[Part Five] Silicon Heart

Born to Love, Cursed to Feel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“What are those?”


“Callouses.”


“Callouses?” Seungwan blinked innocently. “From what?” 


“From playing the violin and the guitar too much, like really too much.” Joohyun said slowly. “Before I started living in here, I used to play those two instruments with my stepsister when she was still alive. When she would sing, I would strum the guitar or play the violin.” 


“I think it’s beautiful.” Seungwan said softly. 


“Beautiful?” Joohyun repeated. 


“Yes, it’s a proof that you played it with passion and that your talent is real.” 


“Thank you, Your Highness! But still, I think it’s weird hearing from someone that callouses are beautiful, I mean who would love to hold a rigid, rough hand?” 


“I would.” A heart-stopping smile graced on Seungwan’s face as she lifted Joohyun’s human hand to her pinkish lips, kissing each fingertip gently. The cyborg froze at the action, but it only took a brief moment until she felt her entire body relaxed, allowing herself to enjoy the night child’s gentleness. 


She was a rogue vampire, very strong, and high ranking.


Yet, she was as gentle as the morning breeze, sweet and tender as a mother’s touch, just like Seulgi.


If she had a twin, it would be Seulgi. Joohyun thought to herself. 


“Since you’re done with your classes, wanna take a tour to the ninth floor?” Seungwan suggested. “It’s a little bit creepy in there but it’s gonna be a joyride.” 


“Creepy is my middle name.” The cyborg cracked a grin.


“Off we go then.”

 

* *

 

There were lots of elevators in every corner, but to make it more fun, Joohyun chose to walk, and she was relieved that Seungwan didn’t mind at all.

 

Of course she wouldn’t mind because first of all, she could fly if she wanted to, she could use her lightning bolt speed if she had to, and touring by foot would be much better than using the elevators which were similar to a portal, and their kind of portals weren’t really that fun. 


Once they arrived in the ninth floor, Joohyun couldn’t help but gasp in amazement.


It didn’t see

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter