#21

The Life as Seventeen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]The reason, the truth[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Few years back

Soonyoung entered his new class; he began his third year in junior high today. He was still lacked with enthusiasm coming to school as the students still gave him disgust looks and yet he didn’t get out from Seungjin’s grasp even though that senior already entered high school. Seungjin still found his way to come into his life and Soonyoung knew his effort to get away wasted all the time he tried.

The first bell rang and the class settled down. Not long after that, the homeroom teacher came in with a guy in same school uniform followed behind her. “Morning class. Nice to meet you all again in a new semester. Anyway you have a newcomer to join you in this class, so treat him well. You may introduce yourself.” The new student nodded and smiled to the class. He bowed slightly.

“Annyeonghaseyeo, Kang Jinseok imnida. Hope we can be friends.” The new guy, Jinseok said. The teacher nodded and beckoned him to sit at the empty place in front of Soonyoung. Soonyoung didn’t give his attention at all to the new guy until the teacher left after taking attendance and Jinseok turned to him after greeting guy beside him. “Hi. What’s your name? I’m Jinseok.” Jinseok said. Soonyoung just looked at him blankly before ignoring him. Jinseok wrinkled and his seat mate quickly got his attention, talking in hushed tone. Soonyoung ignored even though he could guess the seat mate was filling up the new guy about himself. He ignored the whole class along the way and just listened to the lesson a little bit here and there even though he didn’t have the heart for it. But still he wanted to past his junior high so he needed to learn, at least a bit.

The recess bell rang and all of the students excitedly hurried to the café. Soonyoung made no attempt to get up from his seat, knowing today will be different without Seungjin came taking him to the café. Soonyoung felt a bit relief at least he won’t see Seungjin too much per day even though he knew the elder will find him after school. “Hey. Aren’t you going out?” Soonyoung flinched when someone tapped his hand. He looked up just to meet eyes with the new guy. Jinseok smiled. “Come on, it’s not good having an empty stomach all day.” Soonyoung frowned when Jinseok pulled him up dragging him to the café. Just before they were far from the class, Soonyoung pulled his hand as he noticed some students around there giving a look at him and the new guy. Jinseok raised his brow.

“What are you doing? I think your seat mate already told you who I am.” Soonyoung hissed. Jinseok looked at him and hummed.

“Yeah, some tales. I don’t quite believe it.” Soonyoung frowned.

“You have to believe it and leave me alone.” Soonyoung said and walked back to the class. But a hand stopped him.

“Nah, I just believe what I want to. And come on, you shouldn’t starve yourself.” Jinseok pulled Soonyoung with him. Soonyoung jerked a bit when his face hit Jinseok’s back. The other chuckled to the clumsiness. “Sorry, I didn’t control my strength. You’re alright, isn’t it?” Jinseok said as he smiled. Soonyoung startled when Jinseok touched his hair. He could feel warmth radiated from that touch. “Come on. I’m hungry.” Soonyoung couldn’t get himself away but being pulled to the café like he was used too. But this time, it felt different. The routine that once only hanged in coldness and hatred now became a warming and bright one. Soonyoung didn’t see the usual looks he saw in other student, it seems like blocked by the bright aura he saw coming out from Jinseok. A little did Soonyoung knew, that brightness brought harm to him later on.

Jinseok ignored the earlier warning he got from his seat mate. He felt an urge and need to make the guy seated behind him out from his dampened, ignorant and dark comforts. Jinseok saw help in those eyes and he was willing to give it. He decided to be Soonyoung’s only friend in this school and saved him from whatever that caused the guy to be so down. From the warning, he remembered a name. Kim Seungjin. Jinseok will find out that later, he made a promise to himself.

The two indeed became a friend at last – or actually Jinseok pushed all his ways towards Soonyoung even though Soonyoung still gave him indifferent acts. The other students began to talk, some were worries and some were mocking. They’re assuming Soonyoung ditched Seungjin or even worst cheated on him and they knew it won’t have a good result. Soonyoung didn’t really care about it because it’s wrong but the rumours found its way to Seungjin two months later. It had been worst as Seungjin came to find Soonyoung at the wrong time.

“Soonyoung ah.” Soonyoung didn’t give a respond but Jinseok knew he’s listening. Both of them spent their recess time in the park today on Jinseok’s request. Soonyoung just followed the idea. “Do you know that you’re amazing in your way?” Soonyoung looked up to Jinseok. Jinseok smiled. “I heard that you’re a dancer, an amazing one.” Soonyoung frowned.

“How- how did you know?” Jinseok smiled.

“Accidentally, one of your dancing friends is my cousin. I come across his pictures yesterday and saw you. So I asked him about you.” Soonyoung blushed.

“Oh no. Don’t tell anyone.” Jinseok chuckled.

“Why wouldn’t I? You’re amazing and I bet if people see you dancing, they won’t talk badly about you anymore.” Soonyoung looked down and sighed.

“No, they will still say it…or maybe even worst. I have enough and I just want to have a quiet life until I ended junior high. Please, don’t let anyone know Jinseok ah.” Jinseok exhaled and nodded. Soonyoung exhaled. “Thank you.”

“Why you still fear of him? Is he still meeting you outside?” Soonyoung startled. Jinseok never ask anything about Seungjin even Soonyoung knew Jinseok must already heard about it from the other students. Soonyoung stayed silent. “Soonyoung ah.” Jinseok turned his body to Soonyoung. He took Soonyoung’s hand in his. “Will…will you let me protect you? I- I like you; I don’t like to see you suffer with this. I want to protect you with all my cares and loves.” Jinseok said. Soonyoung looked up in disbelief. He actually realized he also fell for the other since the first day Jinseok pulled him out from the class but he didn’t expect his crush to like him back and yet he’s afraid of Seungjin, still. Jinseok flashed a soft smile before leaning in. Soonyoung was blushing, knowing what to come. His eyes fluttered close in nervousness.

“Don’t you dare!” Soonyoung snapped his eyes open to the familiar voice. He froze when the familiar figure hovered over Jinseok and was punching him. Soonyoung quickly tried to stop him.

“No, no. Seungjin hyung, no. Don’t hurt him!” Soonyoung shouted as tears trickled down his eyes. Seungjin growled as Soonyoung locked him with his arms. Jinseok stared at them before his eyes. He was pinned down by Seungjin on the ground.

“No one should ever touch what’s mine. No one!” Seungjin hollered. Jinseok flinched but stared back.

“Soonyoung is not yours, or mine; he’s not anyone else’s. He didn’t own by anyone. He is his own.” Jinseok growled as he reached to grab the collar. Soonyoung frowned.

“Jinseok, don’t-” His warning came late when Jinseok punched Seungjin hard. Soonyoung’s grip on Seungjin loosened. The elder took that advantage and peeled off from Soonyoung and involved in a fist fight with Jinseok. The two were full of rage and not hesitate to kill each other. Soonyoung tried to stop them but to no avail. When Seungjin tried to use his mighty jab (a skill of his that surely break a rib), Soonyoung gave his all to stop the elder. Jinseok froze while Seungjin turned to Soonyoung giving a disbelief glare. For the first time, Soonyoung attacked Seungjin. He had given his very first punch and it’s hard.

“Soonyoung, you don’t just-”

“Yes, I punch you! I don’t want you to hurt him or use me anymore! I hate you!” Soonyoung hollered on the top of his lung. Seungjin was frozen; he couldn’t believe this and his anger rose. His eyes fixed on Jinseok.

“You’re the cause of this. I will kill you!” Seungjin tried to attack Jinseok but Soonyoung stood in front of him and Seungjin halted. He stared at Soonyoung who stared back angrily. Seungjin didn’t want to believe his hunch but Soonyoung’s next word proved him right.

“Don’t try to hurt him or you need to hurt me first.” Seungjin gritted his teeth and clenched his fists tight.

“You! Don’t tell me you- You can’t like him back! You’re mine!” Seungjin roared. Soonyoung bit his lips.

“No, I hate you. I’m not yours, and yes I like him. I like Jinseok.” Soonyoung spat out those words that felt like venom to Seungjin. Seungjin fisted his knuckles white before slapping Soonyoung hard. Jinse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter