...62

The Last Single Girl

 

Someone always has to get hurt.

The turn of events last week is so overwhelming. Up until now, I still haven’t fully pulled myself out of it. Jiyong and I together again is far beyond my imagination. Not to mention, with him still in a relationship with Lena, things are as complicated as it will ever be. Then again, I’m confident that Jiyong will find his way out in the most desirable and smoothest way. If not, we may be facing a problem. One thing is for sure though, I will not give up on him anymore.

“Hey!”

Dr. Miller. I’m still constructing a good plan to tell him about Jiyong and I. This is easier than Jiyong has to go through, but I’m hurting for Dr. Miller because he’s been nothing but good, patient and supportive to me. He’s really a nice guy, and I hope our friendship will still go on after I tell him.

“Good Morning!” I greeted, welcoming him into my office.

As usual, he brought me flowers. This time, they are Peonies, a favorite of one of my patients. “Jihoon will love these” I said, smelling the flowers.

He chuckled. “Tomorrow will be Roses for Minhyuk”

I smiled and nodded. “The kids love it whenever I give them flowers. I also already told them that you’re the one buying it and I’m just your messenger”

“I guess I should give them the flowers directly from now on” he said, making me giggle.

While staring at him, I keep on thinking, ‘How will I tell him?’ ‘Can I even take it knowing that his heart is going to be broken?’ I really don’t want to hurt a good man.

“But I have to” I said unconsciously, a little too loud.

It made Dr. Miller look at me. “What was that?”

Areum, I think this is the right time. You have to brace yourself of what might happen. After all, prolonging this will just burden you more.

“Aden” I called. My heart is beating fast. My nerves are shooting up.

“Yeah?”

I smiled at him. Tears already pooling in my eyes even before I can speak. “Jiyong and I…” Wait. Isn’t this too straightforward? Shouldn’t I say something comforting first before the matter itself?

To my surprise, he laughed. “Finally! You’re sharing something to me. It’s been a week since he left and you haven’t said anything”

Well, there’s a reason to it.

“We’re in good terms again” I cheerfully said.

Dr. Miller’s sweet smile tells me that he’s happy for us. It’s so genuine. “I knew it! You wouldn’t last long ignoring each other”

Still in deep thoughts, I just nodded. This is hard!

“What can he say about your new apartment?”

I take a breath and exhaled slowly. “Believe it or not, the apartment is his”

Totally surprised, “What?”

“Well, he bought it and asked his sister to recommend it to me. So technically, I bought it from him” I said and he’s speechless.

If there’s one thing that Dr. Miller doesn’t know yet about Jiyong, it’s his capability to do things that are not usual for a normal person to think nor do.

“That’s so cool! VERY COOL!” he burst out in awe.

I sighed. “The money he got from it is now in a savings account for Yong”

He sighed. “Jiyong truly cares for your son” he said, receiving a smile from me. “Yong won’t have a problem going through adulthood. Thanks to his Uncle Ji”

True. Yong is one point five million won richer. Dami Unnie is the one handling his account, for I asked her to. According to her, Jiyong has put in money aside from the one he got from my apartment. My son already have a college fund even before he started schooling.

“How is his new relationship going?” Dr. Miller asked. I suddenly felt a lump in my throat.

I bowed my head down and played with my fingers. “He’s about to break up with her”

With eyes wide open in shock, “Why? Wow! I didn’t see that coming”

Ok. Here we go.

“First of, he really doesn’t love her. Though he tried, it didn’t work out at all. Second, he doesn’t want to hurt her anymore further, especially now when…” I paused. I’m about to say it. This is making me nuts!

“When?”

“Aden…” I know that there are no good words to coat a hurtful one, but I’m still trying to make it lighter than it’s expected to be. “Jiyong and I…”

To my utter shock, Dr. Miller laughed, making me look at him in confusion.

“Seriously Areum? You shouldn’t burden yourself too much” he said.

“Huh?” I’m lost.

He cleared his throat and chuckled. “You and him are back together again. Am I right?”

Gosh!

“How…” I’m out of words.

“I knew it will only take a big moment until the two of you can hold in your feelings. In your case, your turning point is when he decided to be with Lena. You’re dead jealous of her! It made you realize how much you’re losing. GD on the other hand, cannot take life without in it”

Open mindedness is rare nowadays. Good thing, there are still people like Dr. Miller. From the way I see it, he’s taking it lightly, though I know there’s a pinch of pain in his heart.

“Our hearts never gave up on each other” I said, earning a bright smile from him.

“You never give up on people you love. No matter how hard it is to keep up”. He is such a kind soul. I’m not mistaken. I know from the first time I talked to him that deep down in him, there is an angel.

That said, I cannot help but feel guilty. All this time he’s been very supportive of me. He’s so vocal about his feelings, while I’m so into Jiyong, but he didn’t feel offended by it.

“I’m sorry, Aden”. An apology is not enough, but it’s all I can do.

He gave out a childish pout and acted as if he’s about to cry, just to laugh out loud after. “There’s no need to apologize” he flashed an assuring smile, making me feel better. “Maybe you’re really not destined to be mine to have or we just have not found the right time for us”, then he rubbed his chin. “Well, I take the first one because I don’t think that even given the right time, you’ll look my way, for it’s Jiyong your heart is solidly beating for”

Actually, if Jiyong and I don’t happen to fall in-love and Dr. Miller comes along, I will definitely be into him.

Not as awkward and tensed as I thought we’ll be, I told him how the reconciliation happened. The way we chat is so much like best friends, making me feel really good.

“Lena is going to be a challenge. I think” I told him, after telling the story Jiyong shared about her trying to ruin her ex-boyfriend’s career.

Dr. Miller sighed. “She won’t” he said, sounding so confident. “I don’t know GD deeply, but I’m certain that he’ll do everything for you and for your relationship. He has lost you a couple of times, I don’t think he will even imagine losing you again. Yes, it’s going to be difficult, but he’ll make it. There are things at stake, and that is his career, but he’ll be able to turn things around. To me, nothing is as painful as fighting for real love. It’s going to be dirty out there for the two of you, expect that, all you got to do is hold on. Don’t think of giving up anymore” he chuckled, “Because if you do, I’ll never talk to you again, for it’ll look like I gave way to him for nothing”

Good words from such a good soul.

Our chat was interrupted when I was called for an emergency. I spent the whole afternoon running around the hospital, attending to my patients. I even become a replacement for another Doctor to be at a delivery. Seeing a baby born is really one of the best feelings in life.

“Dr. Jeong” my assistant called, peeking in my office.

I stopped what I’m doing and looked up at her. “Yes?”

“Dr. Miller is here” she said.

The moment he walked in, I can tell that he’s not in his element. I wonder what happened.

“Hey!” I greeted him with a wide smile that he returned with a fake smile.

This made me worry. Dr. Miller is always in a good mood. The only time he loses himself is after a double shift.

“What’s up?”

Dr. Miller stared at me for a good minute. His face serious. His eyes, worried. “Areum, there’s something you need to know”

Oh, this is bad news. Is he leaving?

“Just…spit it” I told him impatiently.

All of a sudden, he pulled out his phone and handed it to me.

“Huh?” I get it from him, confused.

“Read it” he pointed at the screen.

                                                                    {Big Bang’s G-dragon, ELOPED!}

On Friday, G-dragon is spotted with girlfriend, Supermodel, Lena Blair, at TAO night club Las Vegas, with friends. Insiders said that the two are nothing but sweet all night, even dancing ily at one point.

                           “They are so into each other”, the insider said via phone.

Around four in the morning, their group drove to a wedding chapel downtown. The couple, together with friends, came out of their limousine holding wine glasses. It was said that they were in the chapel for not less than twenty minutes, and when the group came out, they speed off back to their hotel.

That same day, the insider checked with the chapel and asked who just got married, and it turned out to be G-dragon and Lena. If you want to confirm their marriage, their marriage certificate can be viewed online. It was legal.

YG Entertainment and Line Model Management are still silent about the unexpected bind, but they promised to give an official statement regarding this in the days to come.

                                           ****