Things Love Makes You Do!

It Started With the Rain!

Baekhyun’s POV

It is a universal fact that I hate studies and everything related to it.

Waking up every morning just to go to the boring, stupid place called school, tolerating the unbearable lectures (although I don’t attend that many classes but still, that’s what they are!), enduring the leech-like students who try to befriend me just because I’m ing rich (except Kyungsoo and Jongin of course! We’re BFF’s! ), projects, labs, assignments….I ing hate everything!

My grades are just passable (courtesy of my powerful surname… huuhuhuhauhauha) and my attendance is just over the deadline. My teachers and my parents are genuinely scared for me and my future, especially my beloved father. Sometimes, I wonder if he has already given up on me. He doesn't stop spoiling me though - after all, I am his only son. But brutally put, I never care about anything. Why should I? A valedictorian or not, I am either way going to inherit my father's business. Not until Junmyeon hyung threatens me with my car, my cards, and my music.

He is the only person whose words get on my nerves!

However, in the past few months, I’ve started enjoying the school. Moreover, I’ve started to attend my classes regularly too.

Byun Baekhyun enjoying school. Strange, right?

But that is true, and the credit goes to a certain someone with huge, elf ears and a godly figure. Since the moment I realized that I was apparently in love with Chanyeol, a few of my natural habits have changed drastically - which didn't go unnoticed by the people who knew me well. There had been numerous instances when Kyungsoo and even the dumb Jongin became suspicious of my actions. Allow me to brief two of them here!

#Incident No. 1-

It was a good, fine weekend and we were hanging out in my father's mall. As we crossed by one of the apparel shops, a mannequin that looked hauntingly similar to Chanyeol, garnered my attention, and somehow, a smile crept up on my face. I decided that the red scarf that was wrapped around that mannequin would look definitely good on that stupid elf and suddenly an image of him wearing it popped up in my brain. And that made me blush badly. However, I forgot whom I was standing with - the spawn of Satan - Do Kyungsoo, who didn't hesitate in voicing out his thoughts.

“Are you dating someone?” Kyungsoo commented.

"Wha-what? No!" I was flabbergasted and immediately denied it. 

“Then why are you blushing?”

"I am not blushing!" 

"And you have been awfully cheerful in these past few days. Is something going on with you that you are hiding from me? Did you get a crush or something?" Kyungsoo hardened his gaze and I had to escape that. I couldn't prove his doubts right, not now! So I just rolled my eyes and walked away, trying miserably to calm my pounding heart.

#Incident No. 2-

Fridays were when Chanyeol's workplace would be swamped with customers leaving no time for him to even blink during his shift. Fridays also happen to be the days when Kyungsoo would have band practice and wouldn't breathe down my neck! Thus, this particular day of the week became the day when I would make my way into EXO Café to bless my eyes with the sight of my adorable crush! And the funny thing was that even with his gifted height, he wouldn't be able to find me, sitting in the corner, stalking him.

Genius, isn't it?

So, like always, I was here, cursing the living hell out because this annoying girl was giggling and acting funny in front of Chanyeol when Jongin poked my cheeks on the right. 
 

"What?!" I snarled. Jongin gulped before opening his dumb mouth. 

“Is something bothering you, Baek?" 

Yes! That ! How dare she ask for a picture with my elf!?

"No." 

"Then why are you drinking cappuccino when you don't like it?"

 As soon as he pointed at the drink, I looked down only to find that I was definitely drinking the poisonous drink while my favorite latte sat in front of Jongin. 

"I-I just wanted to taste it," I replied and then pushed it towards Jongin, who in exchange handed my latte over. 
 

"Oh, really? It wasn't because you were busy glaring at that girl who was talking to Chanyeol?"

I almost choked on my beverage while Jongin smirked and carried on happily with his absurd choice. 

 

So, yeah.

From that fateful night when Chanyeol gifted me that Pororo plushie, I couldn't help but go all blank whenever I was around him. My heart would explode like a thousand suns, my breath hitched even with one look at his gorgeous face! But looking at him right now, I am only planning to murder him in the most brutal way possible! 

Chanyeol stood right there in front of the board, asking students to submit their homework and I was only bugging Jongin to comply with his orders when I saw the unimaginable - my elf flirting with a girl!

A freaking girl!

“Hey Chanyeol, uh, are you free this weekend?” The girl, Haneul who also is in our class, asked in a sickly sweet voice that could make anyone gag. Really, what do they imagine before going all innocent and sugary in front of hot boys? That they will get accepted?

Please gurl!

You will only get your button-eyes filled with tears.

“This weekend? Hmm, I guess so. Why?”

"I was wondering if... if you would go out with me."  Chanyeol staked all the notebooks and finally looked at her. I noticed the reddening of her cheeks when their eyes met, and I didn't like it one bit. How dare he look at someone else like that? But hey, it was Hanuel's loss only because I was sure Chanyeol would reject her in a heartbeat 'cause he-

"Yeah, no problem!"

-is mine...

WHY DID HE SAY YES?

THAT !

“Oh my god! Really?” The girl squealed and Chanyeol hummed. 

That jerk! I wanted to eat him alive!

Who the hell does he think he is? And going out with a girl who doesn't even look like a girl? I hate to say this but she looks much uglier than that Chinese trash who is always tailing Chanyeol everywhere! It's only the Byun awesomeness Baekhyun who would look amazing with Park ing Chanyeol and not some twitch! Yet, that idiot had to accept the offer.

What was he thinking?

Urrgghh!! 

Or did he even think? 

Hanuel was back in her seat, jumping up and down like crazy while Chanyeol was.. well I don't care what the he was doing!

He can go die somewhere for all I care!

May they both get choked to death on their ing date!

Or get rolled over by a car or a bus or whatever ing and I will still not care! I hate him!! I hate him so so so much! I didn’t notice that I was holding something until Jongin’s girly scream reached my- OH wait!

It was the whole corridor’s ears!

“BAEK WHAT THE HELL! THAT WAS MY PROJECT REPORT!”

Everyone looked at the poor, crumpled papers lying lifelessly on the ground.


“Care to explain why the hell are we here?” Kyungsoo asked unamused. At first, I didn't want to answer his question, but then I knew I wouldn't be able to ignore it for long. Thus, with an exasperated sigh, I replied with the first thing that popped up in my mind.

“Because I missed the three of us and wanted to hang out with you guys!”

“In such an attire?” cried Jongin, pulling his black hoodie down and removing the black sunglasses.

“Seriously dude! Don't you ever try to be a fashion designer! You’re the worst I tell you! And who the hell wears sunglasses inside a mall?” 

“Shut up and just put them back! I don’t wanna get noticed because of an idiot like you!” I snapped and shoved the black glasses back on Jongin. I don't wanna get caught doing such an embarrassing thing out in public! My dad will throw me out of the mansion. And I definitely don't want that. But this is my love we're talking about and nobody, I repeat-NOBODY is allowed to go on a date with MY Chanyeol. Only I’ve got the right to do so! And THAT - just how did she get the guts to ask MY giant for a date?

Nobody touches what’s mine!

 I’m Byun Baekhyun!

I’ll ask Mr. Woo to cut their hands, then chop them like onions, and then feed them to the crocodiles IF anybody defies the LAW!!

"But really, why are we here?" Kyungsoo asked again.

“We are here to play detectives!” I smirked, adjusting my sunglasses. The other two looked at me as if I had grown two heads. It was really stupid but, for Chanyeol, I’d do anything!

"Baek, I don't-"

“I’ll be Sherlock. Kyungsoo, you can be my Watson. And..you...Jongin," I said with an evil grin, “-can be our dog!”

Kyungsoo finally broke into laughter while the other just pouted murmuring something about how we don't give him enough credit or something like that. 

“And just who is our target?” After a while, Kyungsoo dropped the question I had wanted him not to ask. 

"Yeah, who are we tailing, woof-woof!" Jongin chimed in, adding fuel to the fire. I initially thought of hiding the truth from them, but then again someday, they would come to know and who knows what Kyungsoo would do then. Also, these are my friends after all, and they will be playing major roles in helping me to ruin this date for those two.

Hohoho!

“Uh, Park Chanyeol?”

“CHANYEOL? WHY?” Kyungsoo’s eyes got bigger while Jongin just looked like he was not interested anymore. 

“Keep your voice down, you moron! People are staring at us as if we’re crazy!” I shushed the boy who looked like will faint at any moment. 

“But why are we spying on him? Is he that interesting?” Jongin asked nonchalantly as he settled down on a bench. Kyungsoo glared at him as he did, but said nothing. I may have been wrong but I did notice some awkward tension between these two. 

“Well, I am trying to save his sorry -"

"-I don't believe you."

"-so that I can make him my slave later and order him around."

“Do you, by any chance, like Chanyeol?” My eyes were on stalks. How foolish of me to think that he won't notice. Damn, what do I do now??

"What? Why in the world would you say that?" I stared at Kyungsoo who was giving me a challenging look and , I thought I will pee in my pants.

That guy is really scary!

"You're lying," stated my short friend with his big, accusing eyes. He then removed the glasses and pulled his hoodie down. "I am done with this ! I am going home!"

Just when I was about to smack the moron, Chanyeol walked into the mall. And oh god, just stop him from looking this y as hell.

 I don’t wanna die this young, that too because of nosebleeds!

 “No one is going anywhere!" I smirked as I got into my Sherlock mode and pulled the two idiots on either side of me.

"We’ve got some work to do, lads!”


CHANYEOL’S POV

“Hey, Haneul. Right?” The moment I found the person whom I had been looking for, I was already out of breath. 

"Chanyeol?" She looked at me in surprise. "Are you alri-"

“I’m gay,” without giving her a chance to complete her sentence, I blurted it out. 

“G-gay?” she looked even more surprised. “You are kidding, right?” she weakly laughed but looking at my unchanged expression, her smile dropped.

“You really are gay.” I nodded in agreement. I was waiting for the insults and curses, and I was all prepared for it, but what I got was unexpected.

“That is so awesome!” That sweet smile was back on her small face as she clapped her hand in excitement, and to me, she looked like a child.

“The guy you’ll love will be the luckiest! I’m sure of it!”

“You-uhh..you are not angry?”

“Angry? Why?”  Haneul looked at me in confusion but then she burst into laughter.

Oh. No no no... I’m not homophobic! I’ve met a lot of gay couples and believe me, I find them cute!”

“Thank you, for understanding!” I said. “Friends, can we?”

“Sure!” She exclaimed and shook hands with me. "I hope we’re still up for the Sunday meeting, right? City Mall? At 6?”

“City Mall it is.” We exchanged our numbers and said goodbyes.

So, this is how I ended up here, in the mall today with my new friend, Haneul. After checking out some stores (because she insisted on buying a gift for me.) we stopped at Café Coffee Day.

“Do you..have someone in your mind?” she asked, taking a sip of her coffee.

“I..well.. yes. There is this someone I like but, I’m not sure.” I chuckled.

“And who that person is, if I may ask? Is it someone from our school? Someone I know?”

“Woooh-wooh.. calm down soldier!” I laughed. “Yes, it's someone from our school and yes you know him!”

“Luhan! Right?” She clapped her hands in victory while I gasped in shock.

“GOD! NO! Why does everybody think that I and he are dating? He is my little brother!” I can't believe it! Just because we are really close and hang out almost all the time does not make us boyfriends!

“Umm sorry. I just thought that-“

“No. It's okay. But we are not dating. We both love different people. “ I said calmly.

Hanuel nodded her head in understanding and we continued our talk until I noticed something was wrong here.

Were we being followed?


BAEKHYUN’S POV

Gucci. Prada. Nike. Addidas.

They both went to like fifteen stores doing god knows what because they never came out with a packet. Were they just window shopping? I and my assistants were tired, hungry, and thirsty by now but I just could not abort the mission! No Way!

“Are they ing going into that store?” Jongin panted his hands on his knees.

“Go there and I’ll have no mercy in killing you guys!” Kyungsoo glared at the couple. Jongin and I gasped dramatically earning smacks from him.

We waited outside the store, our faces hidden with big black sunglasses and hoodies. People were gawking at us if were some kind of stalker or something similar. And at that moment we really were! Oh this love will drive me crazy!

“HEY! They’re on the move!” Jongin yelled and we followed them to café coffee day.

We knew we needed to order something and Kyungsoo volunteered. I and Jongin took the nearest table to Chanyeol’s so we could listen to their conversation. The girl was sitting, her back facing my face while Chanyeol sat opposite to me and damn, he was looking handsome! Have I told you this earlier? No? Yes? Oh, forget it!

“Now what?” Kyungsoo asked, passing me my black coffee. “We spy. We listen.”

“We listen?” I tried to say it coolly in a British accent. Because Sherlock is British!

“We listen.”

“We listen?”

“We listen. And we spy too!”

“We spy too?”

“ING YES! STOP REPEATING IT!” I snapped at the owl-eyed boy.

“So, you are sayin’ that-“

“Sshh. Listen!” I mumbled and focused on their conversation.

“Isn't she asking the same thing? Him dating Luhan?” Jongin said putting his cup down. This Luhan, he never forgets to be left behind! Just how does he manage to be in everybody’s A-list?

“But didn’t Chanyeol deny? Like he did when I had asked him?” Kyungsoo said, his brows furrowed.

“YOU MET CHANYEOL? WHEN?” I asked in disbelief.

“Just when he had uh joined the school?” Kyungsoo replied.

I know I shouldn’t be jealous or angry or upset or anything but literally, I WAS EVERYTHING!

“If you guys are done, then can we just do what we’re here for?” Jongin interrupted and we focused on our target again.

“No. It's okay. But we are not dating. We both love different people. “

They were laughing and all while here was me, sitting just next to them, spying the giant wasn’t even aware of my presence and he was rambling and blabbering about this stupid-idiot-assshole-jerk-ugly monster he is in love with, huh?

“He is already in love?” Kyungsoo asked with curiosity making me look at him. Did he like Chanyeol as well? But wasn’t he and Jongin a thing? I turned to look at Jongin who sat silently which was so not him! He was all over Soo a week ago and now they barely talk. Am I missing something here?

“You noticed something?” I heard Chanyeol’s voice.

“Yeah. I think we’re being stalked.” Haneul replied softly.

IT! THEY NOTICED!

The three of us looked at each other in terror. And just like we talked about it in our minds, we decided that running away was the only solution. We silently rose up from our seats and were all set to flee when I felt a grip on my shoulder.

I'M DEAD! There’s no escaping for me now!

HE’S GONNA HATE ME FOREVER! BURY ME SIX FEET DOWN WITHOUT EVEN A COFFIN FOR MY BODY TO ROT AND STINK!

Kyungsoo and Jongin mouthed a sorry before leaving me behind in the hands of the Devil. How dare they! Cowards!

“Why are you following us?” he asked coldly and I just prayed for my own death.

“Is there a problem sir?” One of the employees walked up to us.

“Tell me or I’m gonna hand you over to the security!”

You’re screwed Baekhyun. Damn! What do I do now?

“Chanyeol, let's just call the security. They’ll know what to do with psychos like him!”

This !

“Yeah, let's-“

With a heavy breath and my eyes closed, I turned around, lowering down my hoodie and removing the glasses.

“Bae-Baekhyun?”

“Hi..Chanyeol.”


A/N:

Hey guys! I'm back!

Welcome new subbies and THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SUBSCRIBING AND READING ISWTR!!

Thank you for the comments too. Means a lot! :)

I hope you all are enjoying this.

Let me know about this chapter too! 

Love you all! ^^