#14

The Life as Seventeen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Down for closure[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Joshua tiptoed leaving the dorm early again the next day. When he closed the main door, he huffed a breath thinking that he managed to go out without anyone is awake. But he’s absolutely wrong.

“Hong Jisoo.” Joshua stiffened and turned. S.coups was standing there leaning against the wall opposite the dorm's door. The American guy gulped his spit. The leader stood straight, putting his hands into the pockets. “Don’t ever try to run. This is a warning. Follow me if you don’t want to die.” S.coups said in flat tone while walking to the elevator. Joshua bit his lips. He wanted to run because he knew the leader is going to talk about that incident at the practice. But he knew better he shouldn’t run away when the leader warned him like that. S.coups can be kind leader but he can be mean at time he should. And Joshua didn’t want to get on his bad side. The third eldest followed behind the leader.

S.coups opened the rooftop door and signalled Joshua to step out first. The other stared blankly at the leader before stepped out. S.coups exhaled and closed the door once he stepped out as well. Joshua walked to the left end, the side that they could see their agency building. Joshua looked through the panorama. It’s not many things can be seen as it’s still dark and their neighbourhood didn’t have much lights around but currently the surrounding interested that American guy more. Light footsteps can be heard and stopped two steps before him. “You’re avoiding me because you know I will come and have a talk with you.” The leader started. Joshua stayed silent and didn’t look back. S.coups folded his hands in front of his chest. “Do you ever realize you’re the only one didn’t come and open up to me? Frankly said, I understand you the least compared to others.” Joshua just smiled and leaned to the wall, still back-facing S.coups.

“I just don’t really talk my problem to someone in my whole life.” S.coups exhaled.

“Perhaps it’s because you’re the eldest hyung in the family. I understand that, Jisoo.” S.coups unfolded his arms and reached to touch Joshua’s shoulder. The other startled by the touch. “But keeping all to yourself is not good. You still need to tell someone.” Joshua chuckled lightly.

“Aren’t you calling me out because of what happened two days ago?”

“That’s one of the things, but I want to tell you about this more than anything. Because I can feel we’re not that close like how we thought we are. There’s an invisible wall between us, Jisoo.”

He exhaled. “It’s me. That’s how I am. I’m not an open person.” Joshua confessed. S.coups nodded.

“I know. But I just want you to know that I’m always here for you.” S.coups paused when Joshua turned to him. The leader smiled. “As a leader and also as a friend. Remember that.” S.coups patted the shoulder. He walked to Joshua’s side and leaned against the wall also. Both of them now faced the scenery. “I won’t force and I’m waiting for you to open up. I hope you don’t mind explain everything about that day. What, how and why that happened plus your feelings, Hong Jisoo. I want to know everything, so if you’re choosing to talk I hope you won’t leave a single detail at all.” S.coups said, softly but firmly. Joshua took a glance to the leader.

“How…how you and Jihoon get together?” The leader startled with that sudden question but smiled a bit. He exhaled before answering that question.

“It just happened that way. I confessed to him not-so-bravely because I can’t hide it anymore so I confessed. Jihoon is not a gay to begin with, not like me who always realize I didn’t like girls and had guessed I like guys. But yeah, he likes me in the end.” S.coups smiled a bit. “Why you’re questioning that out of sudden, Jisoo?” Joshua shook his head. S.coups stared at the other for a while before blurted out a question. “If you’re not going to tell me anything, can I ask this one question?”

Joshua looked at him. The sun already started to peek at the horizon and the surrounding had been a bit brighter. The two didn’t know how long they spent up there but the day is coming quite fast. Joshua exhaled. “What? I’m not promising I will answer that Seungcheol.”

S.coups smiled. “What do you feel about Jeonghan, Jisoo? You like him as a man?” Joshua froze. He didn’t expect the leader to be blunt and ask that straight-forwardly. Joshua turned away in silence mode. “I guess you choose not to answer.”

“What can be changed if I’m going to answer that? Jeonghan probably hates me now for what I did two days ago.” S.coups wrinkled a bit.

“Why is that?” The leader asked and again Joshua kept silence. S.coups exhaled. “Jisoo, sometimes things need to be talked out. It can prevent misunderstand tho.”

“It won’t worth it. He hates me.” S.coups turned to him and startled a bit when he saw a tear fell on Joshua’s cheek. The other started to cry. The leader took a breath.

“What makes you so sure, Jisoo?”

“His looks. After that-” Joshua was unable to continue his words when he choked his sobs. He quickly dried his tears, embarrassed that he cried in front of the leader who he had considered as his love enemy before. “Anyway, there’s no answer for your question. I refused to answer that.” Joshua turned to S.coups and flashed a smile before walked to the door. The leader sighed when he saw the sad look in those eyes. He took a breath.

‘Forgive me for this, Jeonghan but I think this is the best way because right now Jisoo is too dumb to see things.’ S.coups said to no one and caught up to Joshua. Joshua startled when S.coups stood in front of him, blocking his way to the door. “Seungcheol.”

“Jeonghan didn’t hate you. He would never. He likes you…oh scratch that. He loves you Hong Jisoo and he’s very sad when you left freaking out after that kiss. He thought you hate him or something. Ugh, guess you two are stupid thinking the same thing like that. Just admit your feeling already and we’re down for closure to this mess of you two. I’m sure you have feelings for him too, and yes Hong Jisoo. Yoon Jeonghan has the same feelings for you.” S.coups stretched every word leaving his mouth about Jeonghan’s feeling for Joshua. Well, he might get killed by Jeonghan if the other knew this but he didn’t see another way to solve them. Not when the two refused to talk and keep assuming they hated each other. Joshua was still frozen after the leader’s words. S.coups groaned. “I’m not lying and shouldn’t you move now to ask Jeonghan yourself for the truth?” The leader slapped Joshua’s back to bring the other back to the reality. Joshua blinked and stared at S.coups before that American guy walked rapidly leaving the rooftop. S.coups exhaled and smiled.

“A person in love can be stupid and blind and thinks negatively too much.”

“Sound much like you.” S.coups jumped in surprise. He turned just to see Woozi came out from a hidden spot. The leader frowned.

“What, how you-”

“I come out for a fresh air as I can’t sleep and then you two come up here. So…oh, well. I’m just curious so I hide.” Woozi walked to the leader. S.coups just shook his head and chuckled. He wrapped his arms around his smaller boyfriend. Woozi hugged him back, snuggling his face to the warm torso. “So JiHan will bring good news soon, right Cheollie?” S.coups nodded.

“We’re going to have new couple soon, Ji. Aww, now I feel like a father sending off his daughter to get married.” S.coups chuckled. Woozi just smiled.

“You’re Seventeen’s father, Cheollie.” S.coups smiled and pressed a kiss on the producer’s forehead. Woozi hummed happily.

“You’re the mother then.” Woozi blushed and whined while hiding his face, mumbling his protest about he’s not a girl and something similar. S.coups just guffawed, hugging Woozi closer. “I love you.”

“Love you too.” Woozi mumbled into the leader’s skin, still hiding his red face. S.coups just smiled when Woozi tightened his hold. Both of them enjoyed the moment before coming down back to the dorm.

 

 

DK noticed Hoshi was glancing secretly (well not to him) to the other main vocalist. He wrinkled to see that. They - the maknaes who are going to school and Hoshi - were down for breakfast. The other members can’t be seen, perhaps still sleeping or already out to their schedule. DK was still looking over Hoshi which getting noticed by the youngest. Dino cleared his throat which made Hoshi jumped slightly and the rest turned to the maknae.

“Will we have everybody home today?” Dino asked. Vernon shrugged and turned to Mingyu. Mingyu looked at Dino.

“You should ask Coups hyung, Channie.” Mingyu said.

“Coups hyung was already out.” Seungkwan added. “He probably is on date with Jihoon hyung.” Seungkwan munched the whole remaining bread at once and got up. “We’re going to be late, Mingyu hyung, Channie. Let’s go now.” Seungkwan said. The said males nodded and got up as well.

“If anything, you should just ask in the KaTalk, Dino.” The8 suddenly said something at last. Dino smiled and nodded. The three left to the school first. Vernon and The8 left after that as they needed to catch their bus too. Only DK went to his school by subway. When everybody left, DK got up as well. Hoshi was still eating.

“Hoshi hyung.” Hoshi startled and looked up to DK.

“Huh?”

“Anything happened to you? You look so distracted…” DK paused for a while as he scanned through Hoshi’s face. “And you keep staring at Kwannie.” Hoshi startled.

“Huh? Wait, I’m not- I didn’t- ugh.” Hoshi was face-palmed himself mentally for stuttering. DK stared at the elder before he smiled.

“No matter how much I wanted to ask more about this, time didn’t let me or I’m going to miss my school. Talk later hyung.” DK smiled and messed Hoshi’s hair before leaving quickly. Hoshi whined as his hair messed up. He grunted when DK left with laughter. Hoshi got his hair good again and cleaned the table. His mind was kept running, still about the same thing. His remaining time to be here. To be Seventeen’s Hoshi.

 

 

“Jisoo. Where you’re bringing me?” Jeonghan asked as they didn’t stop walking ever since Joshua took his hand right after he got changed after bath. Jeonghan didn’t managed to ask the other’s sudden act when Joshua just pulled him out from the dorm and they’re still walking up till now.  Had to admit, his legs started to feel tired and numb for those long walking. Adding t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter