#29

The Life as Seventeen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Reaching the star[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]“And the last Daesang goes to…” The drumrolls echoed in the hall where 18th Mnet Asian Music Award 2016 was held. The thirteen boys were anxious in their seat as their name listed in the nominees list of the Artist of the Year competing with many seniors and same generation idol groups. Perhaps it was their year, they were awarded with the Best Male Group earlier and they broke in tears while doing the speech. “Congrats to this giant group who unleashed their shining talent just in short time, the Artist of the Year award goes to Seventeen!” To that, the thirteen of them froze in their seat. The confetti blasted from above and showered down the idol’s seating. As they’re still frozen on the seat, the seniors who sat near them began to congratulate and ushered them to go up.

Soonyoung was still in daze when DK pulled him to his feet as the rest also looked blur and took some time to get on the stage. S.coups was leading them, he looked fluster as well but the leader tried to compose himself. The MCs managed to make some jokes to fill up the gap. Woozi managed to say sorry to them when they were handing the trophy. The MCs just smiled and let the boys have their time giving acceptance speech.

S.coups took a deep breath, trying not to cry as he cried terribly when they awarded the Best Male Group award earlier and Vernon did the speech earlier on his behalf as that mixed guy was the only one could speak at the moment.  The leader looked at a point in the audience and smiled. “Thank you to our fans for supporting us, giving this honour to us. We love you all, I’m so thankful. I also want to relay our thanks to uri daepyo-nim, Han Sungsoo daepyo-nim, our trainers, teachers, all Pledis family and every staffs that helped and supported us, thank you so much. Our member’s parents and family, thanks for never tired of giving us support. SM17E, thank you so much again. We will promise you to work harder so we will live up the honour you give us today, thank you for the organizer also. Thank you everyone.” S.coups bowed and the rest followed. The claps heard and Woozi took the chance to say something. He sniffled as he talked.

“We also want to relay our gratefulness to the members who once trained along us. Thank you for the support you still give to us until now. We love you all and we pray for your success too, guys.” Woozi said and bowed again. The teary speech ended after MCs took their role to wrap up the event as the last award had given out.

The thirteen members stepped down from the stages and congratulated by the seniors and other idols. They thanked them one by one before moving to their waiting room as Hyunsoo told them their CEO was waiting. Once they arrived at the room, the happy man was standing in the middle of room welcoming his boys. “Daepyo-nim~” They cooed altogether and attacked the male for a hug. The man chuckled and nodded as he squished into the group hug.

“I’m proud of you guys. Keep it up.”

“Yes sir!” All of them chuckled with teary eyes and the CEO stayed around for a while, talking with the leader and some who already recovered from the cries. Once he left the thirteen members alone, S.coups looked at each of them. Some of them still have tears on their cheeks and in their eyes.

“We’re not dreaming, right?”

“I have tried pinching myself earlier and it’s hurt.” Dino exclaimed. Mingyu stared at the first trophy they received today in his hand.

“It feels heavy and real in my hand.” Mingyu said. “It’s real! We won the Best Male Group Award!” Wonwoo nodded and hugged Mingyu. Mingyu hugged the elder back.

Woozi wiped his tears, he was still crying. S.coups had his hand around Woozi’s shoulder all the time, coaxing the younger. “Cheol. We win a daesang.” S.coups nodded.

“Yes, love. We did it.” Woozi stared at the other trophy in his hand. “It’s real, Ji.”

“I can’t believe it.”

“It’s real.” S.coups pulled the smaller into his arms. Woozi again cried in happiness. On the other side of the room, Jun was calming The8 who cried again as the reality sunk in the younger’s mind once again. Jeonghan and Joshua were taking care of Seungkwan who didn’t stop crying since earlier. Dino was on the phone, perhaps talking to Yeri or his parent.

“Hyung.” DK poked Soonyoung. The other had stopped tears since they came down from the stage but he looked like he was still in daze. “Soonyoung hyung.”

“Seokmin ah.” DK stared at the other. “I’m- I feel like dreaming.” DK held his hand.

“No, you’re not. It happened.” DK smiled. “We won two awards, baby.” Soonyoung stared at DK.

“I’m too happy. Oh gosh, thank you God. We won. We did great, we paid our sweats. We made our fans proud. We-” DK stopped the elder from talking frantically.

“I know. I know, hyung. No word needed.” DK pulled him into a hug and Soonyoung hugged him back. He slowly returned to normal as he recovered from the shock he got once their name announced as the winner. S.coups looked at them and cleared his throat, getting the attention on him. Dino stopped talking at the phone and turned to the leader together with the rest.

“This is a big win and daepyo-nim promised to treat us this weekend.” They cheered. “And remember, today’s win is a-”

“Today’s win is an honour to do better for tomorrow.” They chorused and the leader smiled, satisfied.

A knock on the door and the hugging pair released each other but stayed close, just to avoid suspicion. Vernon who stood the closest to the door opened it. He startled when he recognized the people at the door.

“Annyeonghaseyeo!” The lively voices made the rest turned to the door. Vernon stepped away as he let the 8 girls came in. “Hi, we come to congratulate you personally.” The leader of the girls said. S.coups looked over Vernon when everybody took notice of their guests. “Congratulation, Seventeen for your wins!” The thirteen boys nodded and thanked the girls. Vernon took notice the black haired girl was silence in the line. The attention now on that girl as the other girls turned to her as well.

“Yah, Yein, ppalli.” One of the girls, Kei nudged the black haired girl. Vernon raised his brow to Yein. Yein twirled her hair shyly.

“Uh, um. I- um, ah, unnie. I can’t do it.” The thirteen guys were staring at the girls in confusion.

“What’s going on?” Mingyu asked. The leader of the girls, Baby Soul smiled.

“We actually made a bet.” Yein tried to stop the leader from talking. “What? If we’re waiting for you to explain, we will have to wait for forever.” Yein looked down. “Anyway, back to the topic. We made a bet if you guys, Seventeen win an award from any of categories you’re nominated, Yein will need to come here in front of all of us conf-”

“I like you, Hansol ah.” Vernon startled and the boys started to do catcalls.

“Ah? Yah, Jung Yein. That’s not the bet!” Yein glared at the girl, Soojung. Baby Soul sighed.

“Don’t fight, girls. But yeah, that’s not the bet, Yein ah.” Yein puffed her cheek. Vernon blinked when Yein looked up to him after few moments of silence. Everybody was waiting patiently.

“I love you, Hansol ah.” The coos and awws heard at the background with the two blushed over the sincere words from Yein.

 

 

Seungkwan smiled when he noticed someone was waiting for him at his favourite spot in that park. He straight away ran to the park after they arrived at the dorm from the event’s venue. He ran towards her, can’t wait to share his happiness plus he felt bad for her to wait him in cold. “Youngie!”

“Hey, Kwannie.” They shared a hug and Seungkwan could tell she was shivering. He pouted.

“Why you didn’t just come to the dorm? You know the password.”

“I want to meet you alone.” Seungkwan just chuckled. Hyeyoung smiled. “Congrats, my big baby. You guys are awesome and I’m proud.” Seungkwan nodded. “Sorry that I can’t attend it because of a group project. But I managed to watch it on TV; I tricked my groupmates to watch it while we’re finishing our project.” Seungkwan chuckled and pinched Hyeyoung’s nose.

“Sneaky.” Hyeyoung chuckled as well. Seungkwan touched Hyeyoung’s cheek and tucked the falling long hair behind her ear. Hyeyoung had grown long hair again and coloured it to light brown. Seungkwan smiled as he fell for her beauty once again. Hyeyoung looked the best with her long brown hair.

“I’m happy, Seungkwan ah.” Seungkwan turned to the other. Hyeyoung smiled and looked up to the sky. “That now you and the rest are shining brightly like the star on the sky.” Seungkwan looked up as well. “I hope you will stay shining there, so I can always watching and see you in the darkness.” Seungkwan giggled.

“You’re being cheesy, Youngie.” Hyeyoung smiled. “I think I feel I’m lucky to be with you.” Hyeyoung raised her brow. “We can meet easily because you’re hyung’s twin so…” Hyeyoung rolled her eyes.

“Am I easy?” Seungkwan frowned.

“I’m not saying that at all.” Hyeyoung turned to him. Seungkwan sighed. “I mean I don’t really have hard time to see you because of Soonyoung hyung.” Hyeyoung stared at the younger.

“But we couldn’t date freely.” Seungkwan smiled mildly. He rubbed his thumb pad on Hyeyoung’s back palm.

“I know. But it won’t be long. When I reached 23, the dating ban is lifted up. You can wait for a bit right?” Hyeyoung just smiled.

“Don’t ever doubt me.” Seungkwan smiled back and placed a kiss on her forehead. Hyeyoung blushed lightly.

“I won’t. I love you, Kwon Hyeyoung.”

“Love you too, Boo Seungkwan.” They smiled to each other before looking up to the sky, watching the starry night under Seungkwan’s favourite tree. They just enjoyed each other presence by their side.

 

 

DK held Soonyoung’s hand tightly. The other turned to him. “Are you sure? We can still go back, hyung.” DK asked as he stopped Soonyoung from stepping inside the gate. Soonyoung stared at the younger with mild smile.

“I’m ready, Seokmin ah. Beside, Jimin hyung is waiting inside.” DK looked at the elder with concern. “If I’m wrong thinking that I’m ready, I have you. You will protect me, right?” DK exhaled and placed a peck on the other’s cheek.

“Of course, babe. I won’t leave you, ever.” Soonyoung smiled.

“So I don’t need to worry. I’m ready, because I know I have you.” DK beamed, felt touched. Soonyoung tightened their hold. “Thank you for being my strength.”

“Don’t ever feel thankful. Just know that I love you, that’s all enough.” Soonyoung smiled and nodded. He pulled the younger towards the gate. DK smiled back and followed. Stepping inside, an officer greeted them. DK talked with that officer for their purpose of coming and then the officer nodded, bringing them to a room. Someone was standing in front the room’s door when they’re nearing. Soonyoung took a breath. That someone turned and flashed a smile.

“Soonyoung.” Soonyoung smiled a bit.

“Jimin hyung.” Soonyoung spread his arms and the two hugged. Jimin’s eyes were on DK and the younger bowed lightly while saying hello. Jimin nodded and patted Soonyoung’s back.

“I’m glad you’re all fine. And I think it’s not too late right to congratulate your winning.” Jimin said as they pulled away. Soonyoung beamed.

“Thanks, hyung. I’m sorry for not able to see you in a while.” Jimin smiled and shook his head.

“I understand, Soonyoung ah. I can see it from that one time we met at the university.” Soonyoung smiled mildly. “I met Hyeyoung around the campus so she always told me about you. And then, this must be Seokmin, am I right?” Jimin said as he looked at DK. DK nodded while Soonyoung rubbed his nape.

“Um, yeah. Seokmin ah, this is Jimin hyung, a close hyung of mine. Hyung, this is Lee Seokmin, my um- boyfriend.” Soonyoung said as he looked around, conscious of the place. Jimin smiled to DK.

“I’m glad you take care of Soonyoung. Soonyoung needs someone like you.” DK grinned shyly. Jimin chuckled and then looked at Soonyoung. “Are you ready, Soonyoung ah?” Soonyoung took a breath and nodded. Jimin looked at the officer earlier and nodded a bit. He walked to the room and twisted the knob. Jimin followed to enter the room first and the couple was behind him. DK held Soonyoung’s hand. Soonyoung looked at the younger.

“I’m here for you.” Soonyoung smiled.

“I know, thank you.” DK nodded. Both of them stepp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter