A Space to Get Together

Born to Love, Cursed to Feel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

title: a space to get together

genre: fluff, and more fluff

hello, lovelies! this collection is back from the dead. it’s been a year & four months since i last posted.

-

 

snow fell under the gleaming silver rays of moonlight.

it cushioned our small backs, and covered our bodies, yet neither one of us moved.

irene, and i stayed lying on the ground. the cold having long crept through our clothes, and chilled our fragile bones.

there was the barest amount of space between us, separated by a sliver of air that prickled with warmth from our combined heat.

 

irene’s serene eyes were fixed on the stars, lips slightly parted causing soft white clouds of breath to appear.

my attention on the other side was on her. i watched her watching the light of the thousand stars which looked down on us.

out of nowhere, she smiled. gaze catching mine when she turned her head to face me.

“i freaking hate winter,” she said, laughing a little. “but right now, it’s not really that bad. lying here with you, the stars seem so much more bright and alive.”

“well, aren’t you poetic, irene bae?” i said, and she laughed again.

she shifted slightly, pushing more snow on me until suddenly, her slender shoulder was pressed against mine, tendrils of warmth radiating in from that small point of contact.

“it’s hard to believe that many people are sleeping, missing this.” irene breathed out, gaze on my snow-soaked face.

“it wouldn’t be the same.”

“how so?”

i didn’t respond, though it didn’t really matter, for she saw the answer in my eyes.

“you’re right, wendy. it wouldn’t be the same. there’s something special about this moment right here.”

lying in the lawn of her house, steadily being covered in snow.

just a simple act of resting here with iren

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter