[Part Six] Silicon Heart

Born to Love, Cursed to Feel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seungwan’s hideout or as she prefered to call it secret lair was beyond imaginations.

When she told Joohyun that it was way better than Wonderland, she was right with every word.

Wonderland was a world of madness and rare things, but this one couldn’t be compared to any rareness in the world.

The unique room was surrounded by mind blowing six walls; sapphire, ruby, emerald, silver, gold, and white stone. The flooring and the wide roofs were thin glass but bulletproof, even shooting bullets and heavy things at it won’t break it, and the windows were giant panes of diamond glass.

If this was a prison, Joohyun wouldn’t mind being locked in here forever.


Most of her life, she had been dreaming of visiting an art museum, and today her dream came true.

Besides the place being a marvelous hideout, it was an art gallery too where the white stone wall filled with colorful graffiti, the silver wall filled with nature drawings, drawn in acrylic paint, and lastly the emerald wall filled with the royal family’s pictures.

In the middle laid a huge portraiy of the current monarch, in her arms was her one year old daughter whom she lost in the flames sixteen years ago, and standing behind her was her husband, the late king.

“Is this Queen Kwon Boa?” Joohyun asked as she trailed a hand over the queen’s song-bird necklace which suddenly glowed to life.

There was a brief silence before Seungwan managed to find her voice.

“Yes, that’s her, but is it just me or the necklace emitted light?”

“It did.” The flustered cyborg replied quietly, wondering why the vampire looked taken aback. “Is there something wrong, Your Highness?”

There wasn’t anything wrong, but there was something strange about it glowing bright even if it was only a picture.

The Queen once told them that her song-bird locket used to glimmer like the rays of the sun whenever her daughter touched it, and other than that, a lot of people stated that the baby survived the terrible fire that happened in the queen’s old house and was adopted by an unknown person.


After telling the reason behind it, Seungwan added. “Her name was Joohyun.”

Not that the cyborg was setting her hopes high, but she blurted out real quick.

“When did the fire incident happen?”

“August 21, 1998.”

“Well, I'm an adopted child. My stepmom told me she took me in, in August 21, 1998.” Joohyun said, silicon heart pounding roughly against her steel ribcage.

Seungwan remained silent and stiff as she took a glance at a certain portrait where Queen Boa was a seventeen year old princess, then quickly back at Joohyun who will be tur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter