Crush?

It Started With the Rain!

Baekhyun's POV

Staring at my reflection in the mirror, I sighed.

Finally, my hair was back to its original color and I swore never to get it dyed ever again.

After what those two ers did with my precious hair, I guess I've become phobic of dyes. And I hate the color purple even more! Just, don't tell this to anyone.

It's our little secret, okay?

But don't you worry little deer. I'm not going to back off just yet if that's what you think. My soul isn't going to be at peace until it makes sure you are beyond miserable.

Evil, right?

But I am evil.

When I walked down the stairs, I saw Dad and Junmyeon discussing something very serious. Must be about business. But Hyung was a doctor, not a boring businessman. He won't understand the terms, now would he? But then again, he was a genius and he does know a hell lot of stuff so I don't find it surprising. What I would find surprising though would be if my Dad decides to discuss all this boring stuff with me because let's face it, I am an uncracked nut who knows nothing about the world. Also, to be very honest, I am the least bit interested in business. I mean, the money that comes from it... I love it from the core of my heart but the business? I don't wanna be called a grumpy old CEO.

No.

I'm too fabulous for that!

Making my way to the dining area, I saw Mom setting up the breakfast table. We had maids, but she liked doing so and I liked seeing her do so. 

"Good morning Mom!" I kissed her on her cheeks and took my seat. 

"Good morning Baekkie." Mom smiled and served me with eggs and orange juice. I love the smell of fried eggs and toast. It's my favorite breakfast! 

"What's Dad and Hyung talking about?" 

"Oh.. you know. The usual stuff." Mom replied as she settled down in the chair near me. I just nodded in response and shifted my attention back to the food. 

"By the way, you know the Oh's right?" Mom asked, scrolling down her tab. I hmmed as a response. The Oh's were the second richest family in South Korea. They owned several resorts and hotels alongside an electronics company. We meet each other often at parties but never have I bothered to talk to them except for the customary greetings. However, I have never talked to Sehun ever. Neither did I ever try to. I don't like him. He's too off. But why the sudden discussion about them? 

"What about them?" I asked nonchalantly.

"Their son, Sehun, is set to marry Kim Naeun. " This almost made me spill the juice I was drinking at the moment. The Ice Prince was getting married? And that too to Naeun?  

"Kim Naeun? Seriously?" I shouldn't be so shocked because these two were already dating, or there was a rumor about that in the school. But seriously, that girl is up to no good. If I don't like Sehun, then Naeun tops my hate list, and no, Luhan is topping my Despise-List.  My mom passed on the device to me with the article opened and I briefly glanced at it. They sure were set to marry. 

"Yeah. She goes to your school too, doesn't she? Ah, she's so pretty and decent." 

Pretty? Maybe. But decent? My .

If there was to be a battle for the title of the 'most iest-sly-horrible-egoistic-and-god-knows-what-tags ' between her and  Katherine of TVD, she'd definitely win with billions of votes! She was the leader of the Queenka of our school and had some attitude problems. But what can I say? She was a perfect match for the ing Poker Face. I bid my byes to everyone and went to school. The news must've been spread like wildfire on the whole campus and the girls must be going berzerk! And my doubts were confirmed as soon as I stepped into the building. The corridors were filled with whispers, hushes, and cries about the new couple and I knew it wasn't going to die down soon. The first lecture wasn't very peaceful because all the girls were down and the boys couldn't stop being jealous of Sehun getting all the attention. Also, I definitely heard some of the boys, who called themselves Naeun's fanboys, scheming against Sehun. Wow, these low-lives don't have any lives of their own!

But why do I care? As soon as the bell rang and our literature teacher left the class, the whispers began again. Annoyed and having enough of the same thing, I plugged in my Airpods with SNSD's 'I got a Boy' on loop.

What?

You know I am a die-hard SONE!

Kyungsoo and Jongin were fighting as usual while the boy in the news today was out of sight. Wandering my eyes from one corner to another (except for Chanyeol's because duh! He was seated behind me and I just can't look at him. It's super weird!) my eyes laid on Luhan who was quietly seated at his desk. This was a rare scene though. I've never seen him like this before. A few minutes later, I saw the deer trying to leave and the elf holding him by his wrist.

He looked..upset.

Did they fight?

And as much as I wanted to eavesdrop on their conversation, I decided against it. Finally, Sehun arrived with Naeun on his two, but he seemed a little weird too. But then again, he is always weird and wears the same, boring expression so let's forget about him for the time being. I glanced over at Chanyeol and to my surprise, he looked really angry when Luhan left suddenly.

What was going on? 

So, was the rumor true?

Were these two dating each other?

Even thinking about such a possibility made my heart hurt for some reason. I don't actually give a damn about it but still, it feels like I do. I was about to leave when Mr. Lee barged in with our Physics test results.

man! I'm gonna fail again! Hyung is going to take away my car.

Mr. Lee called for students to pick up their mark sheets. As my name was called out, I could feel the amused look on the teacher's face.

"You scored a 20 out of 60 this time Byun. Do you know what it means?" he said as I picked up my scorecard. 

"It means I failed. I know." I said bluntly. 

"I don't know how are you going to graduate with grades like that Baekhyun." The teacher sighed and me being me, ignored his words and went back to my seat.
Who cares about stupid marks when you know you've got a big company to run? 

"Park Chanyeol?"

The said elf went to pick up his scorecard. I saw the teacher grin as Chanyeol picked it up and got curious as to why the old man was doing so. 

"You made me proud. You scored 57. Good going Chanyeol!"

57?

ING WHAT?

And the worst nightmare was Luhan topping the subject with a perfect 60.

Seriously what do these jerks eat?

Brains?

Kyungsoo and Jongin too got good marks. I was a little down because of it, so I decided to take a walk. I barely had made my way to the terrace when the rain started to pour heavily, spoiling my plan to take a stroll. Just as I turned to leave, soft sobs reached my ears, and all the stories I had heard about the terrace ghost replayed in my mind. I remember Kyungsoo telling me about how a girl, who was rejected by her crush committed suicide by jumping off the terrace and killing the boy after she became a ghost. Some students too said that they've seen her several times, just sitting at the edges or have heard her crying and sobbing. Jongin once told me that a junior was almost killed by her because he threw the litter at the terrace. And this that she was always seen and heard on days like this.. the day when it rains. I started to sweat and tremble. Why can't my stupid brain can't remember the stuff it needs to and memorize every word of the things it shouldn't?

ING WHY?

The sobs grew louder and so did my fear. I can't die this soon... No way! I had to run away. I need to get away! If I die today, the money I spent on my Paris trip next month will be wasted and I just can't let that happen.

"Ok...Baekhyun.. with the count of three.." Closing my eyes and taking a deep breath, I started with the counting...
"One.."

"Two.."

"Thr-"

"If only you could've kept your promise to me.... if only.."

This voice..it's not of a ghost.

 It's...

I know it!

I peeked my head out from the corners and saw Luhan walking towards the boundary.

Was he going to jump off? 

"ing YES! Now all my problems will be gone!" I clapped my hands together and smiled like an idiot. The was going to get outta my life and I was more than happy. But when I saw him climbing up to the edges, all my happiness vanished as I watched him in horror. No way Luhan was damn serious about this.

 What if he really jumps off?

"No.," I mumbled. I can't let that happen. I rushed towards him in a hurry. The water off-balanced me and caused me to slip and I landed face-first on the ground hurting my knee but it was not the right time to be sassy about it. I had a deer to save.

"I..I still..love..you..Sehun..I'm so sorry.."

What? Did he just say...

"..but I can't!"

What the is he talking about?

"Mom..Dad..I'm coming.. Just wait for a while."

You're not dying today deer. Not just yet.

Just before he was about to take the final blow, I caught him and pulled him towards me. Wiping the tears and water off my face, I stared at the limp body of Luhan. His face was pale and his body was burning. I needed to take him to the hospital.

But why should I?  He is my enemy and I don't help enemies.

No no no.

It's against my rule book. I was determined to leave him there to die for all I cared when I stared at him. He looked helpless and dead already so, I decided to show some humanity.

"You owe me a big one, !"

Dragging him to the shelter, I dialed Hyung's number and asked him to come to get us from school. After that, I made my way to the school office and told a lie about how Luhan fell from the stairs and fainted and needed to be taken to the hospital, I got the passes for us. Kris, the Student Body President somehow heard me and bugged me on coming along, leaving me no choice but to say yes. Just within 10 minutes, the three of us were sitting in Junmyeon's car.

"What happened to him?" he asked worriedly. I didn't like my cousin being worried about someone whom I didn't like but I let it go. Junmyeon's like that to everyone and it can't be helped. 

"I think he was gonna jump off the roof. Or something like that." 

"WHAT?" Both Kris and Junmyeon screamed in horror. 

"Geez.. calm your men. He was going to but didn't. No, couldn't. Because I," patting my shoulders I continued. "-saved him! How heroic of me!" Kris rolled his eyes and Hyung chuckled. The Prez and Junmyeon got busy talking about something related to Luhan but I wasn't interested in it. What made me curious was.. why did Luhan mention Sehun's name?  Did they know each other from before? 

But they never talk.

Like never.

They avoid each other like the plague and from the dramas, I've learned that people only do that when they're either enemies or they lo-
 

"I..I still..love..you..Sehun..I'm so sorry.."

-!!

They were a couple!

Luhan and Sehun.

They dated.

Or maybe.. it was one-sided?

They kept it a secret, didn't they?

Their dirty little secret. But you can't hide things from Baekhyun you know. I stared at the sleeping deer and smiled slyly.
 

Enemies' weakness is the best weapon to get back at them!

The car stopped in front of Hyung's hospital and Luhan was admitted to the ER. Kris was totally freaked out and was pacing back and forth. When I had enough of it, I finally snapped.

"Will you stop doing that? You're giving me a headache!"

"Sorry." He mumbled and my eyes popped out of their socket. Kris apologized, to me? He even stopped moving around and leaned against the wall, his features unreadable. Is the world coming to an end? I had called Kyungsoo and Jongin earlier and told them about the little situation, also asking them to bring Chanyeol with them. He was Luhan's best friend after all.. or who knew... maybe they were more than that? A bitter feeling developed in my heart as my brain started imagining Chanyeol holding and cuddling with the damn deer.  

And if only killing someone wouldn't land me in jail, I would've gladly slained the deer!

Why in the hell did I save him? It would've been better if he was dead.

 After an hour, the doctor who was responsible for him told us that he was okay, only suffering from a fever. Kris looked so happy after hearing the news that I thought he would kiss the doctor!

"Can we meet him now?" He asked impatiently.

"He is still unconscious. Better meet him after he wakes up." The doctor smiled and departed. Kris looked a little too concerned for the stupid boy.  It's not like he was his- oh damn!

I looked at him and smirked. The Tower loves the deer but the deer loves the Ice Prince who is gonna marry the Egoistic Princess.

Oh... what a drama!

Chanyeol and the others arrived an hour later. Kris told them about what happened and how I saved him. I feel like Superman right now! Saving people and now- ENEMIES too!

Oh the applauses! Thank you so much Ladies and Gentlemen!

"Baekhyun saved him?? Like REALLY?" I glared at Jongin. Why is he making me sound so evil in front of the elf? OK, I'm evil but can't he just keep it our secret?

"God...I'm so surprised it was Baekkie. He would've rather pushed him off!"

"Shut up you Kkamjong! I'm not that heartless." I snapped.

"Tell that to yourself." Jongin stuck his tongue out. I was about to snap back at him when I saw Chanyeol smiling my way and it was all my heart needed to stop functioning.

"Thank you, Byun." he smiled again and I died.

"Ye-yeah. No..umm problem." Why did I have to stutter? I'm so embarrassing sometimes! URRGGHH! But it was not like I was talking to my crush or something like-

Crush?

That's when it hit me hard! All these weird feelings I get whenever I look at him.. or the way my heart skips a beat when our eyes meet... it's all... like what they say in the dramas...they're the signs telling you that you're crushing on someone! With eyes more wider and shocked than Kyungsoo's, I looked at the giant elf. His messy brown hair fell perfectly on his forehead. The way his head was leaning against the wall and his thin lips were parted a little. it almost made me think about the stuff! Even though he was dressed in uniform, he looked like a perfect model. Thank heavens his eyes were closed or else-

!!!

Why did he have to open his eyes and look straight at me? Oh damn, I'm caught! He must be thinking of me as a ert! He gave me a small smile but because of complete embarrassment caused by none other than me, I had to look away! 

It was in the evening when Kyungsoo and Jongin left for home and Kris decided to stay with Luhan. What sweet things love makes you do! And Chanyeol? Well, he went somewhere. The Tower asked me to go home too, but I wanted to stay. Not for the ugly deer but for.. umm...the...

"Yeah, I'll leave then." I stood up and went to Hyung's office.

So stupid..so stupid.. so stupid!

I was walking with my eyes closed and cursing myself when I ran into someone, who turned out to be Park Chanyeol!

"Are you alright?" he asked in a husky voice. Say in such a voice again and I'll kiss you!

"Umm.. yeah."

"I'm really thankful to you.. for saving Luhan you know."

URRGGHH... Not Luhan again. Please!

I nodded in response and was about to leave when he caught my wrist!

DANGER...DANGER..DANGER...

Baekhyun calm down. He just held your wrist.. he just....he

HOW CAN I ING CALM DOWN WHEN MY CRUSH IS HOLDING MY WRIST?

My face... I didn't need a mirror to tell that it must've been changed from the white to the darkest shade of red.

"Are-umm are you free this weekend?"

"Uh..yes. I guess." I chuckled.

"So, you know, I was just wondering if you'll join me at that amusement park...which..you know..started recently?" Chanyeol scratched the back of his neck and smiled sheepishly.

"Uh..sure. Okay." My reply surely made my crush happy.

"Okay! Let's meet there at 5! I'll be waiting!" He grinned and ran off. And this is how I got asked on a date with my enemy's best friend Park Chanyeol, who was now my crush!

The drama sure will be ingly an interesting one!


A/N:

So Baekhyun saving Luhan made him know multiple things including his feelings for Chanyeol!

Hehehehe...

Are you guys enjoying it? Am I being too boring? Please do comments and subscribe!

And the readers who do the comments regularly.. thank you soo much... it actually means lot to me!

XOXO!