Fooling Around

It Started With the Rain!

Chanyeol’s POV

If we compare my life before and after S.M. High, it can be concluded that this new school has made things more interesting. Not that my earlier was boring, but the things that I have been experiencing here since the day of my arrival are quite fascinating. Credits to a certain someone I crush upon. Yes, you guessed it right. The guy’s none other than Byun Baekhyun - the epitome of narcissism. He is a devil in disguise with angelic beauty and a heavenly voice. A walking suing machine, who doesn't know what he is saying or doing. Sometimes, I do wonder how I even fell for him when we were so different from each other! Do opposite poles really attract each other?

Anyway, back to where we left off- after Baekhyun joined us, our evening somehow became more exciting. The boy, even though didn't participate much in our conversation, but watching him throwing expressions here and there was entertaining. It was getting late so we decided to hail a cab for Haneul and after she left, it was just the two of us. None of us had anything to do, so I suggested to walk around. It was a pleasant night and I wanted to spend some time with Baekhyun.

“So, why were you following us?” I asked. He didn't answer right away which only increased my curiosity.

Was he really following?

But how did he know where I was?

“I was..umm.. just there,” Baekhyun’s gaze was glued to the ground. “ It was a coincidence!”

“Are you speaking the truth, princess?”

“I’M NOT LYING!” Baekhyun snapped. "AND I AM NOT A PRINCESS!"

“Whatever you say, babe!” I mumbled, disappointed that probably, it was just a coincidence because honestly, why would he fall for me? Why will he even like me? With the kind of attitude he’s got, won’t he hate me too thinking that enemy’s friends are their enemies too?

 Yup. That’s so him! I mentally cursed my luck. For the first time in my life I’ve liked someone but even after four weeks, I don’t even know if the feeling’s mutual or not! How bad can it get?

*sigh*

With the corner of my eyes, I looked at the boy next to me who was humming a song, oblivious to my inner turmoil. And just like his beauty, his voice was flawless. Heavenly, if I may add. No wonder he was the lead singer of a band. His black hoodie perfectly contrasted with his skin, making him shine like a star and his denim showed off his skinny legs. He was someone to be adored and loved and if only he knew how much I wanted to be that someone. The day I set my eyes on him, I lost myself in his deep ocean-like eyes. I wanted him to be mine and me to be his. He is the first person who flipped and flopped my heart in almost every possible direction at every possible angle. He made me feel hot and cold at the same time. He made me laugh and want to cry and pull my hair out. He was the one who changed my life and took the spot of ‘THE ONE’ for me.

“Do you…like her?” Baekhyun asked in a low voice, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“Huh?”

“I asked if you like her. Haneul.”  Baekhyun said and did I just see a glimpse of sadness in his eyes?

Okay, Chanyeol. It’s time to have some fun!

“What do you think?” I smirked. Baekhyun bit his lower lip and fidgeted with the hem of his sweatshirt and he looked so cute that I just wanted to hug him.

“She’s.. she’s nice and pretty. There’s no chance that someone like you wouldn’t like her back.”

“Someone like me? What do you mean by that?” I looked at him, raising my eyebrows.

“I mean, it's just this that..umm.. you’re tall. Handsome. Academic even.”  He stammered, his face all red and eyes meeting the ground and before my mind could fully register the things he had said, he blurted out again.

“And I-I think that... I really… just.. maybe..li-like y-you!”

 My heart was beating like it would explode at any moment! He likes me.

Byun Baekhyun likes me. My crush likes me back.

The feelings are not one-sided!


BAEKHYUN’S POV

DAMN IT!

 WHY ARE YOU SO IDIOT BAEKHYUN? YOU ING JUST BLURTED OUT YOUR FEELINGS FOR HIM! YOU ING CONFESSED TO HIM!

. . .

I took a quick glance at Chanyeol to see his expressions and what I met with were an open mouth, wide eyes, and a frozen tower. Looking at his bewildered state, my heart sank deeper than the Titanic. Just why do I have to ruin the moment by opening my stupid-big-fat-mouth?  AND WHY THE HELL IS HE SILENT? I was about to kick him when he spoke his first words.

“You..like me?” 

“IF ONLY I WAS A GIRL!” I said so quick and loud that Chanyeol almost looked like he'd have a heart attack.

Stupid.

Plain stupid.

But good enough.

Phew!

“Huh?” He looked at me in confusion. And for the moment, I was confused too. But I needed to save myself for now. This confession was never meant to be!

At least not like this!

 “I said, I would’ve liked you if only I was a girl,” I said it putting up my usual sassy face.

“Oh..okay,” Chanyeol mumbled low. We continued our walk in silence until I saw the familiar mansion in view.

“Hey. Can – I have your number?” he said and my heart started to race around.

He is asking for my number. He wants to stay in touch.

He wants to talk.

Did I commit a mistake by not telling him the truth? Would telling him my true feeling was worth it? Or does he think of me as just a rich friend with big 0’s whose number is like the 10-digit credit card number that vomits money when you need help financially??

“I-yeah. Yeah. Okay.” He quickly gave his phone to me and I inserted the number. Curious about what name he saves my number by, I tried to peek but damn his height! I ing couldn't see a thing.  

“Well, then I’ll see you tomorrow.” Chanyeol smiled, putting his phone away.

“See you tomorrow,” I replied and hurried off to the house. Entering the house, I took a deep, long breath that I’d been wanting to do since the ing confession.

But why did he sound sad? Was he expecting it to be true?

Did I really do wrong by not telling him?


CHANYEOL’S POV

I just wish if what he said was true.

 I was really happy to hear that this feeling I have for him is mutual! I really was. But damn he just had to ruin the moment. Why?? I was busy thinking about today when Luhan came out of the kitchen humming a song that just suited my situation.

You’re a heartbreaker..breaker…

Tell me now..

Why the hell you gotta be a heartbreaker..breaker..?

Leave me now…

“Shut up!” I  said annoyed.

“Who broke your heart?” he smirked.

Baekhyun.

“Nobody.”

“You’re not really good at lying you know?” Luhan crossed his hands over his chest.

“It's nothing. And did you forget that I’m single? How’d I have a broken heart?” I blurted.    

“I heard you went out on a date with Haneul. Did she reject you after realizing what a creep you are?” he said, sticking his tongue out.

He rejected me? WHAT??? Was I rejected?

“Don’t you have anything else to do?” I was beyond irritated now. Luhan threw his hands up in the air and walked out. I was about to mourn over the rejection (courtesy of Luhan who made me realize this.)  when suddenly he came back, his face serious.

“What now?”

“He called, Chan.” He said in a serious tone. “He’s coming back tomorrow.”


When the Seoul sky began to lighten outside the window, my eyes were still open. I couldn’t sleep much because of the news Luhan had given me. He was coming back today. And I was just too excited to meet him! It has been a year since I’ve seen his face. The clock struck 7 and told me that it was time to wake up. With the sound of utensils and the smell of food coming from the kitchen informed me that Luhan was already up. After doing the morning chores and taking a quick-hot shower, I was all ready for school.

“Mornin’ de-“

This is not Lu.

He..this..he-

“Hello, Chanyeol. Let’s have breakfast. ” The man holding the cartoon of juice smiled widely.

“D-dad?”


A/N:

I updated finally! ty chapter, I know. :( :(

I didn't know what to write. Sowwiieee if I'm being boring...!! T_T

Thank you for reading....!!! <3 <3

Comments are always welcomed!!!