[Part Nine] Silicon Heart

Born to Love, Cursed to Feel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

How could someone be graceful while fighting?

Joohyun thought to herself as she enjoyed observing Seungwan and Seulgi fighting one another. Their long black-blue hair dancing with the cool air like a swirling liquid, and the sharp movements of their bodies wasn’t nerve-wracking to watch.

They were in the underground duel chamber at the moment which was located in a hidden area in the palace. A specified place for the royal family’s young soldiers to train themselves to be stronger and to be qualified being in the army.


“What are you doin’ here, wire-head? Graduated from protocol already?”

Upon gazing up to the intruder of her thoughts, Joohyun’s limbs quivered. There stood the magnetron, smiling villainously. Wavy platinum blonde hair shining in a silver color beneath the blinding lights, nails like talons painted in glittery black, and her teeth sharper than a vampire’s fangs.

“Uh, well…” The cyborg staggered, unable to face the latter. “Seungwan and Seulgi told me to come here.”

“I’m not surprised, they enjoy your boring presence.” The magnetron said bluntly.

Joohyun was irritated, but said nothing. Arguing would be no use and childish, but then again, why would she argue?

Dare to talk back or get in my way, and I will kill you slowly.

She remembered when Krystal threw those words in her face on her birthday. She wasn’t sure if the latter was serious about it, but somehow Joohyun took it seriously. Young or old, a friend or a stranger, the cyborg was obedient to everyone. 

 

“Krystal you’re next.” Tiffany called out when Seulgi and Seungwan’s challenge ended. “You’ll challenge your sister.”

The magnetron placed her hands on her hips, looking annoyed. “Do I always have to be paired with Jessi!”

“Fine.” Tiffany crossed her arms. “Hurry up and pick.”

Krystal glanced back at the terrified cyborg, and with the same villainous smile she gave her earlier, she said. “I’ll challenge Joohyun.”


“Oh no you can’t.” said Seungwan, eyes wide, not in fear but in concern that Joohyun would be defeated in a heartbeat.

“Do you have a problem with that, bloods*cker?”

“You can’t challenge someone who has never trained in here before, and she’s not even a soldier in the army.”

“But that’s the thing, Seungwan.” Krystal examined her polished long nails before casting a hard look on Joohyun. “I wanna fight someone weak.”

“Like hell she would accept your challenge.” Seungwan balled her fist, wanting to punch the magnetron, but only to be held back by Seulgi.

“I accept.” Joohyun exclaimed coolly as if fighting a tough creature was the most normal thing in her world.

Heavy gasps could be heard, and dropped jaws could be seen. Like what on earth was she thinking? She doesn’t even know. Maybe to prove that she isn’t weak, or maybe to show off that a cyborg can be a fighter too? She wasn’t sure which one exactly.

“Perfect.” Krystal clapped her hands, her tone mocking as usual. “Let’s see how brave you are, daring to stand against me.”

 

Seconds later, Krystal mumbled something in a very strange language that Joohyun couldn’t understand at all, or more like in a language she has never heard before. In a matter of seconds, the cold hard ground of the arena rose up, and a barrier of thick glass appeared out of nowhere, preventing the other soldiers to interfere and not giving the cyborg a chance to escape.

The vast roof split wide open, and a rush of the winter breeze brushed through them. Joohyun shivered, meanwhile Krystal was completely unaffected, standing tall and head high like the tough soldier she is.  

The diamond bracelet on her left wrist shifted into spikes. Then with a flick of her fingers, it turned into a broad twin sword. She clutched it tightly a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter