried to resist when Jimin opened a button and pushed it over to see Soonyoung’s skin. He blinked when he noticed red marks and dried scars. Jimin opened more buttons and gasped to see more marks, new and old. “W-what, h-how, w-who did this?” Jimin stuttered. As Soonyoung felt the elder let his guard down, he pushed him away and stood up quickly buttoning his shirt. Jimin struggled to say something. “Soonyoung, tell hyung what happened!” Jimin succeeded to recover from his shock and Soonyoung knew Jimin had been more serious with dropping the formality.

“Nothing. It’s nothing. Don’t mind me.” Soonyoung said and quickly wanted to leave. But Jimin didn’t let him.

“No, Soonyoung. Tell me what happened. He did that, right?” Soonyoung shook his head hard.

“No, no. Let me alone, hyung. Please….” Soonyoung begged. Jimin sensed his fear and the grip loosened. The younger was leaving with his last words. “Don’t bother about it. Don’t do anything that will harm you, Jimin hyung.”

Jimin stared at the closed door. His grip tightened as he could hear a sob within the last word. Jimin stormed out from the clubroom and quickly marched to his class. “Kim Seungjin!” Everybody stared at Jimin in shock. Seungjin looked up with a bored look, as if he knew it will happen sooner or later. Jimin was flared with anger and grabbed the collar, bringing Seungjin up. The audience was gasping but no one made a movement to stop them.

Seungjin smirked. “Yes, anything Seo Jimin?” Jimin growled.

“You stupid tard. What have you done to Soonyoung actually, hah?!” Jimin roared and punched Seungjin. Seungjin fell onto the table and then floor. He chuckled lightly as he rubbed his sore jaw.

“You have guts to punch me.”

“You bastard piece of ! Answer me you idiot!” Seungjin smirked.

“What do you think I have done, hum?” Jimin glared at Seungjin. Seungjin laughed. “Because whatever you did imagined it is beyond that.” Jimin didn’t spare any second to just punch Seungjin again and again. The others were frozen, gasping and scared by Jimin’s unstoppable anger. What scared them the most, Seungjin was just laughing with each punch he received.

The fight had lead Jimin to be expelled (everyone didn’t get shock by that because Jimin dug his own grave for beaten up the influential Kim Seungjin). But what they didn’t know, Jimin was beaten up by Seungjin’s men outside the school and sent to the hospital. He was injured badly and in comma. Soonyoung didn’t know about that as Seungjin only told him Jimin was expelled when Soonyoung asked him in anger for the truth (which he didn’t get a good result after that, another torment he got from Seungjin). Soonyoung felt as bad as he’s the reason Jimin punched Seungjin and got expelled. He didn’t hide his scars, he made a mistake. Soonyoung swore he won’t be stupid anymore to get someone else involved in the crazy, suffocated connection he had with Kim Seungjin.

 

 

“ you Kim Seungjin. .” Soonyoung cursed. He wiped his unstoppable tears, he hated that he had been so weak recently and the thought of Seungjin kept hauntin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter