#5

The Life as Seventeen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Let out the secret to Coups[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Few days before

“Are you okay oppa?” Soonyoung nodded and smiled. Hyeyoung sighed. “I’m sorry oppa. Just if I’m a male…” Soonyoung hissed and stared at his sister.

“Don’t say that. I’m your brother and I’m the one who supposed to protect you. I’m worried about mom and dad.” Hyeyoung sighed.

“I hope they will be fine somewhere.” Soonyoung nodded, prayed for the best too. “I’m glad uncle helps us…I thought he will ignore us till the end.” Soonyoung sighed, thinking of his now wrecked family.

Their father, Mr. Kwon recently failed in his business and had a large amount of debt with a loan shark. The Kwon practically announced bankrupt and they were chased down by the loan shark’s men. Soonyoung who stayed away from home didn’t know this thing happened up till Hyeyoung called him one time that led Soonyoung to disappear from the group.

Mr. and Mrs. Kwon ran away to distract the loan shark from coming after their daughter and cut off any connection with Soonyoung as well. As the parents went missing, Hyeyoung stayed in a small house bought by the parents for hiding her and continued her school. But the luck wasn’t on them when one of the loan shark’s men found Hyeyoung and chased after her. That’s when Hyeyoung called Soonyoung for help. The brother helped her as well as called their rich uncle, their mother’s elder brother for help. As their uncle was reluctant to help, Soonyoung was beaten up into pulp and his right leg was badly injured. Seeing that before his eyes, their uncle can’t just ignore them and felt bad so he helped in the end. He even paid the treatment for the twin because he felt guilty and responsible on what had happened to the twin. The uncle took them in, giving them a life because he’s the reason Soonyoung got badly injured. He also promised the twin to find their parents so they can reunite, their uncle wanted to do the right thing for his stupidity ignoring them at first.

And then, Soonyoung proposed to Hyeyoung to replace him because he can’t go back to his life with the injured leg. The doctor said he can’t recover in short period and probably need at most one year for him to be able dancing again. Their uncle didn’t agree for their switching at first but Hyeyoung knew Soonyoung’s sole dream is to become well-known dancer and the title ‘Seventeen Hoshi’ gave him a way to his dream, the sister agreed to do it for her brother. The uncle can’t say anything more and promised to help them when they needed him.

“You’re going to be Hoshi tomorrow.” Soonyoung said to Hyeyoung after a short silence. Hyeyoung turned to his brother. Their hands linked. Hyeyoung looked up to the sky.

“I’ll be fine, right?”

“You will. You’re good as I am in dancing, everything will be fine.” Hyeyoung turned to her brother.

“I never know the skill that I thought useless will be very important soon.” Soonyoung smiled and patted her arm. He turned his wheelchair facing Hyeyoung’s seat. Hyeyoung’s eyes fell on Soonyoung’s casted leg.

“I’m glad that I teach you how to dance before.”

“But I’m not good as much as you.” Soonyoung smiled and held her hand.

“But you’re my sister, my twin. You’re my other half, you will be great. Just trust oppa on that. You can always call me if you’re in trouble. If…if we have to tell the truth in the end, I don’t mind.”

“But then you will…”

“I can’t put you in danger. If it’s hard for you or you’re being discovered, tell me first. I will take care of it and won’t involve you at all. Promise me you will let me know first.” Hyeyoung looked at her brother.

“Neh.” Soonyoung smiled and hugged his beloved twin.

“Gomawo, Hyeyoung ah. For accepting the crazy idea of mine.”

“I don’t want oppa to lose your dream, I did say that.” Soonyoung released her.

“I know. Gom-”

“Stop thanking me and let’s enjoy our last moment as ourselves.” Soonyoung nodded and turned to the sky like Hyeyoung did. Their hands intertwined, waiting for tomorrow and their future anxiously.

“Good luck, Hoshi.” Soonyoung whispered to Hyeyoung.

“Good luck too, Hyeyoung.” Hyeyoung smiled without turning to her brother. The silence filled up the space on the hospital’s rooftop.

 

 

S.coups stared at the person in front of him. “So, Soonyoungie is living as you right now?” Hoshi nodded.

“Oppa stayed with our uncle in our hometown. He’s safe and currently doing the rehab for his leg as well as attending the school for me, finishing the month before the graduation.” Hoshi exhaled. S.coups took a breath.

“I- We never know Hoshi had a twin. He never mention about you…or probably his whole family. He rarely talked about family things except about his mother when he missed her.” Hoshi smiled lightly.

“Oppa is a happy-go-lucky type and didn’t like to burden anyone, so he’s likely to keep everything to himself. So he rarely talked about family with others. We’re the same, I rarely mention him to my friends also and that makes us a smooth way to do this switching because not many people around me and him know we have twin.” Hoshi explained. S.coups nodded. “So…hyung. Can you please keep this as a secret? I didn’t want oppa to lose his dream…he will be back soon. I will just stay here for a while, probably a year.” Hoshi plead. S.coups looked at him. He exhaled.

“I know Hoshi for quite long. He’s a good kid who worked hard for his dream. And I know how valuable his position right now in the group for him.” S.coups inhaled. “I will help.” Hoshi blinked and broke into a big smile.

“Chincha?” S.coups nodded. “Gomawo, hyung!” Hoshi lunged for a hug. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter