#24

The Life as Seventeen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Step by step[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Soonyoung played with his fingers as he waited for the doctor to step in. DK was waiting outside; the elder didn’t let him in. He felt a bit bad for making DK waited outside but he couldn’t be at ease when he knew DK was in there listening through the session.

Today was one of his treatment days. He visited the hospital for quite frequently in these few days just for his trauma treatment. He didn’t have any appointment with the doctor who diagnosed his injured leg until the end of this month.

“Hi there, Soonyoung goon.” Soonyoung looked up and he curled up his lips upon seeing the smiley male in white coat. He always found the doctor was amazing and comfortable to be with. Perhaps his personality and smiles made him a successful psychiatrist in which made Soonyoung could open up very well leading to a smooth session (even though not that smooth when there were few times Soonyoung broke down to the memories).

“Hi, doc.”

“How are you today?”

“Great I may say. I don’t get dreams…my sleep is just blank.” Soonyoung smiled a little. “I sleep very well compared to before.” The doctor nodded as he checked the paper in the file.

“That’s great. Getting much sleep helps you to feel at ease and have more control on your emotion.” Soonyoung nodded. The doctor looked up to him. “Let’s change the theme for today’s treatment. As your mood is going great today.” Soonyoung stared at him.

“What we will do, doc?” The doctor smiled.

“Tell me about your happiest moment in your life. It’s fine whether just happened few hours ago or way years back. Just anything, Soonyoung goon.” Soonyoung nodded lightly and stared somewhere blankly, trying to remember his happiest moment. A smile formed as he started his story.

 

Few years ago

“Hey Soonyoung, meet the new addition to our team.” Soonyoung pulled off his earphones and looked up to the eldest in the team, Seungcheol. Soonyoung noticed a new guy standing beside him. He furrowed his brow.

A smile was given and Soonyoung blinked to the blinding smile. It looked stupid at a first glance but that smile had it own charm and Soonyoung attracted to it. “Hi, I’m Lee Seokmin, the new addiction. I’m in vocal line and Seungcheol hyung said I’m younger than you, so can I call you hyung?” Seokmin said and stretched out his hand. Soonyoung blinked few times and regained his composure when Jihoon who sat beside him nudged him.

“Don’t be too intimidating to newcomer, Soonyoung ah.” Jihoon said. Soonyoung frowned as he turned to Jihoon.

“That’s your thing, Jihoonie.” Jihoon rolled his eyes. Seungcheol cleared his throat.

“Duh, not nice making people waiting, Kwon Soonyoung.” Soonyoung startled and blushed as he turned back to Seokmin. He apologized as he took Seokmin’s hand, shaking it. Seokmin flashed another smile.

“It’s okay, hyung.” Soonyoung looked at him. “Hyung is okay for you, right?”

Soonyoung dumbly nodded. “Yeah, it’s fine.” Seokmin grinned and their hand pulled away. Soonyoung could feel the tingle from the touch and he missed that tiny warmth already. Seokmin bowed as he said hi to Jihoon and then left following Seungcheol to be introduced to the rest. Soonyoung’s eyes followed every of the new tall male’s movement. He quickly came to his sense when a flash of face came into his mind.

 

“Soonyoung goon.” Soonyoung sniffled and wiped his tears.

“I’m sorry, doc. I don’t know why…I-” Soonyoung exhaled. It was indeed his happiest moment, the first time he met DK who later became his closest friend and made him feel a little bit stronger not a loner. But a tiny piece of thing he forgot, how the dark memory haunted him when he realized he attracted to DK in a way that he was feared of.

“It’s fine, Soonyoung goon. I know you might mix things up.” Soonyoung shook his head.

“It’s real. I still remember clearly when…I began to notice I fall in love with Seokmin and Seu- that guy’s word played in my head over and over again. I kept a distance between me and Seokmin because of his word. I don’t want to admit my feeling and even I noticed Seokmin likes me back but I don’t want to face it. I’m afraid…he will come and break me again like what happen before. I- I still can’t forget that day…” Soonyoung’s words died down as he sobbed hard. The doctor quickly stood and moved to Soonyoung’s side, rubbing his back.

“Don’t cry, boy. He doesn’t deserve your tears.”

“Can I let it go, doc? Can I really get out from that haunting memory? Will I be fine, doc? Will I?” The doctor felt his breath stopped when Soonyoung looked up to him, a wet face and hopeful eyes. The doctor smiled warmly and nodded. He grabbed tissues from his desk and wiped Soonyoung’s tears.

“You will, believe me. You will. You’re strong and amazing. And you know that, boy.” Soonyoung bit his lips as he dried his face. The doctor patted Soonyoung’s back. “Give yourself a trust, Soonyoung.” He nodded lightly and the doctor let Soonyoung calm down before continuing their session today.

 

 

“Hyeyoung?” The faded-blonde turned and found Jun few steps away. Hoshi formed a smile. “Why are you here all alone?”

“Thinking.” Jun stood beside Hoshi and both of them watched the sunset from the rooftop. “Why you came up here, Jun?”

“Just because I want some fresh air. I thought you were with Kwannie at the pantry.” Hoshi just smiled mildly.

“Need some time alone.”

“Are you worrying about Soonyoung, Hyeyoung ah?” Hoshi nodded. He couldn’t deny that. Jun exhaled. “He will be fine, all of us believed that.”

“I know. I believe it too but I just can’t stop worrying.” Jun turned to him.

“We heard from Seokmin that Soonyoung is doing great day by day. You shouldn’t worry. And you believe Seokmin to take care of him.” Hoshi smiled a bit and looked up to the sky.

“Yeah, I do. Because I notice oppa needs different kind of care and love that I never could give him.” Jun blinked and tilted his head. Hoshi chuckled as he saw that. “I mean, love from a lover. I never can be his lover, right? I just can give him a love as siblings. But he needed more. A love that can make him happy forever, a love that only his. That kind of love, Seokmin is the one.” Jun formed an O.

“That’s why you make Seokmin stayed.” Hoshi nodded.

“I notice how strong their love for each other from the first time Seokmin was able to calm down oppa that day. How oppa looked at him when I see them, I realized oppa loves Seokmin so much but he kept denying it, because of his fear. And I think as his forever supporter, I should let them have their time together. I know they will be great together.”

“You’re such an angel, Hyeyoung ah. You’re so sensitive when comes to your twin.” Hoshi chuckled.

“That’s what a twin you called for.” Jun smiled and patted Hoshi’s back.

“Come down when you feel better. Once again, Hyeyoung. Don’t worry much.” Hoshi nodded.

“Thanks Jun. You feel like a mother here.” Jun laughed.

“Before we debuted and Doyoon hyung left plus our ‘father’ gets himself a ‘Woozi’, I’m the second mother of the group.” Hoshi laughed.

“Okay, I get it.” Jun smiled and waved a goodbye as he disappeared behind the door. Hoshi turned back to the scenery, night had come. Not long after Jun had gone, someone stepped outside.

“I hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter