Out of the darkness, Into the fire.

It Started With the Rain!

 The stars illuminated amongst the ocean of  blackness.  The moon shone over the tall trees, hanging a little lower than what is usually seen in the city. The lake glistened, mirroring the dazzling cluster of the stars and the radiating full moon. The faint winter wind blew slowly, walking past the two boys laid on the lush green grass. 

It was all beautiful, Baekhyun thought as he kept staring at the vast dark sky. 

He has never been to a place that was this beautiful and heavenly. 

Since his birth, he has been only been to cities with skyscrapers and polluted skies where the stars were seen rarely. According to him, the country side was a place meant only for poor people, and not for people like him and would always reject when Junmyeon would ask him to accompany him to the sides whenever he went on a medical trip.But now, Baekhyun regretted being so bratty and judging. The place was even better than what they show in the TVs and Baekhyun decided that when he grows up, he’ll be living here-peacefully and away from the noises of the city. 


“It’s beautiful, right?” Chanyeol’s voice reached his ears and he was snapped out of his thoughts. The taller was lying just next to him, his beautiful black orbs looking intently at somewhere in the sky. 

“I wanted to be an astronuat when I was young.” he continued. 

“My Mom and I used to sit in our backyard for hours and gaze at the stars. She loved it.” 

“Doesn’t she loves them now?” Baekhyun asked.

“She..I don't know.” Chanyeol replied sadly. "We don't talk."

Baekhyun sympathically looked at him and cursed for asking such question.

“I-I didnt ......I am sorry Chanyeol.” 

“Its okay. Its not like she is dead or something..! We just don't talk. It’s not like you knew!”  Chanyeol chuckled when he saw the sorry look on the smaller's face. Baekhyun knew it was just to console him but the last sentence Chanyeol said had hit him like a truck. 

 I didn’t know.

He was right. Baekhyun didn’t know a thing about him. Except his name and that he lived in a small apartment with Luhan and, he worked in a cafe, there was nothing Baekhyun knew about the boy. 

“Baek I- Oh ! Why are you crying?” Chanyeol quickly sat and placed a hand on the crying boy’s cheek. 

“Is something wrong? Are you okay?” he asked, worried. 

“I-Chanyeol... I don’t-don’t...I’m sorry!” Baekhyun sobbed. 

“I was so stupid to think that I was your best friend when I really didn’t know a thing about you! I never even trued to ask you about you and...kept on envying Luhan for nothing! I’m such a bad friend! I-”

“Baek, listen to me! You’re not a bad friend! Its me!” Chanyeol said, cutting Baekhyun in between. 

“It’s all me. So, don’t blame yourself, okay?”

“But Y-yeol I-”

“Please Baekhyun.” Chanyeol took Baekhyun’s hands and squeezed gently. 

“Listen to me, ‘kay? You did nothing wrong. It was me who couldn’t trust you because..because of the things that I’ve been through.” 

“ And it was so wrong of me to judge you. I should’ve told you right away when you asked but I chickened out and-”

“It’s fine Chanyeol. You told me to wait and I’d do that!” Baekhyun smiled weakly.   

“No Baek. You don’t have to wait anymore now. I’m gonna tell you. I brought you here to talk, remember?”

“Are you sure?”

Chanyeol nodded.

 Taking a deep breath he opened his mouth to say something but he couldn’t find the words to start speaking. Morever he felt pressured and nervous under the gaze of his crush. 

Try Chanyeol.
You can do it!

“I...its-” 

Baekhyun’s body stiffened and his senses perked up. His eyes were fixed at the giant and his heart beating erratically. It was a similar situation, he remembered. Everything was just like that day when Chanyeol had previously tried to tell him his secret but ended up saying that he was not ready and the smaller couldn’t stop his mind to stop thinking about the negatives.

What if this time again, Chanyeol did not trust him enough?

What if he is still not ready?

What if he hurt him again?

Clutching the hem of his scarf, he waited rather nervously. More nervous than the previous time.

“I- Oh god its much harder than I thought!” Chanyeol yelled in frustration. A wave of disappointment and betrayal hit Baekhyun hard. He knew this was bound to happen. No matter how hard he try to make the giant see that he is trustable, Chanyeol will never count on him. 

Never.

“It’s okay Yeol. You don’t have to tell-tell me. I am okay with-”

“Just...promise me you will not judge me.”  Chanyeol looked in all seriousness at Baekhyun.

“I never have. And I never will.”

A smile appeared on Baekhyun’s face and he clutched onto Chanyeol’s hands. Shutting his eyes close and then taking deep breaths, Chanyeol felt prepared. For the first time ever, he was going to disclosehis past to someone who is not Luhan or his dad. His mind wanted to stop, not ready yet to trust someone outside his family but his heart wanted to give Baekhyun a chance. For the past four years of his life, he has always been listening to his brain, not really letting anyone in his life that easily. People thoughthim to be happy and funny because of him being rainbows and sunshines all the time but none saw how scared and alone he was. He couldn't make friends easily and dating was out of question and he had accepted it. But then came Byun Baekhyun  and his world was turned upside down. Also, his heart kept on fluttering, something that has never happened to him ever.So, he decided to go with his heart's decision this time, hoping that everything will be fine.

Sighing, Chanyeol opened his mouth and like a movie, all the memories he had buried deep down somewhere, started playing before his eyes.

*flashback*

 "PARK CHANYEOL!" Luhan's voice boomed in the huge room.
 

"It's the first day of our fifth grade and you are still sleeping?" Little 12 year old Chanyeol groaned in his sleep.

"Go away! I don't wanna go to school!" 

Luhan smacked him and pushed him off the bed. With a thud sound, Chanyeol landed straight on his . He should've known better not to mess with a 
boy who was much stronger than him.

No no..don't get fooled by his small frame and face like an angel.

He can crush your bones if he wants you know!

He is dangerous!

A pure devil!

"Ouch! Luhan! You st-"

"No swearing! It's not what kids do!" Luhan crossed his arms and glared.

"I'm going to ask Dad Park to ban you from watching the adult movies!" 

Chanyeol stared at him wide eyed and gasped. Before he could open his mouth, Luhan dragged him to the bathroom and told him to bath quick and get ready
for school if he really wants to be the god-father of his unbron little sister.

"Tell me why am I friends with you!" Chanyeol yelled from the inside. 

"Because I am cute! And better than you!"

Luhan's dad dropped them off to school and the boys happily went to their class. There were few same faces from their last class and some new ones,
maybe from other sections, Chanyeol thought.
The homeroom teacher, Miss Sooyoung welcomed the students to the new year and lectured them about studying hard and making their parents andteachers proud of them by being better kids. 

"Okay now, we've got two new students with us this year. C'mon boys!" She exclaimed happily and then two boys almost as same height as Chanyeol entered in. 

"Introduce yourselves boys!" Sooyoung smiled sweetly and the boys nodded.

"I am Ilhoon. Nice to meet you all." the boy with black hairs bowed.

"I am Ji Ho. But call me Zico!" The other boy, who had slightly blonde hairs smiled. 

Woow... they sound so confident even on their first day! They are so cool! Chanyeol thought.

"Okaaay boys..you can ummmmm, sit behind Jin and Minhyun!" Sooyoung said and the mentioned boys raised their hands. 

Zico and Ilhoon both walked to them and said their hellos. 

"They seem wierd, don't you think?" Luhan whispered to Chanyeol who  shrugged.

The days went by and school was going fine.

Their first mid term came around and the students got busy with studies. It was a saturday night when the Lu's had to go to a relatives
house to attend some function.

But because of his exams, Luhan had told his parents that he'd stay at home.

"Are you sure you'll be okay baby?" Mrs. Lu asked, rubbing gentley at her swollen belly.

"Yes mom! I'm a big boy now! Also, Chan is coming over to study!" he replied.

"Okay then! We'll be back as soon as we can, 'kay?" The lady smiled and kissed her son's forehead. "Say bye to you little sister!" 
Luhan sweetly touched his mom's belly and cooed a bye and take care to his unborn sister.

"Food is in the fridge! Heat it before you pigs decide to eat!" Mr. Lu said and kissed bye to Luhan.
"Don't open the doors for strangers Han!" 

A few minutes later after his parents had left, Chanyeol knocked on the door and the boys got busy with their maths exercises. 
Around 9, their stomachs growled and Luhan went to kitchen to microwave the food. 

"I'm hungry Hanniiiiee~ pppaaaallllliii!" Chanyeol whined. 

"I'm almost done!" Luhan said as he served the fried rice and chicken in the plate. 

"Here!" Luhan gave one of the plate to a hungry Chanyeol who took a spoonful of rice in his mouth. Luhan was about to eat when the doorbell rang.

"Mom and Papa are back!" smilingly he rushed to the door and opened it quickly to find some cops standing in front of him. 

"Are you Luhan?" one of the cops asked and Luhan answered with a yes.

"Luhan, who is it?" Chanyeol came running from behind. 

"We are sorry little kid, but your parents died in an accident." 

The news broke little Luhan and he kept on crying for days. After the funeral, Chanyeol and his parents took Luhan into their shelter and looked after him. Jin Young also talked with the school administration to grant the poor boy a leave of a month. Chanyeol would never leave Luhan's side and would stick to him like glue. Mrs. Park was also taking care of him well. She would always make Luhan's faviroute food to cheer the boy up.
The whole Park mansion was also always trying their best to make their young master's best friend feel comfortable and fine.

"I'm here Han! Don't worry!" Chanyeol would always say but Luhan never responds.
It was like after the funeral, Luhan's voice and senses were gone too. He would stare into blankness, would stay still for hours and will never speak. His health was degrading and as each day passed by, he was getting more paler and thiner. 

A month passed, yet no response was shown by him and this worried the Parks. Also, it was time to go back to school and Jin Young only hoped that maybe it would do some good to him.Chanyeol, like promised was always seen with him. He would do Luhan's homeork, take notes for him and would even shoo away the bullies.
But now, Chanyeol felt tired and frustrated.He was angry from Luhan for the boy was taking it too far. 
So, one night he decided to confront his best friend.

"Please Han, don't be like this! You are everybody's sunshine! Do you want to upset your parents and your little sister by being this sad?"
Chanyeol had said to Luhan, tears running down his face and he was cluthching on Luhan's cold hand.

"We love you Hannie! Be strong for us! You have to move on!" He sobbed.

"Mama Lu....Papa Lu.. I'm sure they are so sad in heaven to see you like this! Even our lil sis must be whining and complaining that her big brother is so ugly even when she is pretty. Do you want that?"

Salty water rolled down Luhan's face and he turned to face his best friend.

"Luh--you"

"I'm so sor-sorry Yeollie! I was..being so m-mean! I..I am such a b-bad son..!" and hugging the boy, Luhan cried his heart out.

After that talk, Luhan's behaviour had a change. He was being himself again, and smiled a lot. Chanyeol was glad and they were hanging out again. 

Christmas came and everything seemed to be fine. 

It was the last working day in school and Luhan was suffering from fever so he was at home. Chanyeol had to go to school to take assignments and he was feeling so lonely without his best friend. The time too felt to be moving slow. 

"Hey, you're Park Chanyeol right?" Zico asked. 

"Yeah." 

"Man! You are JYP's son? Like, really?" Ilhoon raised his brows. Chanyeol frowned but still nodded.

The boys jumped in happiness and looked at him as if he was some royalty.

"I'm a big fan of your dad Channiiee! Can we meet him? PLeeaaasssseee~?" Zico said with puppy eyes and Chanyeol did not know what to reply.
But still he agreed and invited the boys over his house for christmas party. 
In the evening, the Park mansion was flooded with celebs and rich businessmen. Chanyeol and Luhan were busy with their friends while the Parks were busy welcoming the guests.Chanyeol was called a few times to get introduced to some of the important guests.The Park prince was running back to his friends after a meeting with the Chois when Zico and Ilhoon came into his sight.

"Hey guys." he waved and the boys smiled.

"Hi Chanyeol! Your house is too good!" Ilhoon said amusingly as his eyes wandered around. Smiling proudly, Chanyeol muttered a thanks. He took them to meet Luhan who sure was displeased with their presence but didn't cause a scene. After that day, Chanyeol was seen hanging out with the duo a lot more than often. He'd go to ice cream parlors with them, play basket ball and would do school projects with the boys. It was not like he had abandoned his best friend but Luhan would always reject the offer.

"I don't fit in with you guys Yeol. You go and have fun!" Luhan said one day when Chanyeol Zico had called Chanyeol and Luhan to the amusement park.

It was a sunday and Luhan was out with Minhyun and Vernon, his project partners to a nearby book store when he saw Zico and Ilhoon bullying a little boy. It was then when he got concerned about Chanyeol and as soon as he got home, he asked Chanyeol to stop hanging with them. 

"They are not good boys Yeollie! I have heard from Vernon that they were kicked out of their previous school becasue they were caught bullying a girl. Can you believe this? A girl! I dont even know ho-"

"Stop ing about my friends Lu." Chanyeol glared.

"I'm not ing about them! I saw them bullying a small boy today! I swear they are not good to be your frie-"

Suddenly Chanyeol's phone rang and Ilhoon's name flashed on the screen. It seemed like they had plan of going to the ice cream parlour today and Chanyeol asked Luhan if he wants to come. 
 

"I'm telling you to stay away from them and here you are going to hang out with them?" Luhan fumed.

"If you don't wanna come, then fine. I don't care. Bye." he said and stormed out of their room, leaving a stunned Luhan behind.

That, was their first fight in such a long time.

When Chanyeol came back home at night, Luhan tried to talk to him but the taller ignored him saying he was too tired. Sighing, Luhan left him and went to sleep. 
The finals were coming and the Chinese was worried for his friend. He was so busy in playing and hanging with hs newly found friends that he never ever touched his books. Whenever Mrs. Park or Luhan would scold him for wasting too much time, he'd throw tantrums and would run away to either Zico or Ilhoon's house. 
When the results of the final came out, Luhan had topped in school again while Chanyeol barely made it to his next class. Zico and Ilhoon too were the ones who almost got entry in the higher grade.

Puberty was getting Chanyeol hard because now he'd always yell for nothing, would ge angry at anything and if his wish was not granted, he'd throw tantrums. Tired from his behaviour, the Parks gave up and let him be but Luhan always would try knocking some sense into him.
Sometimes, the taller would listen, sometimes he won't. 

"Yeol! You are being a brat now! What has happened to you?" Luhan finally lost his patience and yelled at him when the first mid terms result were out.
Chanyeol failed in three subjects.

The second rank holder of the school failed.

"You failed in three subjects! Do you like being scolded by teachers?" 

"You are not my mom! So stop acting like one okay?" Chanyeol yelled back. 
'
"You-"

"You ing orphan! You should be grateful my parents and I  took you in!" 

The words made Luhan numb. He could not believe it. It broke his heart into million pieces hearing tose words coming from Chanyeol.

When the first drop of tears fell from Luhan's eyes, that's when realiztion hit Chanyeol.

"Lu.. I- I didn't me-mean it! Lu please d-don't c-cry!"

But Luhan's ears were deaf. And he wanted to run away. Far from here. Far from his best friend and he did.

His name being called was the only thing he heard when he closed the door behind him.

It has been over three months since Luhan and Chanyeol's fight and they barely talk to each other. Luhan engrossed himself in his studies while Chanyeol was now free and was being a brat. Zico and Ilhoon were now familiar faces in the Park Mansion, always coming there to enjoy the luxuries of Chanyeol's house. The food, the warm bed, the exotic video games and the richness, whatever Chanyeol had were being enjoyed by them.
Whenever they ran out of their allowances, they'd come to Chanyeol for money and the boy would give them more than enough.

The grades kept on degrading and the mansion's mailbox were filled with complaint letters about Chanyeol sneaking out of school during the class hours, bullying someone or mis behaving.

For a few days, Mr. Park would scold him and threaten him but then stopped when Chanyeol got even worse. He ranaway from his house one night and didn't come back for a whole week.

"Hey Yeol! You have money right man?" Zico asked when they were wandering aimlessly in the park.

"Hmm. Why?" Chanyeol asked casually.

"You wanna try something new?" Zico stopped in the middle of his walk. Chanyeol looked at him in confusion asking what was his friend talking about.

"Its the best place I've ever been to! You'll love it too!" Zico said and dragged Chanyeol to Ilhoon's house which wasn't far from there.

The three boys stopped in front of a club and Chanyeol gasped.

"We are going in there?" 

Zico nodded happily.

"But a-aren't we underage? We'll get caught!" Chanyeol stated and the other two laughed.

"We wont! There is a back door and we can easily sneak in." Ilhoon chirped. Chanyeol was still debying, too afraid to go but in the end agreed. Turns out, Ilhoon was right and there really was a back door which made access for the teens easy. 

It was first time for Chanyeol seeing a club and he loved it. He didn't want to leave the place. Taking the money from the Park, Zico went to the counter with his face covered with hoodie and ordered three beers. 

"Drink this! It's better than milk!" Zico threw the bottle towards Chanyeol who caught it rather clumsily. Hesitating at first, he opened the cap and took a sip.

"OH ! ITS'S THE GROSSIEST THING I'VE EVER DRANK!" He said spatting. "I'm not drinking this!"

"Aren't you a man?" Ilhoon raised his brows.

"I am but-"

"Men don't whine. They drink whatever is given to them and eat whatever is served to them. So ing drink it up, Park Chanyeol!"

And that was the first time Chanyeol drank three bottles of beer.

Now, it became a habit of the boys to go to the club and drink with Chanyeol's money. Sometimes, they'd even somke and dance with the crowd.
That was when he found about him being gay.
Luhan was probably aware of Chanyeol's bad habits and one day he tried to talk to his once best friend only to be sent away, insulted by Zico and Ilhoon.

Another year passed and the boys were fourteen, entering the seventh grade. 

It was Ilhoon;s birthday and the trio decided to celebrate it at the club. But that night, luck left their side because one of the bar tenders caught them and handed them to the police.
The news spread around and the boys were brought to the police station.

"You kids! What were you doing at the club?" One of the police men gritted their teeth. 

"We.. sir he," Ilhoon said pointing at Chanyeol, "-brought us there. It was his idea!" 

Chanyeol's wits left him as he heard his friend.

"Yes sir! Believe us sir! We are just kids from the slums. How can we have any money to even go their and buy drinks?" It was Zico who said with an innocent face.

"We are just his slaves officer! Please let us go!" 

Both Ilhoon and Zico cried and pleaded while Chanyeol was struck-dumb. It was like Karma was hitting him hard. 
He ignored Luhan, his parents, his instincts and now he was being treated well by fate. He deserved this.
This was his punishment for everything he has done.

"Park Chanyeol. Heh? You are the son of the famous JYP?" Another officer looked amused. 

"Poor him. He has such a spoiled son." he added.

Soon, the office was filled with gossips about how good of a person his father is and how much disappointed Chanyeol has caused to him. 
The boys were sent to the medical room for checking if they had drank any drinks and it turned out that Chanyeol's liqour level was the highest. Both Zico and Ilhoon
had assumedly never taken drinks.

Chanyeol was shocked at the news.

How was that possible?

As far as he remembers, they all drank the same thing.

"Zico and Ilhoon, you guys are free to go but you, Mr. Park," the head officer glared at Chanyeol. "-you are going to stay here. Your father is coming."

His friends, his so-called friends on whon he had spent like thousands betrayed him.He fought with Luhan and with his parents for them, tried to fit in with them, did everything for them and in the end, they turned their backs at him. Before leaving, Zico came to visit Chanyeol and smirked.

"You have got money in your pants man! You'll be free in no minutes! So don't worry, 'kay?" he said and all Chanyeol wanted to do was to cry and cry.

*end of flashback*

"I was too scared after that! Dad and mom, they weren't even talking to me for like a year. Luhan too was disappointed and I felt so hopeless. I even tried to end my ed up life."

Baekhyun gasped. 

"I know, stupid right?" Chanyeol smiled sadly. 

He could not believe that the always smiling and fooling around Chanyeol had went through something this bad. Sure, being rich and all brought enough troubles and unwanted attention but they were just kids back then. Now he understood why Chanyeol only trusted Luhan with everything and he felt guilty for everything he has done to him. The boy too has suffered much! 

"But Luhan saved me. He was the first one to start believing in me, giving hope and positivity to me. Its because of him I'm alive and happy again."

"Your p-parents?"

"Dad was the first one to talk properly to me. Mom..she... never ever looked at my face. I ruined her image by the news that spread about me and well, on top that I told them that I was gay. Dad was cool but she said I'm dead to her." Tears formed in his eyes. 

"Chanyeol, I am so sorry for everything you've been through!" Baekhyun said hugging him.

"If only I find those s now, I'd kick their asses off !"

Chanyeol chuckled and hugged Baekhyun back.

"Thank you for not judging me. I'm really grateful!" he said between his tears. 

"Silly boy! I told you I'd never judge you!" Baekhyun smacked him playfully. "Also, I'm sorry for eveything I've done to Luhan! I wish if I could take it all back. I was so mean to him!" 

"But you guys are fine now, right?"

Baekhyun nodded happily. Him and Luhan are the bestest friends now.

"But hey! Am I really with JYP's son right now? Or is it a dream?"

It was amost dawn when the boys decided to head for the tent. The walk was silent yet nothing felt awkward. Both their hands were interwined and genuine smiles were plastered on their red faces.They were just few steps away from the camp when Chanyeol abruptly stopped walking.

"What is it Yeol?" Baekhyun asked worriedly. "We have to hurry! If Hwang Seang or Nam Saeng caught us sneaking then we'd be in deep !"

Funny those words were coming from the King of the rule-breakers Byun Baekhyun and as true as they were, Chanyeol really had to say the thing he left.

"I forgot to tell you something important!"  

"What is it? Can't it wait till morning? I'm really tired now and I want to s-mmff" 

Baekhyun had his eyes wide in shock when he felt something wet on his lips. 

Chanyeol broke the kiss and cupped a stunned Baekhyun's face. 

"I love you Baekhyun. I really love you!"



A/n;

Finally... the secret is out... and also, Chanyeol confessed to Baek!! \\(^_^)//

I guess it was the longest chap I've written...!!! *tired*

It took me a whole day to write this chapter but thank god I finally completed it!! Although I've tried to be as much as clear about Lu's and Chanyeol's ages, time spans and some other things, still if you have any confusion, please feel free to ask.  ^_^

My classes starts from tomorrow  u_u 

bbuuutttt Im still gonna update!! ;)

Okkaayy good night now.... And do NOT forget to comment.. kkzz?? hhehehehhe...

Hope you guys like this chapter!

BYE BYE FOR NOW!!