[Part One] Silicon Heart

Born to Love, Cursed to Feel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Title: Silicon Heart

Type: Chaptered. Fifteen chapters, maybe?

Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Slight fluff

-

 

With her small hand stretched lazily, Joohyun grabbed the nearest screwdriver on her study desk as she clumsily began to adjust her left foot. A slight squeaky sound came out causing her to grimace.

“Sorry stupid foot, I can’t buy a new one.” The thirteen year old cyborg huffed as she tossed the tool away. “Mom will kill me for sure.”

“She’s gonna kill you for what?”

Joohyun flinched on her seat before turning around to face the owner of the voice.

“Taeyeon unnie!” She smiled awkwardly. “It’s... absolutely nothing.”

“You know you can tell me anything.” The eighteen year old chuckled.

“Promise me you won’t tell mom.” Joohyun scrunched her nose in a cute way. 

“No worries, all your secrets are safe from that wicked woman.”

“Well, yesterday while I was running at school, I accidentally twisted my left foot and now it’s damaged. I can’t afford a new one because I’m broke.”


Taeyeon pursed her lips before uttering a word.

“How much the good quality cost?”

“Two hundred, I guess.”

“Not that much, I see.”

“You’re buying for me?”

“Why not? You’re my sister.”

“Stepsister.” Joohyun corrected. “And that’s not a reason to buy me. You know we’re poor and your job doesn’t pay you well.”

“Whether you accept it or not, I’m gonna buy you and that’s final, little sis.” Taeyeon flicked the kid’s forehead.

 

* *

 

“BAE JOOHYUN, COME HERE RIGHT NOW!”

Fast and quick like a lightning bolt, Joohyun dashed downstairs to the kitchen only to be greeted by her wicked stepmother, arms crossed over her chest and anger was written all over her hard face.

“Yes, mom?” Joohyun said, head downcast.

“Meet my eyes, girl. An obediant servant never sets her gaze downward. And it’s madam for you, I was never your mother.” The woman said darkly. 

And you will never be. The young girl thought bitterly.

“Yes, madam. I’m sorry.”


Ignoring her stepdaughter’s apology like she always did, Taeyeon’s mother pointed her chin toward the sink in an annoyed manner.

“W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter