Now I Long For Yesterday

It Started With the Rain!

Saying that things had gotten better for Baekhyun was an understatement because with each passing day, the students came to hate him more.

Kyungsoo and Jongin tried their best to help their bestfriend to take his mind off the things and when Baekhyun would finally try to forget and smile, the other students would just make it more worse than things already were.

The once high held head and chest broadened with ego and pride was now walking timidly in the hallways with his gaze always on the ground.

They were really enjoying to see the Diva fallen and broken.

It was like everyone was venting their rage at him for the things he had said or done to the others once in a while. Although Baekhyun was a reserved person and never paid any attention to the others but he also was never nice to them. His comments were like venom and his attitude was something nobody can stand. In group projects or assignments, he would never care about any of them. Because he  knew that his partners would always do it for him. 

They were all scared of the almighty Byun Baekhyun.

But now, it's the other way around.

Karma sure is a .

Was this how Luhan must’ve felt when they were talking about him like this? Baekhyun would always think.

Whenever he passed by Luhan, he would look at him with eyes filled of hatred and disgust. In the soccer field, he would always make it hard for the boy, trip him over and do  everything to let him down. And now, he couldn't even look him in the eyes. He was too afraid and ashamed that he would just pass by him quitely. 

But he would always feel the daggers thrown at him by someone who always stood by Luhan's side.

Was it Kris? Chanyeol?

Sehun was, thankfully not even interested in any of the chaos that he has created. He would always have his poker face on and would always wear that negative aura around him so nobody ever dared to bother him. Sometimes Baekhyun really was forced to think if the Ice Prince ever loved Luhan. Although he was thankful for getting punched by him, he would also feel sad for Sehun to not doing that to him. 

He wanted Sehun to be with Luhan, just like he wanted Chanyeol to stand up for him  and punch the daylights out of the ing s in times like now. 

Was Sehun too this cold and ignorant towards him just like Chanyeol is right now? 

Nights would be spend crying and regretting about the things he had done and in the mornings, he'd just go mute. Junmyeon was worried about him and whenever he tried to talk, Baekhyun would just answer with 'it's nothing, hyung!' 

It was just another day in the school. When Baekhyun opened his locker, it was filled with trash, just like the other days since the cafeteria scene. He know he should get acustomed to things like that and ignore the bull and crappy comments thrown towards him but its harder done than said. It would always disgust him and make him feel like trash himself. 

"Ya! Byun! You should just go and die!" Taecyeon, one of the guy from basket ball team said.

"I think this prick has no shame!" Dongwoo, another guy laughed. 

Tears started to form in his eyes but he knew better not to break down in front of these morons. Kyungsoo has lectured him enough to stay strong and not let these snarky comments or stupid people bother him.

He was Byun Baekhyun after all!

"Don't mind them Baek. They are just losers who don't have anything else to do." Jongin said and glared at them.  

The walk to their class seemed like miles and Baekhyun just wanted to hide in the corner, away from the disgusting stares thrown his way.

Away from the one person he knew was hurt the most. 

But his fate was cruel. 

Too cruel.

How could he just forget that he sat right ahead of Chanyeol?

When Baekhyun walked to his desk, Chanyeol didn't even spare him a glance and looked outside the window. This was nothing new, either.

But somehow, Baekhyun will always hope that maybe someday Chanyeol will. He was missing the giant like hell and god knows how much he regretted doing the things he has done and if only Chanyeol could for once just listen to him, who knows maybe things could get better? 

But that's not gonna happen, right? Baekhyun sighed and settled down on his seat.

Just one more month and then we'll be in different classes. Chanyeol thought to himself.

Whenever he saw the smaller's face, the thought of getting betrayed once again would make him go mad. If only he wouldn't have any feelings for the boy, Baekhyun would've ended beaten up so badly.

"Chanye-"

Baekhyun was on verge of breaking down when Chanyeol simply stood up and asked Kyungsoo to switch places with him. Shooting the boy an apologetic look, Kyungsoo agreed. 

Another failed attempt. 

The teacher was late and the class decided to do what they please.

Some were oogling at Baekhyun, talking about him while some were just playing around when suddenly three girls entered in, eyeing every face and stopped when they found who they were looking for.

"You!" A furious Naeun headed to Luhan. 

"How dare you date my fiance?" she said slamming her hands on the desk. Sehun rose from his seat and asked Naeun to leave but she was too stubborn to listen. 

"Naeun you ing get out of here when I'm still being nice!" Sehun glowered and that was the first time in forever when Luhan has seen the boy this angry. Sure he had been fussing over Kris but this was his fiance! 

"Have you seen yourself in the mirror?" The other girl, Chorong looked at him disgustingly. "You look like a stupid peasent."

"You don't even look like a peasant to me! So off, cronk!" Chanyeol hissed, making the girls to gasp. 

"YAA! Who the are you to tell me what to do huh?" Eunji flamed up. 

"Listen you whatever your name is, just leave before I really-" Sehun would've punched the girl right there if Luhan wouldn't have decided to cut him off. 

"You've got a problem with me then talk to me.." Luhan calmly said and met with the cold eyes of his ex-lover's fiance who was staring right at him. 

"Friend? Just how many 'friends' do you have?" Naeun's tone didn't please the giant Yoda.

"Plenty. And for your information, me and Sehun-ssi are not dating and we never did. It was just a mistake we both made. I will never date someone like him, even if he was the last person on ths earth. So, now ing leave me alone 'cause this jerk here is all yours for all I care!"   

Luhan's cold relevation made Sehun's eyes widened in shock but he quickly composed himself. He wouldnt let anyone know how those words has stabbed him. 

"They are surely right. You just are after money and . I bet Kris would've enjoyed you, no?" Naeun had this evilish grin on her face and she knew she had touched the right spot when tears came rolling down Luhan's cheek. 

"And what about this guy-" she pointed at Chanyeol who threw daggers at her. "-Is he good to you too? I don't really understand how you have rich boys, excluding this waiter here-" her stare was judging when she looked at Chanyeol. "-whipped under your finger?" Eunji and Chorong chuckled at it and Luhan was hoping for this to end soon. 

Waiter? How dare they call Chanyeol something like that! Baekhyun's blodd boiled up.

"How do you seduce them? With your looks? Throwing off your pants?" Chorong raised her eyebrow.

"Or is it something else?" Eunji joined in. 

"That's it now! I'm gonna forget you ing es are girls and just-" 

"He is not as low as you es are! Just leave him alone, okay?" 

Nobody would've believed on what they have just seen until an angry Baekhyun pulled Eunji by her collar. 

He didn't care about if she was a girl because she has no right to throw insults at Luhan. 

Chanyeol's mouth hung open and his pupils dialted. Was he really illusioning or was it really Baekhyun?

"Don't mess with my friend or else, you will end up transferring schools." the threat made Eunji to gulp and she took her steps back, hiding behind her friends. 

"Ya! You are-"

"SHUT THE UP!" Sehun had enough of this stupidity and thus, he took Naeun by wrist and dragged her out of the classroom. Eunji and Chorong were taken aback by the sudden act and they followed their friend and her fiance out.

"What the hell are you doing?" he growled. Naeun looked a little startled and embarrassed because of the treatment she had recieved. She had the reputation of the Princess in the school and Sehun was no one to tarnish it.

"Are you siding that instead of me?" she crossed her arms.

"What if I am?" 

Naeun looked at him in shock with her lips slightly parted. 

"But you should not! I am going to be your wife! You should listen to me and be wit-" 

Sehun rolled his eyes and before the girl could complete, he left.

Meanwhile, inside the class, the whispers started among the students.

They couldn't believe that Byun Baekhyun, the no.1 hater of Luhan actually helped him out. Kyungsoo was smiling like a proud mother, his bratty friend finally got mature.

"Luhan, I'm sorry for what I have done to you. I really am. But don't you worry. I will clean this mess up!" Baekhyun geniunely smiled, leaving Luhan confused, not knowing how to respond. Should be thankful? 

Should he forgive him?

But what if he was going to hurt him again? 

"Let's be friends. What do you say?" Extending his arms and with hope glistening in his eyes, Baekhyun put up a smile. Luhan was having an internal battle with himself, deciding whether to accept or not when Chanyeol swayed his hands away. 

"Haven't you helped him enough?" he snapped. Baekhyun looked at him in guilt. Of course Chanyeol will never let him befriend Luhan. But he was being serious when he said he will clean all the mess he has caused. 

"Listen Chanyeol. Believe me this once and I'll prove it to you that I mean good." Chanyeol chuckled bitterly and pushed the smaller away. Baekhyun had enough. He won't let the taller insult and humiliate him to this extent. He had some self-respect too for crying out loud!! So, being bold and bratty self he was, he held

Chanyeol by his hand and swung him around with all the might in him. 

"I.will.prove.it.to.you. No matter what!"

"You can never do that, Byun. Never ever in your this or even the next lifetimes." Chanyeol gritted his teeth. "Because when I hate, I make sure that this hate never comes to an end!"  

Thankfully, the teacher came and the class was back to their usual self. Sehun was sitting there with his poker face while Luhan just wiped his tears off and took his notebook out. 

"Baekhyun! Chanyeol?! Go back to your seats." the teacher said annoyed. Pushing the former hard, Chanyeol silently sat down on his seat.

The taste of salty water soon reached his lips.

Was Luhan's heart too in incurable pain when Sehun had left him helpless? 

So, is this why he tried to end his life?

Yeah.

 Maybe.


A/N:

So, yeah, Baekhyun and Chanyeol are really at bad terms now. I am feeling bad for Baek too... 

should I end his sufferings already??

or should I let him suffer some more??

Comment and tell me...!!

oh and thankyou so much for the readers who comment regularly!! you guys don't know how happy it makes me to read your comments!! I hope I'm not being too boring here... hehe!! 

love you all!!!