When it isn't like it should be!

It Started With the Rain!


If killing were legal in Korea, Baekhyun would have made sure to murder all those girls who were eyeing and flirting with Chanyeol.

He was so pissed off that even Jongin didn’t dare to say a word when he purposely pour the orange juice on one of the female customer who according to the furious boy had winked at Chanyeol. Instead, he apologized to the poor girl and even showed her the way to the washroom.  
“How are we going to tell him about our relation?” Kyungsoo asked, placing the chocolate cake in the oven. Jongin shrugged and went out of the kitchen with a tray filled with glasses.
The week was busy for the students of S.M. High. It was the school’s foundation day and to celebrate the occasion, the school board had decided to conduct a two days- open fair.  The students of S.M. High had participated in it actively and over 30 schools from across Seoul were invited. Kris was the in charge of the welcoming committee while Minseok and Jongdae were looking after the school’s cafeteria. The kitchen was assigned to Kyungsoo who could not hide his happiness. 
Luhan, Chanyeol, Jongin and Baekhyun were the handsome baristas whereas Sehun was looking after the billing counter.  

“Ya! Baek! Your order!” Kyungsoo called from the kitchen and placed the grilled sandwich and strawberry shake at the counter. With angry steps, the said boy approached the counter and started placing the dishes. 

“You okay?” he asked, studying the boy who looked like an angry dragon. 
“NO! I HATE GIRLS! WHY DO THEY EVEN EXIST?” Baekhyun yelled and the poor chef literally had to put hands on his fingers.

After he went away, Luhan came up to the kitchen counter placing the empty plates. 

“Is our Sassy Prince okay? I heard him yelling.” He chuckled.
“Don’t ask Lu.” Kyungsoo sighed.

Baekhyun’s eyes were fixed on Chanyeol who was completely oblivious of a certain someone watching his every move. ‘Cause if he would’ve been aware of that, he wouldn’t have dared to wink at the girl who was wearing way too short dress to Baekhyun’s liking and was flirting with him since she entered the cafeteria.

“Hey Baekkie, can you please take care of that table, over in the corner?” Jongin asked, his eyes full of hope. Looking merely at the pointed table, anyone could tell the boys were jerks. Initially, Baekhyun decided to reject but then when he saw the gaint staring at him and mouthing a ‘no’, he simply walked up to them.

“Can I have your order?” he said in a husky voice. The first boy looked at him and smirked.

“Are you available in the menu?” he winked. 

Baekhyun wanted to kick his but he had already noticed Chanyeol coming behind him so he decided to go with the flow.

“If you want it, sir.” Baekhyun smirked. Just then, the boy pulled him down, making him sit on his lap and startling the other boy. 
“You’re a cutie to play with. I like you.”  He smiled.

“I’m Minho.” 

“Can I know your name, babe?” the other boy, who looked a little like a dinosaur  asked. 

“It’s B-”
“Get up Baek.” Baekhyun looked up to meet the most infuriated face he has ever seen in his life. Chanyeol’s brows were furrowed and his fists were clenched tightly. 
“Baek? That’s the name of this cutiepie?” the dinosaur boy raised his brow.
“I said get up Baek. Are you deaf?”  
“Why? I don’t want to.” Baekhyun huffed.
Chanyeol was trying hard to control himself but the said boy was making it harder for him. So, seeing no other option left, he pulled the smaller boy away. 
“What the ing Chanyeol!” Baekhyun yelled, making everybody’s head turned to their direction. 
“YA! What do you think you’re doing ?” Minho rose from his seat. 

Chanyeol gave him a dirty look and burying his every intention to punch the boy, he held Baekhyun’s wrist and started walking away. 

Minseok and Jongdae had come by now and were calming the guests. 
“We’re not done yet, Chanyeol.” Minho said and stormed out of the cafeteria. 


Still holding onto his wrist, Chanyeol took hurried steps out of the place. 
“Where are you taking me?” Baekhyun yelled but it fell on deaf ears. He tried to free himself but the grip was stronger. 

“Let go of me Chanyeol!” 

Nothing.

“You’re hurting me!”

He quickened his pace.

“PARK ING CHANYEOL!”

Throwing the smaller boy away, Chanyeol glared at him. Because of the harsh move, Baekhyun fell on his on the ground and winced in pain.
“What the hell do you think you were doing?” he said in a cold tone. Baekhyun lowered his head. He knew what he had done back there was wrong. But he just wanted Chanyeol’s attention.

“Answer me!” The growl made his ears bleed.

 “Do you even know who they were?”

“No. And why should I care about them?” Baekhyun huffed.

“They were the members of Shinee.” 

Shinee? Baekhyun gasped.

He has heard about them. They are the students of the neighboring school and are their school’s basketball team’s rivals. Jongin has told him about how cruel and spoiled they are. 
Messing with Shinee only meant bad news. 
Baekhyun did not plan it go this way.

he wouldn’t have even imagined this when he was analyzing the worst case scenarios.

“I-I..didn’t know.” 

Chanyeol sighed and sat beside the boy.

Putting his hands on either sides of his shoulder, he said, “Just, don’t do stupid things from now on. Okay?”

Baekhyun nodded and smiled weakly.
“But, you promise not to ignore me. Okay?” 

"Ignore you?" Chanyeol asked in confusion. Baekhyun slowly nodded.

“I never ignore you, Baek. I never do.” Chanyeol smiled, pulling the smaller into a hug.



The next day was the most awaited day of the fair.

Seoul’s two best basketball teams were competing against each other today and the winner would be given the opportunity to win a trip to Jeju. 

“The two teams, EXO and Shinee are here everybody! Cheers for them!” the announcer stated and the court was filled with the loud noises and drum beats.

Baekhyun had his heart in his mouth as he heard the other team’s name. 

“Baek, you okay?” Kyungsoo asked.

Baekhyun nodded nervously and focused his attention on Chanyeol. Chanyeol, who was searching for a pretty faced boy, found him seated in the front row and gave a wave. Baekhyun shyly waved back.

 Team EXO was being led by Kris and Team Shinee by Onew.

Chanyeol, who was in the right of Kris threw daggers at Minho. 
“Watch your back out, Channiee kitty!” Minho smirked and the game started.

The ball was with Kris and seeing a free path, he passed it to Sehun who easily made the first point. Sitting comfortably in the audience, Luhan almost jumped at that but then controlled himself. 
The ball was now with Jonghyun who successfully made it into a point for Shinee. The game continued and both the teams were playing hard to secure their win. Half time came and Shinee was leading by four points. 

“We are just a few points behind them. Don’t let them get you boys! We have to win this.” Kris said and the team nodded. 

“We are one! We are EXO!” the team said together.

Meanwhile in the other locker room, Minho and Jonghyun were busy plotting the revenge on Chanyeol.

“Who was the boy again?” Taemin asked, looking at his nails.
“61. Chanyeol.” Jonghyun spatted.

“Hmmm. Okay. Let’s do it, Shinee!” Key smirked and the boys left the locker room.

The game resumed and the players were energetic as ever. Sehun, who had the ball with him was aiming for the basket but Key and Onew came into his way. 

“Pass the ball to me Sehun! I’m free!” Kris came running to the other side but Sehun didn’t stop.

“ing give him the ball Oh!” Jongin yelled from his behind.

“We’re already behind! Give him the ball!” It was Chanyeol now. 

ing no.

 Sehun thought and stepped forward. Cursing under his breath, he tried to breakfree but Onew snatched the ball in a split of second and did a basket.

“You douche bag! What the hell is wrong with your head?” Kris snapped.

“Go away, .” Sehun growled. 

Chanyeol and Jongin were carefully passing the ball to each other when suddenly Minho came out of the woodland and tripped Chanyeol.

 Baekhyun went pale and his heart seemed to come out of his throat. The referee blew the whistle and game to a halt.   

“It was clearly a foul!” Jongin yelled.

“It was an accident. We did not do it on pupose.” Taemin said confidently.

“Let them decide.” Jongdae said and they waited for the results. When the referee said that there was no foul, Kris felt to blow his head. But he couldn’t do anything. The decision was already made. Chanyeol was suggested to rest but he politely denied saying he was fine. The game was again resumed and the players were getting ready for the next round.

“Such a useless captain we have here.” Sehun remarked dryly and ran off to his position.

 Kris drank his anger for the sake of his team and continued with the game.

Chanyeol had the ball with Jonghyun and Minho following him. 

“Baekhyun’s quite a catch, right Jonghyun?” Minho smirked as he came in front of the taller.

“You’re right. I wonder how his lips would taste.” 

Chanyeol’s face reddened but he continued to dribble the ball. He wont let those morons lose his concentration.

“I wanna sleep with him! After we win this game, I’m gonna that little into oblivion! I’m damn sure the ’s a too!” Minho said his lower lips and looking straight into Chanyeol’s angry eyes. 

“Baekhyun’s not a .” Chanyeol gritted under his teeth.

“You ing dare to even talk to him and I will make sure you guys never see tomorrow’s sunlight.” He threatened and a basket was done.

 Minho and Jonghyun glared at him as he blew a kiss to the boy in controversy.

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo had their eyes balled out as they saw the giant elf doing the act while Luhan just rolled his eyes.

The game finally ended with EXO winning the game with Kris’s shot and the whole crowd roared. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo ran up to Jongin and the trio did a group hug with Jongin secretly kissing the doe-eyed boy.

After patting his best friend Chanyeol, Luhan walked towards Kris and congratulated him with a hug. Sehun, who stood in the sidelines had his blood boiled at the scene. Even though Naeun was there with him, he couldn’t avert his gaze from the deer-like boy who was all laughing with the stupid captain. 

“Won’t you hug me too?” Chanyeol pouted.

“You stink! Stay away from me!” Baekhyun said, his nose pinched shut. There was a glint of mischief in Chanyeol’s eyes and he kept coming forward.

“YA! Don’t come near me!” Baekhyun yelled and was about to run off when a pair of strong arms captured him and they both fell on the ground. 
Chanyeol was on the top and Baekhyun lied beneath him. The proximity of their faces made them to flush red. Being this close to him, Baekhyun could clearly tell how handsome Chanyeol was.

No wait, even words can’t describe his features.

The sweat on his body made him to glow and his masculine smell just drove him crazy and lustful. He knew if they would’ve stayed in the position any longer, he couldn’t have controlled himself from kissing the taller.

“I..uh.. sorry.” Chanyeol stood up and smiled nervously.

“Ye-yeah. Okay.” Baekhyun said and dusted off the non-existing dirt. 

“Congratulations.” He added.

“Thanks!” Chanyeol beamed. “You’ll come to Jeju, right?” he asked.

“Of Course.” Baekhyun grinned.

Giving a last glance at them, Minho left the court along with his team.

You’ll pay for this, Chanyeol. We're not done yet.


The school auditorium was filled with students.

It was the closing ceremony of the fair and to make the evening more promising and entertaining, a musical was held.

Bands from many different schools were performing and Luhan was scared as hell. He had gave performances on stage before but to aid his nervousness, Chanyeol and.. a stranger named Sehun were always present to support him. 

“You’re scared?” Kyungsoo fixed his hairs. 

“A little maybe.” Luhan answered.

“Don’t be. It’s not your first time, right?” 

Luhan nodded.

“There’s no need to get nervous Han. I know you’ll definitely do well!” Kris, who just appeared from nowhere, patted his head and Luhan felt at ease. 

The name of their group was announced and they entered the stage. Kyungsoo was the lead singer and the guitarist while Luhan was the main vocalist and the bass guitarist. Jongdae was also another main vocalist who was also the keyboard player and Tao was the rapper drummer.  Yuri was with the cavaco and Sunny was playing the flute. 

When the music filled the room, everybody was starstruck.The song Moon light was a beautiful song and the voices of the singing trio multiplied its beauty. Even though Baekhyun didn’t want to admit, he knew Luhan’s voice was magical. He had never listened a voice so pure and soft. 

“He is good.” Baekhyun mumbled. Chanyeol seemed to be drowned in the song because he missed the appreciation Baekhyun made for Luhan.

The song ended with the people going crazy over them. The results were finally out with Luhan and the band winning. 

“Yo! Congratulations guys!” Chanyeol squeezed Luhan and Kyungsoo into a hug.

“Let us go you giant Yoda! You’re suffocating us to death!” Luhan said.

“Luhannniieee~ you were amazing! You’re really a star!” Hanuel chimed in and shook hands with him. “I’m your no. 1 fan now!”

“No. It’s me!” Kris chimed in and pulled Luhan into a hug.

“You guys, just stay away from my baby. Let him breathe!” Kyungsoo smacked on Kris’s arm and everybody laughed.

“Yes. Let my best friend inhale the fresh air Kreeaaassee.!” Chanyeol said and Kris rolled his eyes. Baekhyun’s jealousy was at its peak and he was throwing daggers at him. In addition, the girls just won’t stop fangirling over him. 

“He’s so cute!”  

“He sang way better than Baekhyun Oppa.” The other girl clapped her hands.

“Right. I thought Luhan Oppa was is some angel!”

Angel? My ! 

“Don’t you wanna congratulate him, Baek?” Jongin asked. 

“No.” He hissed and crossed his arms. Sighing in defeat, Jongin decided not to further push the topic.

When they were at the dinner table, Kyungsoo and Jongin nodded at each other.

“Guys..” Kyungsoo said.

“We have an announcement to make.” Jongin completed for him.

The four of them were looking confusingly at them. 

“We.. uh.. I mean.. no.. it’s this that.. Kyungsoo! You do it!” Jongin chickened out and sat silently back.

This coward! I’ll teach him a lesson afterwards.

“C’mon Soo. My bacons are waiting for me!” Chanyeol whined.

“Me and Jongin, we are a couple.” Kyungsoo simply said.

“WHAT?” Their jaws dropped. 

The next few minutes were the most frustrating for both Kyungsoo and Jongin ‘cause the poor couple had to answer all the whys, when’s and where’s. The interrogation when finally ended, it was Kris’s turn to drop the bomb.
“I like you, Luhan.” He said clearing his throat.

Sehun, who was just sitting beside him had his ears quirked up at the mention of his ex-lover’s name. Luhan had his eyes widened in surprise while the others were almost going to have a heart attack. 

“Will you go out with me?” 

Sehun dropped the glass and gave a dirty look to the Student body Pres.

Everybody was waiting for Luhan to answer, except Baekhyun. The guy was busy filling his mouth with pastries and tarts. Chanyeol shook his head and decided to let the guy be. 

Luhan had his heart stopped at the sudden confession. Sure he liked Kris too but it was mere an attraction, not anything else. But also, he needed to move on. The past’s gone and Sehun had made it clear to never cross paths with him. Like Luhan will himself ever want that. But then again, wouldn’t he be proving Sehun’s accusations true that he was nothing but a gold-digger. 

Yup.

He knew Kris was filthy rich and his family was well known in China and Canada. He knew he was again dealing with a rich kid here and he cursed his luck for that. But looking at Kris’s face, he somehow came to think that he was different. 

Maybe?

“I..will think about it.” Luhan said. Kris nodded in understanding and the other guys just released their held breath.

Baekhyun was the only one who was not affected by any of it and was eating his dinner in complete peace.

That’s for show, .

His insides were on fire and with every spoonful of the yoghurt; his evil mind was busy plotting his revenge from the deer-boy.

You’ve got enough attention, Luhan. More than you needed.