The Self-Destruct Button

It Started With the Rain!

Luhan’s pov

I couldn’t get much of a sleep last night. The scenes of what had happened kept replaying in my head. If only he hadn’t come, I would’ve been somewhere, and maybe killed even. 

Who knew?

And I bet nobody would’ve found my body.

But thanks to him, I’m here beneath my warm duvet, breathing and alive.

*Flashback*

As I opened my eyes, my jaw hit the floor. I was expecting anything but this! 

“Touch him and you will never see tomorrow’s sunlight,” Sehun growled. The blonde guy stared deadly at him and tried to free himself. But didn’t know that MY Sehunnie..err sorry... Oh Sehun was trained to fight. You simply can't win easy against him! He was turned into a groaning mess by Sehun in no second.

“You- YA!” The guy jumped at him with a bottle but Sehun successfully dodged the attack. 

“You think you are strong huh?” the guy growled. 

“I know so.” Sehun smirked and BANG! The person was on the floor. He then raised his brows at the other two who surrendered and ran away. The whole time, I was rooted to the spot, my mind still processing what really had happened. I even pinched myself hard to make sure that I’m still breathing and not dreaming. 

“You okay?” he asked.

“I..uh..yeah. Thanks.” Sehun looked straight at me and that’s when I realized we were too close. Coughing, I tried to step back only to wait for my to hit the concrete.

“Careful!” Sehun yelled and held my hand. Electricity jolted in my body, making me hard not to blush. I can’t believe I still feel the same even after a year.

Oh god! 

Nooooo~!

“Will you stop staring at me? It’s weird.” Sehun’s statement made me pray for my own death. I’m really an embarrassment. 

“I wasn’t looking at you!” I said shyly and looked away.

“I will drop you home.” He said affirmatively. 

“No! It’s okay! I can go! You don’t have t-.”

“Shut the up and tell me where you live.” Sehun said annoyingly and I gave in because I was too tired to put up an argument.

We were seated in his car and I couldn’t stop myself from thinking about our past. No matter how much I tell myself that I hate him, I could never actually come to do so. Sure he has always hurt me every now and then and every time he does something painful, I make my mind to hate him till death but then, whenever I see him in school, I’d go all weak on my knees. It’s just this that my heart just won’t listen to my brain!

Love sure is a crazy thing.

 When the white building came into view, I told him to drop me at the gate and leave but he was too stubborn to obey me. So, that leads us here, standing at different corners in the elevator. I was glancing at him secretly and was wondering how he knew where I was. Because we don’t live in the reel world where the hero already knows where his girl is and that then they start with the melodrama. 

I was curious to why he even helped me. Didn’t he say he hates me? 

“Sehun..”

“It’s the fifth floor. Go now.” Sehun said in his usual cold tone and my heart dropped at it. 

“Thanks. Really” I whispered, my head hung low. 

“And tell your airhead BOYFRIENDS to be more responsible. Because who knows what would happen if they let their little pretty toy to around.” He said and the doors were closed.

*End of flashback*

I always promise myself to get over him and never take his words to my heart but somehow, he just manages to break all my walls and then hurt me like hell. 

But since he saved me today, I'll pass this one.

Hehehe.. Not like I've actually forgiven him but maybe I should just try again to talk to him.. and who knows.. maybe we can be on good terms again? 


“Why do I feel that everyone’s looking our way?” I whispered to Chanyeol as we entered in the class. Chanyeol shrugged and looked around. Everybody’s eyes were on us, or more precisely at me. Having enough of the limelight, I thought to ask Kyungsoo about it when a raging Sehun came into my sight. He walked up to me and pulled me up by the collar. 

“What are you doing Sehun!” Chanyeol yelled and tried to free me from his grip. 

“WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!” He yelled at me.

I looked at him in confusion. What have I done? Has last night made him go crazy? And why is he this angry?

 Is he talking about the project report? But didn’t I already submitted it? 

Have I done something else to piss him off? 

“What are you talking about?” I asked.

“DON’T TRY TO ACT INNOCENT! I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE, !” 

“Sehun really just..”

Before I could complete my sentence, Baekhyun came in smirking. Holding something in his hands. Was it… OHMYGOD! ! 
Horror was written all over my face.

My diary!

OH DAMN! ! How did he have it?

“Oh oh.. the love birds having a little fight?” he asked, smirking.

“Don’t you ing dare to associate me with this !” Sehun snapped and walked out of the class.

Words left me. My brain had gone blank and vision was blurred. 

“Wasn’t he dating Chanyeol?”

“Was he? I thought he was with Kris Oppa!”

“Oh no. My Sehunniee must be angry. It must be that who’d have broken my Oppa’s heart.”

“I can’t believe I thought Luhan Oppa to be a nice guy!”

I tried hard to not breakdown when the gossips and talks reached my ears. I’ve been here before, heard them, was ruined, bullied, called names and I thought I could handle this.

But I was wrong.

The wounds were cut open and I was bleeding once again. 
“I guess this belongs to you, right?” Baekhyun’s voice sounded so happy. He was swinging the diary back and forth before slamming it on my desk. The teacher then came in and the students got immersed in the studies but I was far from it. 

I was angry.

Hurt.

Upset.

Mad.

For the first time in my life, I was having the thoughts of killing Baekhyun in the most sinful ways. 


Baekhyun’s POV
Oh yes!

Yes yes yes!

I did it! I made him cry! I made him lose his fans! 

I made everybody to hate him!

ing Yes! 

I was mentally doing my victory dance on my way to the Chemistry lab when Chanyeol stood in front of me.

“Hey Chan-“

“Don’t.say.my.name.” he growled and before I could say anything, he pinned me to the wall. My head hit the wall hard and I was in pain. The students around us gasped at the scene. Kyungsoo and Jongin just stood in the sideways, doing nothing. 

“Why did you do it?” His eyes were blood-red and his words were as venomous as his tone. 

“Chanyeol I..its….”

“ING TELL ME WHY DID YOU DO IT TO HIM?” He shook my body hard and I felt like my organs would just pop out of my mouth. 

 “I hate him! I hate everything about Luhan!” I screamed my lungs out.

“Why does everybody like him? Why does he always have to be the angel? Kyungsoo, Jongin, Kris, and even YOU- like that ing ! Luhan this-, Luhan that-. Luhan Luhan Luhan! Everything is ing about him! He even got me kicked out of MY BAND- the one thing I loved the most and you still ask me why I did this?!?” I had lost control over my emotions and blurted out the truth. Kyungsoo and Jongin’s eyes were on stalks after my dirty revelation.

Chanyeol’s grip around me loosened and his expressions changed from anger to disgust.  And then I realized what I’d done. Guilt crept inside me and I was beyond sorry. I saw him stepping back. He was about to leave but I grabbed onto his wrist. 

“Yeol, please! I’m sor..”

“You’re an overly self-obsessed person I’ve ever seen in my life you know.”

My eyes were filled with tears. Guilt eating me from inside. How did I forgot that if I hurt Luhan, I’d be losing Chanyeol too? Why did I do it? It's like I myself have pressed the self-destruct button for me.

Oh god no!

Please reverse the time.

Please!

I beg of you!

“Don’t leave me, please! I will do anything!” I was desperate. 

“You told me we were friends? Did you ask me to trust you? ing go to hell ‘cause I’m never, ever gonna trust a like you!” 

“No...please! I’m so sorry! Yeol pl..”

 He chuckled bitterly and turned around. And before he left me there crying my eyes out, he said something that completely blew my brains out.

“I guess I fell for the wrong guy.”