#22

The Life as Seventeen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Because this is love[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]“What actually happened, Hyeyoung noona? Is something bad happened to Soonyoung hyung?” DK asked when they’re in the bus on the way to the Shin’s residential. Hyeyoung took a breath.

“Someone comes to find oppa yesterday morning. Kim ajumma, uncle’s maid said that oppa had been weird since he met that guy. He acted like a crazy person and fainted when he saw that guy. Then early this morning, oppa was awake screaming and throwing things. He also tried to kill himself due to his own hallucination.” Hyeyoung was sobbing while she talked. DK bit his lips and placed an arm around Hyeyoung’s moving shoulder. Hyeyoung buried her face into his shoulder. “Is oppa turning crazy, Seokmin? Is he sick? I don’t want this…” DK took a breath and rubbed her back.

“Shh, don’t worry. I know Soonyoung hyung is a strong guy. He will be fine.” DK tried to soothe the girl. Hyeyoung cried some more in DK’s arms. When she was a little bit better, she backed away.

“Thanks…” DK smiled.

“It’s fine. Are you feeling a bit better, noona?” Hyeyoung nodded. DK took a breath. “May I ask then?” Hyeyoung looked at him. “Do you know who is that someone?”

Hyeyoung shook her head. “Kim ajumma tells me a name and who he is to oppa but I don’t know him at all.” Hyeyoung paused. “Now, come to think…how he knows oppa is there at uncle’s house? Oppa should be me…”

“Perhaps there is someone who knows to distinguish you two?” DK asked. Hyeyoung shook her head.

“Other than our parents, there is no one.” Hyeyoung paused. “But there is someone can tell who is who by hearing our way of talking.” DK looked at her. “It’s our friend since we’re young. Jimin oppa, he’s a year elder than us.” Hyeyoung remembered that male. DK looked at her.

“Is he the one who comes?” Hyeyoung shook her head.

“No, no. I know Jimin oppa so he’s not the one. Not the name Kim ajumma tells me.”

“May I know about the guy came yesterday then, noona?” Hyeyoung nodded.

“Kim Seungjin. He said he’s a senior to oppa in his junior high school. Kim ajumma said that he’s from a rich family…” DK cut her off.

“You don’t attend the same school with Soonyoung hyung?” Hyeyoung shook her head.

“After finishing elementary school, we choose to go for different school. People keep mixing us up so we think it’s better we go separately.” DK nodded. “So I didn’t know about oppa’s friends in his school.” Hyeyoung bit her lips. “But whoever he is, I will find out why oppa becomes like that after his appearance.” DK nodded to her word.

“Maybe we will get answer when we arrived, noona.” Hyeyoung nodded back.

 

 

All of them were frowning, gasping and shocked. Everybody was still trying to accept the news they got. “So…so all this time, the one with us is his twin sister?” Jeonghan stuttered out after a good amount of silence. Hyunsoo nodded. Vernon looked up to Seungkwan.

“Then…you, Seungkwan…you…” Seungkwan smiled lightly.

“I just know it not long before. Coups hyung knew it at the first week she’s here. I know…later after that con- um, fight.” Seungkwan smiled awkwardly, remembering the managers were there. Junki stared at Hyunsoo.

“Are you nuts, Hyunsoo? If daepyo-nim knows this, you-”

“I know the risk but risking Soonyoung’s future by telling the truth, I’m more afraid of that. I didn’t want him to be kicked out from Seventeen.” Hyunsoo said. “And he’s doing this because he’s afraid of that too.” Hyunsoo added. They stayed silent. Junki groaned.

“Follow me, Hyunsoo. We need to talk.” Junki said and walked to the door. Hyunsoo turned to the leader and S.coups nodded. Hyunsoo and Junki left the dorm. The attention now was on S.coups and Seungkwan.

“Hyung, this means you like a girl.” Dino suddenly said. Seungkwan smiled.

“Um, yeah. She likes me back and that’s how I know this secret. She tells me and I meet Soonyoung hyung too. He’s fine…he said he will be back soon as his leg healed faster than expected.”Seungkwan broke the news.

“But then, why just now-” Mingyu’s word was cut off by Woozi.

“You have more to explain, Cheol.” Woozi looked at the leader. S.coups nodded.

“I didn’t know the full truth yet but Hyeyoung got a nightmare about Soonyoung and she called home to know his condition. The maid in their uncle house told her there is someone comes to see Soonyoung yesterday morning and Soonyoung was traumatized when he met that person, he fainted after screaming like crazy. When he’s awake this morning, they found Soonyoung tried to kill himself. Hyeyoung could feel Soonyoung calls for her help, that’s why she went home.” The air became still. Everyone was stunned.

“Oh my gosh. Soonyoungie…” Jeonghan bit his lips. Joshua noticed the male was about to cry and hugged him. Jeonghan held him tight, crying. Vernon, Dino and Mingyu were still in shock. Jun looked at the leader.

“Hyung, can’t we go and see him?” Jun asked with full of concern in his tone. The8 beside him nodded in agreement. The younger Chinese guy had tears in his eyes. S.coups sighed.

“It’s not a good choice. Soonyoung didn’t know you all know about this and he might need peace, so-”

“Cheol! He might need us! Our support! Don’t be ridiculous.” Woozi raised his voice. S.coups looked at him in shock. He took a breath, trying not to snap. Wonwoo already held the producer, afraid the smaller will do something out of control. Seungkwan also pinned S.coups’s arm, calming the leader. S.coups grunted.

“I know, I know that Jihoon. I want to go and see him too but we can’t. This thing, his real condition right now can’t be told to our managers. We can’t risk this news arrived to daepyo-nim. I’m afraid too that right now, Junki hyung might be scolding Hyunsoo hyung outside because of Hyeyoung’s identity. And if this…I don’t know.” S.coups exhaled. Woozi startled, feeling guilty when he saw a tear trickled down S.coups’s cheek. Everybody froze too when they saw that. Woozi went free from Wonwoo’s hold and got up, wrapping his arms around the leader.  Seungkwan let go the leader’s hand too when S.coups returned the hug.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry, I didn’t think much. Please Cheol, don’t cry. I’m so sorry.” Woozi mumbled, he was almost crying too. S.coups exhaled, letting his face buried in Woozi’s shoulder. Everybody just let the two had their time. S.coups sniffled as he released Woozi after some moments.

“Let’s just wait the news from Hyeyoung and Seokmin.” S.coups told them, receiving a nod from the rest.

 

 

“Hyeyoung?” The assistant startled when he found Hyeyoung and a guy at the doorstep when he sent the doctor out. The doctor came to check on Soonyoung and gave some pills for the guy. He advised them to bring Soonyoung to the hospital getting proper checkups when the boy awake soon. Hyeyoung noticed the doctor and bowed a bit.

“You’re Soonyoung’s twin?” The doctor asked. Hyeyoung nodded. He smiled a bit. “Soonyoung is sleeping. Don’t worry, I will try my best to treat him.” The man in white coat paused. Hyeyoung didn’t get to ask about her twin’s condition when the doctor continued. “I need to go; my shift is going to start soon.” The doctor left. Hyeyoung turned to the assistant.

“You need to tell me what’s happening, Assistant Jung.” Hyeyoung said firmly. The assistant bit his lips and looked at DK beside Hyeyoung. Hyeyoung looked at the same way. “He’s one of Soonyoung oppa’s group members, Lee Seokmin.”

“Hyeyoung?” Someone called the name and Hyeyoung looked over the assistant. Hyeyoung stared at him. “Why are you here? Soonyoung is fine and you shouldn’t…”

“I know he’s not fine, uncle. I understand the reason why you keep it as a secret from me but he’s my twin so I will feel it if he’s not okay. Now that I’m here, I need to know everything had happened that lead my strong bright oppa trying to kill himself this morning.” Hyeyoung growled. Mr. Shin sighed and looked at his assistant.

“Bring the guest to the study room, Assistant Jung.” The assistant nodded and moved to DK, escorting him. Hyeyoung stopped the assistant.

“He needs to know as well. He’s oppa’s best friend.” Mr. Shin sighed.

“Fine, come and sit you two. I will let you know everything.” Mr. Shin said and let them to the luxurious couch in the living room. Hyeyoung and DK followed. Three of them seated when the maid came to get order of drinks.

“Tea will be fine, Kim ajumma.” Hyeyoung said and the maid left. Mr. Shin noticed Hyeyoung stared at him with a deep look. He sighed and took a breath, starting with the information he had known. Hyeyoung and DK listened to it very carefully with shock, anger and heartache.

 

 

DK stared at the pale looking guy who slept peacefully on the bed under the warm cover. Hyeyoung had left him alone to stay with Soonyoung as she needed to talk with her uncle. DK bit his lips as his tears formed again, the uncle’s story replayed in his mind. He reached to swipe the bang covering the forehead. A tear fell. “Oh gosh hyung, I would never guess that kind of thing happened to you. You’re so bright, positive, happy-go-lucky and everything but darkness and suffers. I can’t believe someone dares to do that on you. He deserved to die, rot to hell. He’s not a human; he’s animal…or worst. He’s a monster, devil. Oh my god, hyung…I can’t imagine how big your pain is. Yet you didn’t get any help, how did you survive…oh gosh.” DK sobbed beside Soonyoung as he reached for the hand, holding it tight. The sobs and tight hold didn’t awake Soonyoung at all. The guy was still in peace. DK bit his lips.

“Is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter